• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

pcuser1584789

Banned
34 Badges
Jan 5, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
E1AE01FA0D23465E2A46C965FE564D3FB58B69D3

Can Paradox update the game so we never lose artifacts unless they are lost in battle or through some kind of event?? I have a huge dynasty and I raid and am wealthy (not in image but i am usually wealthy haha) This sword belonged to the founder of the dynasty and if I have the weaponsmith make a sword I plan to gift to an uncle, if it happens to be the same quality I will lose the sword I am holding. You notice this is my grandson and future king holding the sword because I am trying to keep it in my line without it getting deleted.

Do you guys think we shouldn't have artifacts overwritten by newer artifacts?? It usually (or only) happens during inheritance.

If we are going to lose artifacts this way at least an event popping up saying the weapon is being placed in the tomb of the original owner and maybe get a piety bonus or something. I don't want to lose these weapons especially since we can rename them! I just lost a valuable sword that belonged to Ragnar Lodrok and I was panning to gift it to a grandson :(

Damned straight ! I reckon ZERO artifacts should ever truly "disappear", at least in the first instance. Any artifact that does "disappear" should instead be automatically renamed (to avoid a quick search for it), then be transferred to some random courtier of a neighboring realm. With hard work and a lot of clicks you should thus be able to find a missing artifact, once it's out of your hands though there should be ever increasing chance of it truly disappearing for good. Combined with some form of "Reclaim Family Heirloom" CB this could add all sorts of new RP possibilities !

Damned straight ! I reckon ZERO artifacts should ever truly "disappear", at least in the first instance. Any artifact that does "disappear" should instead be automatically renamed (to avoid a quick search for it), then be transferred to some random courtier of a neighboring realm. With hard work and a lot of clicks you should thus be able to find a missing artifact, once it's out of your hands though there should be ever increasing chance of it truly disappearing for good. Combined with some form of "Reclaim Family Heirloom" CB this could add all sorts of new RP possibilities !
i agree, i like the idea of making it a cassus beli where the ruler can maybe chose to hand it over or face war... and i would hope they add it as a FREE UPDATE and not in next DLC

CK2 is already a $500-$1000 game if you buy it retail with all DLC lmao

throw us loyal fans a bone :*(

people hate me on this website, my stalker is disagreeing with every post i make on this thread and other threads), this stalker thinks artifacts should be deleted o_O

this is proof i am hated on this website (you all can agree if you hate me) :confused:

at least if you disagree, please post a reply to my thread and tell us what you think? maybe i can learn something :)

Do you guys want to have both RP reasons and achievements at the same time? Because if not, you can just change one number in defines to 0 and turn it off when playing for achievement. Not much, but, to be fair, CK is still a global strategy first, things like this should be suggested, not demanded. (other than that, I'm pro-artifacts further development too)

people hate me on this website, my stalker is disagreeing with every post i make on this thread and other threads), this stalker thinks artifacts should be deleted o_O

this is proof i am hated on this website (you all can agree if you hate me) :confused:

At least you are important enough to hate you, relax and be proud of yourself ;) I compensated you one agree, but just maybe it has something to do with what I wrote above.

Do you guys want to have both RP reasons and achievements at the same time? Because if not, you can just change one number in defines to 0 and turn it off when playing for achievement. Not much, but, to be fair, CK is still a global strategy first, things like this should be suggested, not demanded. (other than that, I'm pro-artifacts further development too)

At least you are important enough to hate you, relax and be proud of yourself ;) I compensated you one agree, but just maybe it has something to do with what I wrote above.
thx for posting. they can delete the artifact if they dont want me to arm my entire dynasty but at least show an event where it is placed in the tomb of he orginal owner,like if an event fired where it shows this sword being placed in the tomb of king sigurdr and then i lost it, i would be cool with that and maybe that event gives you prestige or piety. They could even make an event where you stick it up above the fireplace mantle in your great hall or something... anything they want really, they can get creative and make the game more immersive... strategy is fine but immersion is important for having fun and keeping the game fresh, at least maybe create a list of historical items that got deleted just so my dumbass can look at them and feel proud (yes im a loser haha)

anything they want really, they can get creative and make the game more immersive... strategy is fine but immersion is important for having fun and keeping the game fresh, at least maybe create a list of historical items that got deleted just so my dumbass can look at them and feel proud

Yes, I thought about it too. I think main source of people being discontent is that event is too cold psychologically and does not explain anything. Like with "poor health". We know it's for balance, still something is wrong.

("want something done - do it yourself" reflection follows)
I guess simple narrative event chains are simple to write as mod. A list of historical items is more complex thing, don't know if it can be modded. For this something like "lost" state of artifact should be introduced, so it could be found again through search for artifact. And then do a list in form of both ledger and "kill list" analogue. Then we probably need to write another "search for artifact" so it could find lost items from the pool... Not easy. Another way I can think of to do it as simple mod is to create a copy of every artifact needed with permanent inactive state and, instead of destroying, swap artifact on death. Probably doable.

I don't think artifacts should be deleted jush because you happen to have a duplicate. I think that they should be mutually disabled, sure, but certainly not overwritten. Not exactly from a RP perspective, but mostly from a logical/practical perspective. It just doesn't make sense that a king in the capacity to dedicate an entire wing of his castle to an armory would be willing to throw away a sword because he just got a new one of the same materials and design.

The best solution for your problem would be to savescum until the smith triggers the rare materials event so you're guaranteed to get a lvl 3.

You can easily rewrite the game's config file to set the artifact loss chance to 0%. Takes less than a minute. Probably will disable achievements, but hey, the artifact loss was meant to increase difficulty (so that you cannot hoard)

what always gets stolen from me is my father's sword

Not making this up: Always when an evil nation like HRE or Byzantium invades and besieges capitol, it's sword they take, and if ever my character dies in battle, he loses his ancestral sword (never his armor).

at least if you disagree, please post a reply to my thread and tell us what you think? maybe i can learn something :)
They're just fanboys, ignore them. The devs could make a post telling the community that they think they're all gullible losers and the fanboys would all hit the agree button on it.

what always gets stolen from me is my father's sword

Not making this up: Always when an evil nation like HRE or Byzantium invades and besieges capitol, it's sword they take, and if ever my character dies in battle, he loses his ancestral sword (never his armor).

I once had an epic RP story line develop involving a sword. I had a Scandalous Councilor show up who shocked everyone but who did right by me and who I very much liked, so I married her off. It seemed that I didn't do my research because the man I chose for her was temperate and celibate, while she was a wild Lusty young woman in her prime.

Needless to say she came to my bedchamber one night and never one to turn down an opportunity I slept with her. Naturally 9 months later out popped my, err her husband's, first and only son. I acknowledged him and then took him under my wing as the son I could never have. My lover's husband seethed but there was very little he could do, he never joined any plots or factions against me so I let him be.

In time my lover died and her husband retired to the country. My bastard son came of age and had good stats so I married him well and then made him the captain of my mercenary band. A few years later I looked back at him to find that he was no longer the captain of the band - he had returned home and was Mangled and Wounded and didn't have long to live.

By chance my latest castle had just finished, so I renamed it after his mother (my former lover) and gave it to him along with my trusty sword, kind of expecting that if/when he died I would get it back. In the end he did die a few days later and the sword was lost, presumably bricked up with him in his tomb. I took care of his wife and one kid with some gifts and tried to make amends with his "father" but to no avail, nothing could ever allow him to forgive me.

That was one of the most touching and heartbreaking stories that this game has ever thrown up at me, even though I knew exactly which event chains and events were rolling away in the background.

I once had an epic RP story line develop involving a sword. I had a Scandalous Councilor show up who shocked everyone but who did right by me and who I very much liked, so I married her off. It seemed that I didn't do my research because the man I chose for her was temperate and celibate, while she was a wild Lusty young woman in her prime.

Needless to say she came to my bedchamber one night and never one to turn down an opportunity I slept with her. Naturally 9 months later out popped my, err her husband's, first and only son. I acknowledged him and then took him under my wing as the son I could never have. My lover's husband seethed but there was very little he could do, he never joined any plots or factions against me so I let him be.

In time my lover died and her husband retired to the country. My bastard son came of age and had good stats so I married him well and then made him the captain of my mercenary band. A few years later I looked back at him to find that he was no longer the captain of the band - he had returned home and was Mangled and Wounded and didn't have long to live.

By chance my latest castle had just finished, so I renamed it after his mother (my former lover) and gave it to him along with my trusty sword, kind of expecting that if/when he died I would get it back. In the end he did die a few days later and the sword was lost, presumably bricked up with him in his tomb. I took care of his wife and one kid with some gifts and tried to make amends with his "father" but to no avail, nothing could ever allow him to forgive me.

That was one of the most touching and heartbreaking stories that this game has ever thrown up at me, even though I knew exactly which event chains and events were rolling away in the background.

I don´t even own CKII yet, but this is just epic