I'm confused with Duchies and the limitations

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As others have stated the "Current Situation" section is things that you can do, not necessarily things you should do.

Now that we have more pictures, we can see that you have two duchies (Lothian and Ci?cinn). It also appears that you have 4 Duke vassals (the Isles, Moray, Galloway and the Northern Isles)

Since you already have two duchies you will get penalties if you created those duchies and held them. What else could you get from the duchies.

Currently you would be getting reduced tax/levies from the Isle of mann (county) since it wants to be a vassal of a duke (specifically the Duke of Mann). So you could create the Duchy of Mann and hold it and get a little more tax/levy. You could also give the title to the count of Mann and since you are the de jure king over the duchy title you would get the full tax/levy also.

You could make Northumbria and collect a little more tax same as above if you hold the title. Since Northumbria is not currently a de jure duchy under Alba you would not get that benefit (full tax/levy) if you gave the title to one of the two counts (though looking back at the picture I cannot tell if you hold those two or the count just north of it has multiple counties.

There is a secondary benefit of creating the duchy of Northumbria is that you would get a claim de jure county CB on the county you do not control. As a tribe I do not know if that is worth it since you have conquest county CB, right?

As others have stated the "Current Situation" section is things that you can do, not necessarily things you should do.

Now that we have more pictures, we can see that you have two duchies (Lothian and Ci?cinn). It also appears that you have 4 Duke vassals (the Isles, Moray, Galloway and the Northern Isles)

Since you already have two duchies you will get penalties if you created those duchies and held them. What else could you get from the duchies.

Currently you would be getting reduced tax/levies from the Isle of mann (county) since it wants to be a vassal of a duke (specifically the Duke of Mann). So you could create the Duchy of Mann and hold it and get a little more tax/levy. You could also give the title to the count of Mann and since you are the de jure king over the duchy title you would get the full tax/levy also.

You could make Northumbria and collect a little more tax same as above if you hold the title. Since Northumbria is not currently a de jure duchy under Alba you would not get that benefit (full tax/levy) if you gave the title to one of the two counts (though looking back at the picture I cannot tell if you hold those two or the count just north of it has multiple counties.

There is a secondary benefit of creating the duchy of Northumbria is that you would get a claim de jure county CB on the county you do not control. As a tribe I do not know if that is worth it since you have conquest county CB, right?
Duchy of Mann is best to give away due to it being a single county duchy, but Northumberia would be very strong for a player to hold, especially before the march feudal contract can be made

Reactions: