• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Main Problem are the supply - The system that was proposed by Paradox was unplanned at least when we execute Barbarossa...

Its just shitty man, how i can even win without pushing with tanks primaly, how can may be? Idk, sincerely, idk...

Bad planning leads to micro.

U can restart your run, and focus on wheres really needed.

I win URSS almost with just "play button" of battle-planner.

My "calendar" to upgrade supply lines is dez/1940 ~ fev/1941.

Use pre-1941 battles on western front, to farm "organizer" trait for Field Marshall.

On average with all supply related bonuses, a typical 20~25 width infantry have 0,50~0,75 supply comsuption, then u can stack 12 on a tile without get penalties.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Bad planning leads to micro.

U can restart your run, and focus on wheres really needed.

I win URSS almost with just "play button" of battle-planner.

My "calendar" to upgrade supply lines is dez/1940 ~ fev/1941.

Use pre-1941 battles on western front, to farm "organizer" trait for Field Marshall.

On average with all supply related bonuses, a typical 20~25 width infantry have 0,50~0,75 supply comsuption, then u can stack 12 on a tile without get penalties.
How to do it? Show up with what do point-to-point pls

How to do it? Show up with what do point-to-point pls
Research and equip ur divisions with logistics company already by around 1939.

The learning curve of hoi4 is: starting producing earlier, what u will need on the rest of the game, if u get beaten because of logistics, the restart and invest earlier in logistics.

Also pickup since from begin a Field Marshall with no Traits, or with the "brilliant strategist".

Use him in all wars(including spanish civil war), u will get the "organizer" trait for him(Field Marshall without traits, farm newer traits fast), then once u get "organizer", choose "Logistics Wizard" for him(-15% supply consumption).

By 1939 u can research logistics II, that improves logistics company supply reduction.

The heart of your production will be: infantry weapons, artilhery, support equipment, light panzer II. once u have filled then with at lest 10 factory each, then u start producing fighters and CAS by 1938.

If u feel rich u can also produce SPA. then ur light tank template will have SPA too.

This is the core to bulldoze SOV: infantry equip+artilhery+support equip+light panzers+fighters+cas. Motorized is essencial also, but its cheaper, 5 factories dedicated to motorized could be enough.

Don't invest in bombers, or medium tanks, or any fancy stuff, u should flood the "core production".

Then u should have 240, 21 widht INF divisions by Jan 1941, all with logistics, 120 under the traited logistics wizard field marshall, that guy will be the "north field marshall", the other 120 will be the "south marshall".

U should have 48 light panzer divisions, 24 under gunderian, 24 under rommel, and manstein as their field marshall, use these guys to do the encirclements(i showed before) ur just put them in line with infantry(the just push play button style). Ur fighters will give the air superiority bonus(its improve tank speed) and the CAS will eat every resisting fighting.

The Mobile Warfare doctrine stacks lots of breakthrough, thats the poetic side of Hoi4: synergy, integration, coordination. U already have panzer generals, u have panzers, then u have panzer doctrines.. ur overproduced light panzer II equiped with logistics will be unstopable.

The Mobile Warfare also stacks lots of org bonuses, its mean u get no punished if take some rest, to refresh and reorg troops, if its sucking at front because pushed too far, stop and let everyone get org again to restart atack. once u have overproduced equipment, its means their recover their strength too, in meantime u can build extra railroad to maintain supply always high.

Thats the "steamroller" playstyle, u just stack up benefits from a doctrine and focus production in what get that bonuses, u always will have advantages over enemy.

Beware of winter penalty, its hit hard now, u can't blitz on winter because all ur divisions will be too slow, either to move or to break a point(the fights take ages), the winter end around april/may every year.

Last edited:
They really need to add more supply depots to the game. Every VP city should count as one regardless of country.
Yes i agree. For Now its impossible to just attack as they did in the past, Have to Look for Manual Encirclements

I am lying with i said that i can push without encirclements...

But i tried using 48 light tanks dispersed in the front and push with it and i won!!!! Its finished this post, i can win now!!!!

I Tried too 2 times to see thats correctly and now i am satisfied...

I am lying with i said that i can push without encirclements...

But i tried using 48 light tanks dispersed in the front and push with it and i won!!!! Its finished this post, i can win now!!!!

I Tried too 2 times to see thats correctly and now i am satisfied...
Congrats! Enjoy the moment, then crank up the difficulty and go at 'er again.

Update: Now i won with Easy Pickings + Dual Push Strategy

Its simple, it is only spotting pockets opportunities and next pushing with tanks and secondly with infantry