• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dr3amk1ll3r

Recruit
Nov 2, 2021
hia I have played abit and I have noticed that the mechs id like to use as frontline tanks take more head dmg from random shots while things i use as sweeping flankers and scouts all most never get hit in the head.
the mechs i tend to send up front is
the SHD-2h
the DRG-N1
the CP-10-Q
do they have a special stat that make them more likely to receive a head wound ?
I do see that there cockpits are more out of the frames on theses mechs there but i don't see any mentions on the frame info.
is it just random game dmg generation getting me this often or is there something i can do like deflate a pilots head before dropping into combat ?
love to know
ty in advance

hia I have played abit and I have noticed that the mechs id like to use as frontline tanks take more head dmg from random shots while things i use as sweeping flankers and scouts all most never get hit in the head.
the mechs i tend to send up front is
the SHD-2h
the DRG-N1
the CP-10-Q
do they have a special stat that make them more likely to receive a head wound ?
I do see that there cockpits are more out of the frames on theses mechs there but i don't see any mentions on the frame info.
is it just random game dmg generation getting me this often or is there something i can do like deflate a pilots head before dropping into combat ?
love to know
ty in advance
Nope! Just random chance. It's slightly more likely to hit the head from the front than from the side, but I think the RNG just doesn't like you.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Purely random!

Most likely what is happening is that your frontline mechs are being less evasive and are at shorter range, so they end up getting hit more often. Both medium lasers and SRMs are short range and generate a lot of attacks, which generates a lot of chance for a shot to ping the head.

• 1Like
Reactions:
In the let's play I did on this forum, one pilot had a record of 9 injuries in 50 missions, and my commander averaged 1 in 6. You just get a lot in vanilla.

It's perhaps worth noting in passing that all the big mods (BTA3062, BEX, RogueTech I think) seem to use a "less head hits" function, even when in some cases, they pride themselves on removing the hidden probability shifts vanilla has.

I have noticed that the mechs id like to use as frontline tanks take more head dmg from random shots while things i use as sweeping flankers and scouts all most never get hit in the head
Yes. They get more shots fired at them in general, which also means more head shots.
No, there's no such thing.
How the 'Mech/cockpit is modeled has no bearing on where the shot hits in this game, it's purely hit tables and RNG.
is it just random game dmg generation getting me this often
Yes.
is there something i can do like deflate a pilots head before dropping into combat ?
Keep evasion up to make more shots miss, install cockpit mods to avoid injury when the inevitable head hit happens, and kill the enemy fast so you don't take as many hits.

• 1Like
Reactions:
another 90 houers in
so here is my update after another 90 to 200 hours of game time.

yes headshots are random and yes turning ones mech can help.

how ever i still receive a high amount of headdmg on some mission and not on others.

sure i get the normal random ones now and again when shot by enemy's with mass fire like MGs and SRMs

but sometimes on a single mission i find my entire team having head wounds and my tank with the + cockpit out of cockpit points

is there a problem with the game i think there is.

i just ran the high level Merik flash point.

first i was about to drop it when i realized it was max 50 tons and its a 5 head difficulty flash point or at least mine was.
then i grape my balls picked some of my speedsters and what little i hade of 50 > mechs

1 x Assasin 2 x Hatchetmen ( 1 with x 3 gyro and 1 with none ) , 1 x Vulcan

first mission part is to attack a base and kill 2 buildings and ofc they lie about how heavily its defended.

i use a lot of jump jets and evade most of the attacks

so i first take out the 5 x heavy towers somehow down a full lance of heavy mechs kill 2 builds and run from the heavy lance that came as reinforcements.

then its turns into a consecutive mission i hade to ripcord the Vulcan to save mech and pilot last mission and the hatchetman with no gyro toke structure dmg in the shoulder and the assasin is missing half its body
1 of the speedster pilots is in the medbay.

next mission is hunt down the cars ( kill the convoy)

what i have left to run it with is 2 x hatchetmen and 1 x Firestarter.

well the jumpjet god is good again and i whipe out all the tanks and the heavy/assault lance trying to stop me with no losses what so ever.

jump to 3 mission part and here is where i find what i think is a problem.

next mission is kill the base by placing 3 beacons and i get the option to field what i want so i take it considering most of my light mechs are getting repaired.

1 grasshopper with a + 3 gyro and a 4 x 10 pilot with fouse on the piloting skills. my sniper marauder allso a high level pilot and then some 100 ton mechs with decent pilots.

i do my thing and rush the 100 ton up the middle and send the grasshopper right and the marauder left for the beacons.

with in 5 turns my sniper gets creamed and then later my grasshopper i pull out of the mission as i stand no chance against the 3 heavy lance i am facing with no chance of getting to the last beacon i needed to blow the base and some of them up.

i play the other 4 x 5 scull missions in that system and no or less loss all speedster mechs with gyros insanely fast.

And after dragged my way they all the missions I realize that what started out as a low gravy system (Attributis) great for jumpjets is now acting as a heavy gravy system.

pilots with + 10 in piloting jumpjet and get only 3 or 4 evades points after jumping.

now i have a shitty IPS ( internet service provider ) so i loss connection while playing the mission and the flashpoint in this system.

i have noticed that the unity error correction program is running none stop and offend pull some CPU power while i play and that it connects to servers so i guess it might need that connection to work.

is there a problem with the unity error correction if i loss internet connection.

and can it explain the randomness of the game experience over my game sessions ?

is there a unity codex or something i can download to make the game have a bit more consistency ?

Last edited:
i think my pilots head is getting bigger
well if this is bad RNG im going to start a chain letter to send it some some one ells
you know the ones that go "send this to 10 others or the bad RNG will get you" kind of chain smg`s ..
=P
and no while they dit have MG`s i never let them that close it was all rockets SRM`S

Attachments

• 20211202121149_1.jpg
    20211202121149_1.jpg
    609,2 KB · Views: 0
next mission is kill the base by placing 3 beacons and i get the option to field what i want so i take it considering most of my light mechs are getting repaired.

1 grasshopper with a + 3 gyro and a 4 x 10 pilot with fouse on the piloting skills. my sniper marauder allso a high level pilot and then some 100 ton mechs with decent pilots.
I think this was a tactical mistake on your part; these beacon placement missions aren't meant to be slugged out; there's simply too many enemy reinforcements (I'd like to say never-ending, but I seem to recall there's a limit somewhere).

You would probably have had a better chance at success had you gone in with your highest-mobility 'Mechs instead of your lumbering heavies and assaults.