In Europe, i get "This area is too remote and inhospitable..." issue

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Schrödingerscat

Recruit
9 Badges
May 3, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Age of Wonders III
Hello,
I have this issue in Europe lands:
"This area is too remote and inhospitable to be permanently settled"

I wanna restore roman empire again.But i need all balkan lands.I conquered all of them except belgrade(north of adriatic sea-under hungary-)
It can cause from year but i saw more later games.I have same problem in Fejer and more upper 3 states (east bohemia-yellow one-)
I looked older saves but i don't have older than 2040.At this time there seem "terra incognito" or something like that.I don't want lose this game.
Thanks for reading and helps.
Untitled.png

You started the game with 1.20.1... in the v1.21 patch, they added provinces, but your save has no data for it, so it's deemed inhospitable.

I had the same issue. Starting as Aragon, had two beaufiful PU with Castille and France, and then bam! Patch 1.21 has come. If ironman, you can do nothing.
I solve it with command.You can use "own" command(you can look how to use it too in internet).But if you do it the province doesn't religion and culture.And you cannot take any money from tax or producion.But it solve my problem,i just need to get all balkans :)

If you're playing in the 2300s, it's probably not ironman, right? You can use console command "colonize (province number)" to instantly put a full colony. Unless that doesn't work in "inhospitable" terrain, but I expect it should work because it's not wasteland, just doesn't have any development value, which is what makes it uncolonizable.

Edit: beat me to it!

i guess the question is, if it's 2300, why is there still a poland in your world?

what a terrible life these people must be stuck in, where social and technological progression essentially stopped ~1810 and so the last 500 years has been a stagnate world on the cusp of industrialization but just never able to seal the deal.