I might be bad, but frankly, it's hard at times to keep an eye on multiple front

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BaronNoir

Field Marshal
75 Badges
Sep 25, 2003
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
My latest game as USA, August 1941 war declaration

I have to keep track of

-A counter invasion of Borneo
-A drive up north from Singapour
-A drive down south from Bangkok

-Combats in Subsaharian Africa

-Yet another invasion of Italy by the UK
-The Balkan front

-German attack toward Sweden

Each time, if I let my ''Allies'' do their own things, they end up doing incredibly stupid stuff. For instance, after saving Sweden skin by securing the province across the Danish straits (and thus cutting of a good 25 German divisions) with a minuscule task force, I had to leave to ''plug'' a landing. You would have thought that guarding the one province the ennemy can pass through would have been a fairly easy task, but the Swedish AI redeployed and let the border open...If I don't personnaly destroy every Italian division in Africa, I can be sure one of them will manage to take Cairo...

Reactions:
(The idea of course is that with the amount of ennemy divisions, the battleplan feature might be as well nammed ''get encircled'' feature except if you have manage to have overhwelming numbers.

Reactions:
Some people dislike all the management required while others love it.

I'm in the second field. The more fronts to manage, the more satisfying the game feels.

Regarding your complaints about the AI, I agree. That part only harms the game. Patch 1.1 fixes a lot of the multi-front issues, have you tried a new game under the beta?

Some people dislike all the management required while others love it.
If i COULD manage i would already be drastically happier.
But i cannot.
I can only hope the enemy AI is dumber then the AI of my allies.

Reactions:
I believe the old "battle overview" really has to be reintroduced to HOI 4. Right now it is too difficult and tedious to keep track of the battles on multiple front.

Reactions:
yeah, they really need to add some notifications for when something changes on a front, I hate it when I get zoned in on one front too long and then find half my country occupied or the AI opens up another front and I don't even know it exists for ages.

Or zone out only to find that your not-yet ally has let your volunteers be stranded on a tiny island among masses of enemies... who, because the AI is really stupid, has not yet crushed them.
Or how civil war Svea Rike managed to loose a whole panzerdivision against a bunch of mooseherders and smorebrod-enthusiasts.

They need to put 'current battles' in the outliner.
yeah, they really need to add some notifications for when something changes on a front, I hate it when I get zoned in on one front too long and then find half my country occupied or the AI opens up another front and I don't even know it exists for ages.
I believe the old "battle overview" really has to be reintroduced to HOI 4. Right now it is too difficult and tedious to keep track of the battles on multiple front.
Perhaps it's not the solution you're hoping for but until Paradox do something about it, you can navigate to each of your fronts by double-clicking on your leader portraits at the bottom of the screen and that will take you to their theatre of operations.

Perhaps it's not the solution you're hoping for but until Paradox do something about it, you can navigate to each of your fronts by double-clicking on your leader portraits at the bottom of the screen and that will take you to their theatre of operations.
it's not the navigating itself that causes me the problems, more just knowing when a previously stagnant/unimportant front requires attention.

Have no idea why they took out the battleviewer, especially now that popup notifications are gone. What if you have a dozen battles going on different fronts? How are you supposed to keep track of them? Before anyone tells me I'm supposed to have the AI manage my battles for me, what if I want to micro them myself? Why take away that option from us?

Reactions: