• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ahura Mazda said:
Would've been interesting if the Indians had won...:(
Perhaps in another game. :cool: As I'm only focusing on Carolina, I hadn't really made events for such. Other than giving them option to gain cores on Carolina as 'another homeland of the Cherokee' in their event. But it's definitely a good idea though.

I'm going to be updating the original posts with a bit more wording to them. They just seem a bit too sparse for me with all the pictures I use. And they feel like they need more to explain them.

Not too much of a problem I guess. I'm just not Knud picture-wording oriented for this at least.

Last edited:
ood stuff. You should condiser incorporating Texas into your state as a safeguard against Mexican imperialism

vaarc025ck4.jpg
vaarc026hd2.jpg

Opposition to Carolina's rule in Georgia sprang up soon after Carolina's annexation of the Georgian state. Many once high ranking Georgian officials turned Aristocrats adamantly refused to acknowledge Carolina's right to rule. As a result, many raised in revolt against the state. A terrible mistake that would cost the revolters their lives as they were quickly hunted down by the Carolinian Military and executed for treason. Despite such hard line examples made of them, several more revolts would surface throughout the years that followed. All equally put away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vaarc027akl0.jpg

Fullscreen

On December 27, 1838 news reaches Carolina of New Yorks defeat at the hands of the New England and Pennsylvanian troops. For a war started over their single province of Vermont, New York loss dearly. Not only were they forced to recognize Pennsylvania and New England's claims, they were also forced into submission and annexation into New England! The loss of the New York government was a hard blow to New Yorkers, who though without a country sought to never forget what happened. The years that followed would be marked by continued rebellion against New England.

vaarc029aqd4.jpg

Fullscreen

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vaarc030alm8.jpg

Fullscreen

Sometime later, suspicious revolts break out in Mississippi, which lead some Carolinian officals to believe of Louisianan or even French involvement. The revolts suspicious due to being led by regular citizens, and not reactionary Aristocrats as was the regular event. Also suspicious for being poorly formed and badly armed, no where near strong enough to successfully withstand for long against the Carolinian Military. Shortly after their defeat, Mississippi was put into an enhanced state of Martial law as authorities searched for the mastermind of the revolts.

vaarc028tj7.jpg

It isn't long until the mastermind was found, feebly hiding thoughout the countryside while attempting to cross back into Louisiana. The man, an avid French clerk from St. Louis, while under interrogation reveals Louisiana's direct involvement in the revolts. He explains that the action was an attack on anti-French activities held in Mississippi, and not a direct attack on Carolina. He goes on to explain that the plan had been set to motion when the Georgian government was still around, and that he had infiltrated Mississippi during that time.

An investigation would later reveal the validity of the mans story. Despite this however, his actions in raising a revolt was seen as a direct attack not only against the people, but against the Carolinian government as well. And despite protests from the Louisiana government to spare the frenchmans life, his execution was arranged and carried out in Vicksburg.

one thing, why did Georgia have the confederate flag in 1836?

but other than that, good luck. Disunited States AARs are always fun

Have you considered taking over any of the rebellious carribean Islands. Surely they must be independant from Spain soon?

...Think you could release this as a mod? I'd love to play it

You need to take over Virgina before New England takes it over. :rolleyes:

Looks very interesting.

@Kauai: You probably saw this before in the former thread I had of this while I was still using a former account. Due to some account issues I had an Administrator disable my old account and delete the old thread so I could start off fresh.

(Praetorian): Ah the Carribean. Rest assured that Carolina will take steps to further it's interests. How far those steps will go is still up to play. :cool:

Nietzsche: Hopefully If I can get to such, I'd be happy to release this as a mod and resource. Course, due to all the changes it would be a 'copy directory' mod like VIP, but I think that's expected. By any standard it would be version 0.1, since there are tons of things I'm certain people could tweak to make better. And plenty more that could or would go wrong. Plus there would need to be lots of optimizations, since the events were written the crude way with everything in the event file. Which can lead to some problems if the DESC is too long.

mad general: Virginia? Don't want to spoil things but lets just say Virginia is in a bad place with it's claims over Carolina.

Oh you already took it over did'nt you.

DESC??? :confused:

(Praetorian) said:

The event description. The words below the title and above the choices that tells what the event is about. Normally, I believe one would create a String in the event_text.csv in the config folder and then have the event link to it. As to not cause the actual event files mess up by overflowing with words. Because I didn't do this, I have to watch exactly how much wording I put into events. Else the game will cause a few event errors from a line overflowing.

vaarc032akx9.jpg

Full screen

In September of 1840, several key members of the Carolinian government met in a secret meeting to discuss issues involving Virginia. Virginia had long held to it's furthest claims, although it never had show any agression to take them. Despite the non-aggressive nature of Virginia, the members of the meeting decided that if Carolina were to continue to expand without great conflict, it would need to secure possession of the weaker Continential governments before trying against any stronger ones.

vaarc033aua9.jpg

Full screen

In December, Troops throughout Carolina were mustered for the Invasion of Virginia. However, due to secular festivals held during the month, many soldiers were allowed to return home to their families, but ordered to re=muster afterwards.

vaarc034afo5.jpg

Full screen

It wouldn't be until January of the next year that soldiers would cross the Carolina/Virginia border, and that hostilities would be openly declared.

Last edited:
Very interesting AAR, sir! I hope to see Carolina devour Virginia as quickly as possible! ;) As long as she doesn't become too bloated...

And by the way... He denied his right to see a priest? But he's French! :eek:

vaarc036asm4.jpg

Full screen

Fighting in southern Virginia was swift and relentless. The Carolinian army made quick work of the southern Virginian provinces, and most of Virginia proper fell into the hands Carolinian soldiers with ease. It wasn't until Virginia was pushed to the brink that signs of resistance appeared, along with Virginia's own mobilized army. They held little success however, mainly due in part to the overwhelming number of Carolinian troops devoted to the invasion. For every 1 Virginia regiment, Carolina held 3.

vaarc035pd2.jpg

Not all of the Civilian populace was cooperative. Many hard line Virginians refused to submit peacefully and rose up against occupation. Their efforts might have had some success, if not for the proximity and the swift return retaliation of the Carolinian Army.

vaarc037id2.jpg

The government of Virginia, knowing full well that they were losing the war badly, attempted a peace treaty in which Virginia would relinquish control of several provinces to Carolina. The government of Carolina quickly refused it, with some officials laughing at Virginia's attempts at peace with a 'intangible provincial accord.'

vaarc038pr4.jpg

Shortly after Carolina's refusal to the peace, Virginia's government was broken and the Country was occupied. Another debate was held to determine the fate of the defeated state. Once again, many expansionists voted for annexation, while a lowering number of others simply sought out for Victory or a satellite state. Following a vote, annexation won with over 80% of the vote.

vaarc039ru7.jpg

vaarc040ly6.jpg

Unlike the Georgian situation, it was decided that Virginian was still viable enough to operate normally, and wouldn't require any sort of cash aid to help rebuild. The Virginian populace was not exactly happy of this however, and bands of Virginian rebels would terrorize the provinces for times to come. On the positive side of things, Carolina wouldn't be burdened by a severe war debt.

vaarc041ano0.jpg

Full screen

More good news for the Meager and mostly overlooked Navy of Carolina, as the remnants of Virginia's Navy arrive at Carolina Proper and merge with the main fleet. Generic Admiral Wilson couldn't be more pleased with the arrangement.

Last edited:
Now that you've more or less secured yourself regionally it seems like time for a bit of consolidation before the next big push.