• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ShneekeyTheLost

Corporal
18 Badges
Nov 4, 2017
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
So, I got AoW III during the publicity thing when AoW: Planetfall was being released, and was always curious about it so I picked it up.

I'm running into an interesting issue, though. I never purchased any games from Triumph previously, so I never had a Triumph account, but I'm quite the fan of Paradox games, and own several in my library and have an account here.

To my understanding, Triumph Games has been acquired by Paradox (or at least the Age of Empires franchise intellectual property), and most of the forum posts indicate that people who register for Triumph just get sent an email to convert to a Paradox account, which is unnecessary as I already have one. All of their links on their website also redirect here.

Is it really necessary to create an account for a game company who no longer exists (and whose forums were apparently shut down months ago) instead of just logging in with a Paradox account like all my other Paradox games? It seems like a redundant step which contains potential security vulnerabilities since one presumes Triumph's end isn't really being maintained anymore.

I'm confused the same way. Yet logging into AOW3 with a Paradox account doesn't seem to work, like I described in my thread . I wish this got cleared up somehow, or the game got patched to simplify things. I was thinking of picking up DLCs, but this lack of support isn't reasurring.

The Triumph and Paradox user accounts have not yet been merged, I'm afraid. So for older games like AoW3 you do in fact need a separate Triumph account if you want to log into the game. What the plans are to move past that I do not know, I'm sorry.

Myself, I just played as guest which worked fine!

Why are there so many reports on the net from people getting messages to merge/migrate their Triumph accounts to Paradox accounts, if this doesn't happen?

I using a Guest account so far too, I'm playing only against AI anyway with very slim chances of playing multiplayer with anybody (my friends don't like turn based strategy games).

Why are there so many reports on the net from people getting messages to merge/migrate their Triumph accounts to Paradox accounts, if this doesn't happen?
The forums migrated from Triumph to Paradox that's what those are talking about. Multiplayer for AoW3 is still handled by Triumph and not Paradox. The account requirement is there to ensure cross-play capabilities between Steam and GoG.