Is it me, or are tanks worse now?...please discuss.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmm while I appreciate your tests and look forward to trying my own based on your feedback, for offensive breakthroughs Id definitely be favoring and expecting a much higher percentage of motorized artillery. The ones you used are basically pure infantry level of damage, which I typically wouldnt try to use for offense, so Im not entirely sure if this is the best comparison test
This! Motorized infantry lacks in SA. I’ve been using moto +moto art and haven’t looked back at least in single player.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, and reliable increase Org regain too. It is hard to measure these though it is interesting to know what the points dev use to balance.

The cost of a comparable 1941 DLC medium tank is about 18 vs 13 of non DLC. But now you can have very cheap MT that still give armor at medium level.
Here what kind of medium tank you can get from 13 IC, the armor is 62 vs 80 on non DLC patch. But German AI infantry in my current game only have piercing 14 (support AA1). And they said the armor bonus will start to work at 75% piercing level.

View attachment 787150
Any particular reason you are comparing nsb designs to unupgraded, mid-tier, medium tanks? Why not 5gun HT3?

I talk to some who says tank is too costly now. It is not and there are TD with soft attack like tank at half cost. By the way, for non DLC the doctrine still need xp? So it is hard to get HT+5.
Youre trying to compare current version with or without nsb? That still strikes me as strange, tanks being "too costly now" is in comparison to before. When xp and tech rushing and such made, for MP barb, 5gun ht3 pretty common.

TD I can see as being useful, attacks per width per IC isnt terrible but if we wanted to stress the cost efficiency, the towed/motorized artilleries arent that far behind. All that 'tanks' specifically offer over TD/etc is... stacking breakthrough? Is that it? Is that the benefit? If so, how much of a benefit is it and how much do we want to pay for it?

All that 'tanks' specifically offer over TD/etc is... stacking breakthrough? Is that it? Is that the benefit? If so, how much of a benefit is it and how much do we want to pay for it?

Yes, as the current game is not balance between tank and TD. They are also need for armor, and TD is not available early. So tank can be useful in some case, like small template with room for only 1 tank, or early super cheap light tank.

And we can mix tank and TD as the same time, TD for cheap armor and soft attack and tank specialize for breakthrough.