• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think there's some capacity to improve this on our end, actually. Can't really blame people for not knowing which events are which!
This is the main reason I can't really recommend it, even for 5 doll hairs. I can't tell when an event I'm looking at is from it or not. For all I know there are hundreds of events I haven't come across from it yet. In fact I posted in the Quick Questions/Quick Answers thread a while back asking how to look at the game files so I could see them all at once. I still don't know how to do this, so any advice on this is appreciated...

This is the main reason I can't really recommend it, even for 5 doll hairs. I can't tell when an event I'm looking at is from it or not. For all I know there are hundreds of events I haven't come across from it yet.

Well, stay tuned!

In fact I posted in the Quick Questions/Quick Answers thread a while back asking how to look at the game files so I could see them all at once. I still don't know how to do this, so any advice on this is appreciated...

That kinda depends on what you mean by 'seeing them all at once'. If you have an editor like Sublime you can open up the game file and then you can pore through them. Anything marked with 'bp2' will be part of Friends & Foes.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Honestly, I'd recommend it, more for the AI's utilization of it than anything else. Nothing like when your vassal's fight, and trigger a house war within your lands that keeps your two most powerful vassals busy murdering each other's house and out the factions. Also nothing like being the sole survivor of a house feud.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Honestly, I'd recommend it, more for the AI's utilization of it than anything else. Nothing like when your vassal's fight, and trigger a house war within your lands that keeps your two most powerful vassals busy murdering each other's house and out the factions. Also nothing like being the sole survivor of a house feud.
Really?
It is the worst mechanic, they have ever released for all of their Games, it is never funny to have buggy Events about House Feuds, the AI, even kills their own childs and this without the sadistic trait, if they have a House Feud against their own House or a married to a Character of the opposite House.

The Devs should add a Game Rule for this.

Reactions:
Really?
It is the worst mechanic, they have ever released for all of their Games, it is never funny to have buggy Events about House Feuds, the AI, even kills their own childs and this without the sadistic trait, if they have a House Feud against their own House or a married to a Character of the opposite House.

The Devs should add a Game Rule for this.
To each their own.
For me, that was the satanic cultists in ck2. Having five straight generations kidnapped and sacrificed to Satan was ridiculously stupid.
Honestly, I just survived a house war with House Abbasid. With a single living member surviving.
I enjoyed the time that two houses in my dynasty started a house feud. Two of my vassals started a war, the Kings of Frisia and Denmark, they both called in their allies, which resulted in the nephew of the king of Ireland slaying the heir to Scotland in battle. The Scottish king killed the Irishman, who also happened to my Irish vassal's best friend, and secret son. The two vassals proceeded to massacre each others Houses, and that kept both out of the civil war that erupted after I died, and ended up with a 8 year old girl for an Empress.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Whenever a feature is as contentious as this—that is, clearly not universally disliked—you can bet it’s sticking around.

Personally I find that if a feature causes the AI to act in new ways, that’s a net gain. This feature is based on historical events and so I don’t see the logic in disliking it, unless you like to snowball uninterrupted, in which case go ahead and turn off the DLC if you must

• 1Like
Reactions:
I like it too.
Even before Friends and foe i was doing my own little house feuds : One day, the king of england executed my adulterous daughter. I immediately took the vow to avenge her death and burn his country to the ground. (I was in Italy) I sent dozens of assassins and fought every war i could.
Going into debt ? Worth it. Make all my vassals hate me for so many meaningless wars ? Who care ? I am the king ! And anyone who disagree with me is a dead man.
And it was really interesting to play a mad king with a purpose.

The house feud from Friends and Foe give you opportunity to have some fun rivalry with other houses. It's better if the AI try to fight back.
It's our choice to get into it or not.

All the event are well made in my opinion and I will buy future events pack.

• 1Like
Reactions:
To each their own.
For me, that was the satanic cultists in ck2. Having five straight generations kidnapped and sacrificed to Satan was ridiculously stupid.
Honestly, I just survived a house war with House Abbasid. With a single living member surviving.
I enjoyed the time that two houses in my dynasty started a house feud. Two of my vassals started a war, the Kings of Frisia and Denmark, they both called in their allies, which resulted in the nephew of the king of Ireland slaying the heir to Scotland in battle. The Scottish king killed the Irishman, who also happened to my Irish vassal's best friend, and secret son. The two vassals proceeded to massacre each others Houses, and that kept both out of the civil war that erupted after I died, and ended up with a 8 year old girl for an Empress.
Yes, but they should add a Game Rule for this, like they did with Devils Cult in CK2(or the upcoming Harm Events in CK3), not everyone likes it and the Devs should respect it.

Reactions:
Yes, but they should add a Game Rule for this, like they did with Devils Cult in CK2(or the upcoming Harm Events in CK3), not everyone likes it and the Devs should respect it.
Keep in mind that every new game rule means additional complications for the rest of the game’s development, as the devs have to factor in at least two different, uh, gamestates (sorry if that’s the wrong term; I know what I’m trying to convey but lost the words to say it!) for that one new rule, plus all the previous rules.

The devs have explained this (plus the opportunity cost), but I don’t have it bookmarked. Will edit it in if I stumble across it, but the post I vaguely recall is from a rather long time ago.

edit: really having trouble with autocorrect these days, oy!

Reactions:
Keep in mind that every new game rule means additional complications for the rest of the game’s development, as the devs have to factor in at least two different, uh, gamestates (sorry if that’s the wrong term; I know what I’m trying to convey but lost the words to say it!) for that one new rule, plus all the previous rules.

The devs have explained this (plus the opportunity cost), but I don’t have it bookmarked. Will edit it in if I stumble across it, but the post I vaguely recall is from a rather long time ago.

edit: really having trouble with autocorrect these days, oy!
But in CK2, they even had a Game Rule for absurd Events, but in CK3 they still trigger, because this Game Rule is missing.

And by the way CK2 has had a lot more Game Rules, than CK3, CK2 has even had a Game Rule, who completly forbids matrilineal Marriage for AI and PLAYER, in CK3 this is only for the AI.

Reactions: