• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
yeah, it seems like the only thing that saves the IES from slow processing speed hell is that after about 5 years the number of countries has been cut in half. :D

in the last hands-off game i ran, by the 1800s there were less than 35 countries left, and only five real "majors" -- Mainz, Estramadura, Sochi, Kurland, and Tirol. :eek:

EEK!! 1518 comes and protestants pop up everywhere! What happened to Alun's reformation??

EDIT: I think I see the problem: I started the game before the mod was added, so the provinces haven't been changed from their default protestant. I believe this can be fixed by adding "religion = catholic" to the province description in the save of each default prot/reformed province (a good list is in Scenarios\Reformation.txt in the "Independent" folder).

Last edited:
I did a bit more investigation and it appears that the reformation events are not included in the scenarios:

Code:
include = "Independent\Scenarios\Nations Base.inc"
include = "Independent\Scenarios\Nations 1419.inc"
include = "Independent\Scenarios\Independentevents.inc"
include = "Independent\Scenarios\Options.inc"

Where's Reformation.inc?

To Mr. Kaigon

Mr. Kaigon, I've noticed one problem in your mod.
-when you play as rebels, game crashes within seconds if not minutes.

Not really much I can do about that... but you could try to play a few years as another country and then switch to rebels when the game is more stable... IIRC, the rebels are quite instable to play, even in vanilla EU2...

Anyway, what's the half-time of nations in this scenario? :D

Re: not there

Originally posted by Flashpower
Your scenario seems intresting but when I go to your website to download I get an error stating it is not there.
The server should work most of the time, but when it doesn't you could just download most of the files from the forum (link in sig, and here)

some ideas to spice it up even more :)

-have some events granting cores and/or cultures when sufficient territory is under control (for example, cores on all "french" cultured provinces if you have them all)
ofcourse, at a price :)
-"reward" the first country to reach a certain size

Originally posted by Brother Onion
new maps up here.

they're a bit large (in screen real estate, not in bytes though) so i won't post them in the thread.
*Hajji Giray's jaw drops*

Amazing work! I'm going to print the first map out for easy reference when playing.

P.S. Perhaps an idea for a new scenario would be a "cultures" type thing where all the cultures are their own country, and they all have CBs on either the neighboring cultures (ie, franco-provencal would have a CB on French, Occitan, Upper German, and Umbrian; Czech would have CBs on all three Germans, Magyar, and Polish), or cultures of the same grouping (ie, franco-provencal would have a CB on Occitan and French; Czech would have CBs on Lower, Middle, and Upper German). What do you think of that idea?

Re: Re: not there

Originally posted by Brother Onion
new maps up here.

they're a bit large (in screen real estate, not in bytes though) so i won't post them in the thread.

Its so great, I might use it for my school project.

Every time I use this scenario, no matter what nation, it crashes on July 1, 1419. Any idea why?