Imperator: Rome - Heirs of Alexander and 2.0 Marius Announcement

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's heartwarming to see how far this game has come since launch. I can hardy wait for this update to release!

Yes, its already hard to recognize. If someone new to the franchise you showed him 1.0 and 2.0 he'd think its Imperator Rome I and II. And its about to become even more obvious in the next couple of updates.

Reactions:
Well officially its not how it works. In reality it is because they still have to be paid somehow for the free content. And as I said, I'll gladly pay for the massive 2.0 work and effort. I was just saying that if this DLC hadnt come with a major rework, there would be no way I'd be paying 10 euros for it just as I dont pay 10 euros for similar DLCs for EU4 that dont come with any major patch reworks. So all Im saying is that if this DLC had come with a patch with just some balance changes and very minor additions, I wouldn't buy the DLC for that price. It's also shared by more people that they want content in the form of unique culture/country/religion features, not just Missions, which is something people can mod.
That's true. Though isn't that normally the case that each dlc comes with some free content?

I'm not so familiar with those policies and I don't play that many games, but as far as I can tell there's always some free update accompanying the dlc.

Looks great, and I am eagerly awaiting this. :D

10 euros for 5 mission trees and great wonders builder is quite expensive. I'm VERY reluctant to pay it, and I'll only be paying it to support them for their amazing work with 2.0. But I wouldn't pay 10 euros if it hadn't come with a massive rework, sorry. Just saying for future reference.
well it's fair, buuut 10 dollars are not 10 euros thats like 8,30 euros!

Happy to have a release date, just hoping it is not too early in terms of size of the bugload we are about to incur ;)

I'm ok with the DLC pricing here (and generally willing to support IR, even if I care more for the free content), but given it's theme and kind/amount of content (wonders, missions, events) it casts another shadow on...the Deluxe Edition of IR, which is fairly expense for what its offers. 1.5 gave the pre-ordering players the reworked Epirus DLC for free (which was a very nice move), but given the silence on this - for my taste comparable - case... I expect that Deluxe-Version-Owners will have to purchase HoA regularly, correct?

Reactions:
don't want to be THAT guy buuut... 9.99$ are 8.30€

This is easily explained by the higher lifestandart in the European Union. (; Mexicans and Russian often also pay less than the EU. The real problem are diffrent lifestandarts but same prizes within the EU. That a Romanian has to pay the same for many games as a german is just unfair.

• 7Like
Reactions:
This is easily explained by the higher lifestandart in the European Union. (; Mexicans and Russian often also pay less than the EU. The real problem are diffrent lifestandarts but same prizes within the EU. That a Romanian has to pay the same for many games as a german is just unfair.
That's what happens when you create a currency union.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Poland is in the EU, but I do not pay the same as people from Germany

if everyone in the EU paid the same, I would have to pay 180.40 PLN (39.99 EUR) for Imperator Rome but it is not so I am currently paying 142.99 PLN (31.71 EUR)

That's why i wrote for many games.

I might be wrong but for example digital PS4 games cost the same within the EU, right?

Very exciting and well done to the whole team! I would like to say however, perhaps next time we can have a patch and DLC that does not focus on the Hellenistic world? ;)

Reactions:
sadly Im going to be real the game went free people arent playing it as many as there should be and now with the DLC's .... i dont know its gonna be rough just saying

• 1Haha
Reactions: