• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I could still play as someone else but I think this is OK. Does anyone have a good name for this or if Seigneur_Vauban wants to name it, you can name it whatever you want. By later tonight it'll have its own thread and I'll post the link.

The name Shall be, "Can we Overcome our Shadows" referring to the "Shadows of Destruction" that reign over me. It shall be up within an hour.

Tom O'Carroll said:
IT IS THE SCHOOLROOM AT REIMS WHER THE ALLIES ACCEPTED THE SURRENDER OF GERMANY. :D

No. It is a community center in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. The color was desaturated in Photoshop though. Neat trick I pulled, eh?

i knew that photo didnt look right...metal folding chairs havent been invented yet! or had they...hmm...

AAArrrrrggggh

:mad: :confused: :( :eek:

That about says it for my state of mind. I have been playing a game as Germany, shamelessly mimicing your every move. When I came to 7/22/37, I started to build my new carriers....cool :D ! But when I tried to order 2 runs of 4 CAG4's, I can not find them anywhere in the production system. More than a bit puzzling, as I have kept up with your research targets. I dont see them listed under Naval or Air. Where are they? Or what is the research prerequisite? Help please.

Another Adolf wannabe

Tom O'Carroll said:
:mad: :confused: :( :eek:

That about says it for my state of mind. I have been playing a game as Germany, shamelessly mimicing your every move. When I came to 7/22/37, I started to build my new carriers....cool :D ! But when I tried to order 2 runs of 4 CAG4's, I can not find them anywhere in the production system. More than a bit puzzling, as I have kept up with your research targets. I dont see them listed under Naval or Air. Where are they? Or what is the research prerequisite? Help please.

Another Adolf wannabe

Carrier Air Groups are brigade attachments

Seigneur_Vauban: I will stop here then. It is a great starting point for GeneralHannible...

awesome AAR! ! :cool:

see you in 'Japan'! ! :D

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy.

:) Many thanks.

I am having a blast, reading & re-reading your teriffic AAR, and trying to duplicate you conquests. While I have played more than a few games of HOI (1&2), I've never equipped Germany with a blue water Navy :rolleyes: . It is a very innovative approach. The Germans and Japaneese may wind up meeting in North America instead of India.

I really did not think the reaserch and production were available to do something like this....as you pointed out, one of the bottlenecks is the amount of garrison troops required. Possibly modified political policy can turn some of the conquered countries into sattelites?

Aaaaarrrrggggghh (again)

Seigneur_Vauban said:
No. It is a community center in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. The color was desaturated in Photoshop though. Neat trick I pulled, eh?

That was a dirty trick.....worthy of a bloodthirsty hun) :D Unless I got my history wrong, when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor (see Animal House for the reference), the left New Orleans out of it. Although, I must admit, N.O. LOOKED like it had been nuked after Katrina. :rofl:

Hello.

I can't say how much I loved this AAR. But it raises one question: does HoI2 favor historical research paths over a-historical ones? For instance, the way you crushed the Royal Navy by developping carriers seemed a little unrealistic. IMO, having been one of the very first nations to develop carrier doctrines should help Britain keeping ahead in this department. Conversely, it should be much harder for a country to master a previously ignored tech field.
What do you think?

Well, I think the doctrine techs do a good job of reflecting national focus. I think that the Naval AI is truly the culprit. If the British had amassed their fleet into a huge stack, they could have easily driven me from the sea. However, the AI does a horrible job of concentrating its forces. You can say the same of the AI on land, but it is less problematic.

When you are playing Japan, if you group 4-6 carriers into a single battle group, you can crush everything the USA throws out there simply because they dont concentrate their forces. Especially if you tech-up to have a CAG-tech-lead. Lv6 CAGs vs lv4 CAGs = death.