• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
phargle said:
Tricksy. Scaevola?

Interesting choice, any particular reason? :)

English Patriot said:
Interesting choice, any particular reason? :)

I like it (and use it in a Burning Wheel Rome RPG). Also, my own name basically means "son of my right hand", which is a fancy way of saying "first born", so the son of one's left hand would be second born. And I vaguely recall Tiberius striking me as more tricksy than his brother, and the sinister name would therefore be appropriate.

That was a very nice update. I think our hero has made a mistake when allowed himself to be tricked by Julia. I fear the consequences when she makes this public, I am pretty sure she did it with an intention to create trouble. But then again it seem like there are powerful men in Rome that wants to remove our hero from the city as well, so I guess a lustful, but dangerous woman is the smallest of his concerns…

What is a great tale without lustful but dangerous women? They fill the seats! :D

As for a cognomen... Lucius should get Bibulus. Just because I think it'd be great for someone with that cognomen to eventually be Dictator... (guess where I want Lucius to end up? :) )

And now for a word from our sponsors:

september2008.jpg

Come read the AARlander :D

Hi there, EP! Just seconding the encouragement from AlexanderPrimus. We look forward to your return.

Thirded! This AAR is a real gem... we're all waiting for you to be able to come back and finish Silvagensus' tale!

Well, it's been three months since I last posted in I, Silvagenus, which in itself is a crime since I've left you all semi-hanging with little reason. So, first off -

I whole heartedly apologise, I seem to make a habit of disappearing. And I had hoped I wouldn't do this with Silvy, but well, you can see for yourselves.

I, Silvagenus was a real step forward for me in AAR terms, a new game, completely narrative (bar my CK Directors cut), I was pushing my boundaries and I had a lot of fun doing it, for a good while, Silvy was a great favourite of mine and I figured it could go on forever.

Well..

EU:Rome, as I'm sure many of you had noticed wasn't quite what we hoped. I praised much of it in my AARLander review, but expressed reservations about the limited character section of the game. And that's when I ran into trouble, as much as I tried to pump soul and being into I, Silvagenus, the game just didn't push back so to speak. But that in itself is a small part of the story. I found it so hard to update, the words just never came, and the more time went by, the more I, Silvagenus became that girlfriend that you really screwed up with so you avoid like the plague to get away from any awkwardness.

And after around a month of dodging the AAR, I went to university. Suddenly any free time went right out the window, all the classic hallmarks of university life popped up, hard drinking, cramming essays, and the best of all, the old boy meets girl story, which is a bit of a story, but I'll keep it to myself.

It's only been lately, that I've managed to drag myself out of obscurity and begin to return to AARland. Unfortunately, at this moment in time, I can't update I, Silvagenus, I just lack feeling for it at this time, so it is officially on hiatus, something I should have done a long time ago. I don't know how long it will be gone for, may be VV will bring it up, I have high hopes of Vae Victis, but we'll have to see, I'll not make promises I could break. So long story short, I, Silvagenus will stay un-updated for the meantime, it may return, who knows, maybe Lucius Silvagenus will march against Carthage in time. Alternatively, he'll drift away remembered only as one of my most ambitious undertakings, occupying a space in my modest inkwell.

As for me, I am returning very slowly, I do want to write AARs, and I have one I'd especially like to write, but time will tell how far that idea goes.

And so, thank you dear readers for taking the time out of your day to read and comment, it has been very, very appreciated, you are what makes AARland special.

Secondly, thank you to all the members of the Tempus society for dragging me back, I'm honoured to be a part of such a friendly and hardworking group of people, and I truly hope I can take part more often.

And finally to canonized, sorry for ducking out for so long.

And so I offer both my thanks and apologies!

Ah well, everyone had high hopes for eu rome.
And now Vae Victis tried to save the sinking boat, probably not so succesfully...
The game is lacking in many terms, characters are dull and non important, politics are meaning war, war is too easy to win.
It is just conquering around the mediterrenean with a poor map and few nations really causing you problems while achieving that goal without any big problems.
Technology is not really needed, building are not very special, religion was new, but yet not that interisting to have some effect on the game playing.

At least some people tried to show the game in a brighter light, but the game just is not worth it.

I hope to see a new aar from you. :D
Maybe in CK? :rolleyes:

Alas our worst fears are confirmed. In the back of my mind I always hoped for you to return with the update of the lifetime, yet I had that feeling in the pit of my stomach that my dream would not come true, and it hasn't.

Nevertheless, when one door closes one opens. Silvagenus, has entertained us many a night and we do not regret reading ad waiting. We can know hope that unicversity life treats you well, and that whatever you may be doing there may be kind to you. And when VV comes out, and it does live up to expectation, that is when I hope to see either this come out of slumbering or a brand spanking new one to astound the world.

Vale for now , Silvagenus ! But I know that our dear Mr. Woodhouse is a fighting spirit and he will astound us once more with his creations !

I will not cease from mental fight
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land!