• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
one additional official statement : it will be only compatible with the SWMH map.

SNEAKPEAK : How would an inland republic actually look like ?

Here are some pictures of course !

Tradeposts can only use one unique sprite. As inland ports would be odd inland, something more consensual is needed.
[URL=http://s789.photobucket.com/user/ArKoG/media/metz2_zpsa0ac0ab8.png.html][/URL]

Proof of a worky system with the Republic of Metz in Lorraine. Of course here I gave access to the "real" sea but we can cheat more and have actually republics spreading only inland.

[URL=http://s789.photobucket.com/user/ArKoG/media/metz3_zpsb42aca33.png.html][/URL]

Do note that are some quite old testings i did pretty lmuch at The Republic DLC release but it still works, even better ;)

Would inland trade posts get the same bonuses for as coastal tradeposts get for controlling an area of the ocean? And if so, would they be limited to sharing those bonuses with land based posts or coastal ones, or would they be allowed to share both?

-yes, tradezones work the same as far as i can tell since the cheat consists in adding adding one pixel sea province inland.
-i would tend to split the republics into land only and sea only so they will respectively only develop inland or on coasts.

Could you perhaps consider making a guide of how to create these inland republics? do we need a pixel of sea in each land province? Do those need to be new sea provinces or part of the existing ones? do we meed to add new adjacencies?

How will inland tradezones be delimited? I assume there will no easy form to visualize inland trade ones on-map. Maybe you will identify a inland zone with a de-jure duchy? And if that will be the case, what happens with coastal provinces? Can they be part of two trade zones?

My I also ask about the rationale of splitting the republics in maritime vs. inland? I think that It would be more organic if say venice could also expand its mercantile empire in inland Italy.

(By the way, an off-topic question, do you know if there is a comand to spawn a trade post by event like there is one to build new regular holdings?)

Many thanks to you for this upcoming mod!

This has got me overexcited LoL. Do you think that a first version of the mod will be avaiable with the next HIP update?

Could you perhaps consider making a guide of how to create these inland republics? do we need a pixel of sea in each land province? Do those need to be new sea provinces or part of the existing ones? do we meed to add new adjacencies?

How will inland tradezones be delimited? I assume there will no easy form to visualize inland trade ones on-map. Maybe you will identify a inland zone with a de-jure duchy? And if that will be the case, what happens with coastal provinces? Can they be part of two trade zones?

My I also ask about the rationale of splitting the republics in maritime vs. inland? I think that It would be more organic if say venice could also expand its mercantile empire in inland Italy.

(By the way, an off-topic question, do you know if there is a comand to spawn a trade post by event like there is one to build new regular holdings?)

Many thanks to you for this upcoming mod!

This has got me overexcited LoL. Do you think that a first version of the mod will be avaiable with the next HIP update?

-yes one pixel for a group of provinces, linked with adjacencies. You can also link to existing seas, link in the picture above (do note that the distance factor in tradepost cost still applies here).

-the trade zone will follow the ocean region mechanic : that same one that separates Mediterranea from Red sea to avoid italian republics to spread tradepost in India. You can split the whole thing as you wish a whole inland zone covering all lands or having a realm size or whatever "ocean region" to limit your republics.
I don't know about being into two zones.

-if i execute my plans i'd need to adapt the sea flavour events to split between naval republic and inland ones, that can be a criteria (or not ? :p). I admitidly didn't think a lot about this issue yet. But definetly some inland regions can be attached to the near seazone instead of inland ones, just a design choice i guess, unless some technical issue emerges ;)

-i guess it is possible. you could also probably spawn a palace type holding in a province (even if it causes weird issues later -being claimed and conquered- )

-i do plan to release a new beta version on French Strategium forum before the end of the month -or in the upcoming days- for testing purpose mainly. A lot of texts are still not in English of placeholdered to decently get posted here. But if someone motivated wants to dedicate some time in localisation into english or testing it in French i could only approve ;)
However, one of the next big HIP update would be SWMH's one (that this mod would be linked to), so it let me a bit of time to progress further on this.

edit : addition note : a turnaround is still required to avoid ships being spawned into the inland republics because the sea pixel actually grant the coastal status (port=yes in building files) to the province.

Last edited:
I'll be checking that testing version. It's been a long time since I practised my french but well time to train my linguistics!

About the turnarodund needed: do you refer to mercenary ships? Levy ships can be avoided by forbidding the landlocked provinces to build shipyards (I think both a province id and a title can be used in prerrequisites or potential clauses for buildings, if memory serves. Mercenary fleets in the other hand... That would certainly be tricky.

(A side note: How modifiable is the cost-distance ratio? How is it calculated? Instead of Paradox decision of limiting trade posts to one ocean it would have been quite wiser to restrict it by diplomatic range and let the cost increase do the rest. That way a republic based in Crete (to use a VIET example) could easily build TPs in both the mediterranean an red seas. But I suppose that at this rate, this is only wishful thinking, isn't it?

Edit:

"But definetly some inland regions can be attached to the near seazone instead of inland ones, just a design choice i guess, unless some technical issue emerges"

Well there is one quite important technicall issue that comes to mind, if I understood you vell: if you links say a mediterranean seazone with an inland italian seazone, what stops galleys in the mediterranean to go into the landlocked zone and embarking/ disembarkin troops in lnadlocked provinces?

If you want, I could take a look at those french localisations and try to translate them to English, so other anglophone potential testers can acces the "beta version.

Last edited:
I'll be checking that testing version. It's been a long time since I practised my french but well time to train my linguistics!

About the turnarodund needed: do you refer to mercenary ships? Levy ships can be avoided by forbidding the landlocked provinces to build shipyards (I think both a province id and a title can be used in prerrequisites or potential clauses for buildings, if memory serves. Mercenary fleets in the other hand... That would certainly be tricky.

(A side note: How modifiable is the cost-distance ratio? How is it calculated? Instead of Paradox decision of limiting trade posts to one ocean it would have been quite wiser to restrict it by diplomatic range and let the cost increase do the rest. That way a republic based in Crete (to use a VIET example) could easily build TPs in both the mediterranean an red seas. But I suppose that at this rate, this is only wishful thinking, isn't it?

Edit:

"But definetly some inland regions can be attached to the near seazone instead of inland ones, just a design choice i guess, unless some technical issue emerges"

Well there is one quite important technicall issue that comes to mind, if I understood you vell: if you links say a mediterranean seazone with an inland italian seazone, what stops galleys in the mediterranean to go into the landlocked zone and embarking/ disembarkin troops in lnadlocked provinces?

If you want, I could take a look at those french localisations and try to translate them to English, so other anglophone potential testers can acces the "beta version.

I didn't actually though about those mercenary ships :( that could be another problem i guess. My way to forbid boats is a province modifier, applied from the province ID to diffrenciate real coastal province from the cheated ones :p

The distance cost is set in defines, like the others crietrias (opinion of the local holder and such)

You are right, we need to avoid ginving access to inland ocean to the sea republics.

Ok, i'll let you know when the newest beta is available ;)

Last edited:
Merci! Il y a un forum français aussi? :D

yes but i can't give an external link here. "les trois tours ck2" would give you a decent google answer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.