• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was with Bad Supply Penalty. That was i cant push

And i cant do nothing with Logistics to improve, is that an resistance problem? idk

Edit: Now i discovered that no, IS NOT AN RESISTANCE PROBLEM...So now we have the question: How to do it? Because with no Supply i cant just advance and my attack really begins green but turns red too fast. I do not know how to do in this situation and i tried everything with Logistics but with no advances. HELP!!!!
You need railways and supply depots. They are damaged in battles. Need to fix them and wait until they deliver again. Also upgrade you railway lines from your capital to cities and depots near the frontline.

c) to use 21 width infantry u should have 240 divisions in 2 field marshalls divided in a north/south front. must have 48 light tank divisions than 8 medium tanks.
How?

Try with this save and see that i cant field 240 divisions without being half-depleted.

Attachments

• ger 41 save.hoi4
    27,3 MB · Views: 0
I find most of the time supply becomes an issue when i don't focus on supply hubs during my advances. Even against a very weak enemy an advance can stall easily if you don't capture supply hubs along the way as your units (especially oil using) will end up not being able to move.

Even for relatively simple campaigns i tend to try to advance along railway lines and toward supply hubs which usually keeps my units supplied at least enough to carry on moving and also denies the enemy supplies which mean they start to get severe debuffs even if not fully encircled.
How do you capture supply hubs?

i loaded your save,...

first not all ur armie are using motorized supply:

1670457010561.png

second u have massive yellor supply alerts.

1670457039451.png

i see u have trains, and trucks, just need few railways, theyre not expensive as it seems.

u are germany, u are rich, build level 3, 4, 5.. railways !!!

1670457149212.png

Last edited:
Our strategy to build railways:

I like use some cities as "main hub" to avoid much entaglement(almost europe), so we avoid spend too much in railways.

Lets use warsaw as "main hub", but theres a problem: the path from Berlim to Warsaw(both marke in purples) is too much entangled... lets build a straight path(red path).

The strategy of use capital cities as "main hubs" to avoid entaglement, make easy for u avoid upgrade every railway, then once u build a "Berlim - Warsaw" path, u build everything on eastern front from warsawy, then minsk/kiev/moscow. this save lots of ic building up "double paths"(green path).

1670457493224.png

Look the pattern i do. i don't straight up build everything to 5.. first, we upgrade all in batches, so i aim level 3 first..

when i complete level 3, i do level 4, then level 5..

that way u get the result of level 3 railways without be stuck on level 5 qeue production lines.

1670458011543.png

then organize ur build qeue from lowest to highest... so ur production of railways wont get stuck on most expensive, and u see the result of the cheapest first.

1670458098517.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Thank you!!!!!

I am happy to see that you have it played my save and shared your statements in these very completed posts!!!

I never became so gratified in the forum soo THANK YOU or i should say in portuguese: Obrigado!!

Reactions:
Im now thinking of how i must do the OOB for Barb as now i am with stuck supply hubs and my original order was:

Two field marschals, one in the north with 5 armies with 24 each and one in the south with 2 armies with 24 and one with 12

The Low Supply Penalty is too much harder to me, it seems that the unique form to circumvent this problem is creating various supply hubs in the border but its too much expensive.

So What Next?

In the play i posted print screen, i ignored south front and keep ur original frontline.....

If u plan keep with encirclement, the soviets will withdrawal troops from south front. when i ended encirclement, they barely take 1 tile from romania.

With sucessfull encirclements, their front just collapse.

The "dual front" strategy(north/south field marshall) i recommended early in the topic is for Steam Roller playstyle, wich requires vast economic and equipment superiority.

With blitzkrieg/encirclement playstyle, u can keep a single poland "north" front, don't need bother sending troops to south.

Let romania and hungary as defensive cannon fodder. ... also south front have more marshs/undersupplieds zone, its very slugish, and tends to lose blitz momentum more fast.

Last edited:
This is how i got too far...

But i need help, how to push into ukraine and Moscow? I cant just push and i cant just do 300 more encirclements just to have it a advantage...

How i do now?
macaquinho.png

Last edited:
1. Use ur center position to reach plains area in ukraine, avoid marsh area, and "supply hell" northern area.. encircle soviets in south
1670539844814.png

2. Use supply map and pass mouse over moscow to see enemy railroas, try capture supply depots on the way, to avoid be stuck on supply void:
1670540229045.png

3. Use terrain map, just to avoid marsh traps.
1670540320065.png

4. This is the "moscow line" is where the supply hell start severely.. if u reach there, consider reduce number of troops in frontline, or a pause on atacks to "refresh" and to build railroads. notice the darker blue/red areas.
5. its november and is winter, if ur atacks are stuck on 90% green for days, , consider a pause and reestart advance in march/april.

1670540526342.png

6. Leningrad is a great hub that connect various spots useful for future advance in nort, take it if is not over-garrisioned.
1670540883978.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
@marcelo r. r.

I appreciate your support, but theres problems...

Firstly, i cant push in Ukraine and Moscow even with Tanks (you said that tanks are needed for encirclements but i cant do it)

Secondly, I need more pushes for capitulation of USSR who is a mighty bear if you ask

Thirdly, i need infantry for the pushes, as i need equipment and tanks

@marcelo r. r.

I appreciate your support, but theres problems...

Firstly, i cant push in Ukraine and Moscow even with Tanks (you said that tanks are needed for encirclements but i cant do it)

Secondly, I need more pushes for capitulation of USSR who is a mighty bear if you ask

Thirdly, i need infantry for the pushes, as i need equipment and tanks
You must micromanage encirclements to make them work. Notice that you need to have supply doing that, including fuel. You cannot break thru and encircle with armor without supply, tank speed without fuel is 1.

Reactions: