• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KingPenguin

Sergeant
77 Badges
Feb 9, 2007
www.nathanieledwards.com
  • Sword of the Stars
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Lead and Gold
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
I've collected 14 pieces of Public Domain or Creative Commons-licensed recordings of songs and pieces that were actually written around the period in which the game takes place. In this alternative CKII soundtrack, you'll get some Gregorian Chants, some echo-y recorder solos, and plenty of lutes for a nearly authentic medieval music experience.

How to:

If you just want to add this to the original Waldetoft score, simply drop these files into your CKII music folder.
If you want this to replace the Waldetoft music, drop these files into your music folder, then take songs.txt (the file that came with the original soundtrack) and back it up, putting it in another folder somewhere. The game should now only read from my file, newsongs.txt. Do not replace your music folder altogether, because the game will crash on startup if it cannot find crusaderkings2_maintitle.ogg, which has to play during the first load screens.

Thanks to the various contributors at the Petrucci Music Library for these great recordings.

Giving it a shot. Sadly I got file corruption errors. Then the second time DL I got a single song error. I would consider a repack and UL of the file.

Excellent music collection.
@spartan No problem with the file or the tracks, it should be a problem on your end (downloaded and listened to all the songs till end just to be 100% sure, no problems)
Would love to see this expanded with more music :)

Hmmm.. That is odd but there may be some DNS filtering going on server side. Anyway, my third download worked just fine.

Thank you. I enjoy this flute songs allot. I was getting bored of the original music.

Is there any way to add these songs so they only play when at peace? Because I like it when there are some darker music while you are at war.

Edit: Figured it out. You just have to edit the newsongs.txt

Code:
	chance = {
		modifier = {
			factor = 1
			war = no
		}	
		modifier = {
			factor = 0
			war = yes
		}		
	}
}

I can upload my version if anyone is interested?

Last edited:
Please upload it Sn3ipen

Guess I'll deliver for Sn3ipen. :laugh:

This version is for adding the IMM songs to the OST, with Sn3ipen's wartime/peacetime modifiers added only for the new tracks. (Search for "#" if you want to see where the new lines start.)

Haven't yet tested it myself, but I think everything should be in order (i.e., bracketing, etc.). If it isn't, let me know, and I'll re-up it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7806033/songs.txt

I really forgot I promised that. I just wanted to test if it worked so I fired up CK and ended up in a really exciting game with The duke of Leon. :p Sorry bout that, but @principle have fixed it, now. :)

Most excellent! Thank you! It's given the game a whole new flavor. I enjoy Waldetoft's score, but this certainly feels more medieval.

Far and away, my favorite track from this new list is "Gradualia II"- "Puer Natus Est Nobis". I could listen to it nonstop for hours.

Last edited:
Thanks! Quick question: Is this mod (and Sn3ipen's text file) compatible with the music DLC? I'm worried that overwriting the default songs.txt with Sn3ipen's might eliminate the DLC music.