how to exract/calculate the total value of gifts received or sent by a country from an eu4 savegame file?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

rachini

Second Lieutenant
13 Badges
Jun 15, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
the title says it all, anyone with experience can give a hand sirs ?
i would like to calculate the total amount of gifts i send to people throughout the MP campaign so people can stop nagging that they arent getting enough moooney.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Solution
Hi

Skanderbeg person here

I'm not really sure what you're looking for tbh... but...
Open the save in notepad++, use extended search: 'TAG={.\t\th' (assuming the player was there at the end of the session, alternatively try changing the letter to a or g) to get to that country's data object, then search for "totalexpensetable"
You'll see a list of digits, each representing a category of expenses.

1687310069620.png

Only how much you spent in total is stored NOT how much you earned.

1687309930753.png

Order of the digits

Let me know if you had any other questions.
Just use pen and paper. I am pretty sure thats not a thing you can find.
ingame, there is a metric represented by a pie called "Gifts" under eco tab, i am sure that there is a way to do it, kind of like skanderberg or PDX tracks these kind of stuff.
please, not the pen and paper method, trying to explain stuff to people ingame is already tedious enough :S

ingame, there is a metric represented by a pie called "Gifts" under eco tab, i am sure that there is a way to do it, kind of like skanderberg or PDX tracks these kind of stuff.
please, not the pen and paper method, trying to explain stuff to people ingame is already tedious enough :S
I am confused what's wrong with sending people a number or telling it to them in VC?

• 2Like
Reactions:
I feel like the sort of people complaining won't stop just because you can give them a concrete number.

Speaking from the experience in my group at least.
This is my experience as well. Skanderbeg should make such a solution, but generally, which player owes the other a favour is such a complex issue, that it wont be solved by numerically looking at gifts. How do you value war support?

I am confused what's wrong with sending people a number or telling it to them in VC?
there is nothing wrong with that, but when you slap dat skanderbeg into their face and tell them that they sold their soul for the devil for x amount of money, that is euphoria on another level. but fr, sending people the number is just too tedious, given that receive so much money from me it becomes a real chore typing the numbers down.

This is my experience as well. Skanderbeg should make such a solution, but generally, which player owes the other a favour is such a complex issue, that it wont be solved by numerically looking at gifts. How do you value war support?
well, war support comes in many different forms, one of them is throwing big piles of ducats at people to shower with.

I feel like the sort of people complaining won't stop just because you can give them a concrete number.

Speaking from the experience in my group at least.
yes they will, and they will always accuse you of not sending enough money or accuse you of hiding those ducats and not sharing, sadly. that's why i need to show the total number of ducats sent to a player so i can slap them in the face with those numbers

yes they will, and they will always accuse you of not sending enough money or accuse you of hiding those ducats and not sharing, sadly. that's why i need to show the total number of ducats sent to a player so i can slap them in the face with those numbers
I still fail to see how you can't just simply write down a simple number and how this would even create such a big problem in the first place.

Reactions:
I still fail to see how you can't just simply write down a simple number and how this would even create such a big problem in the first place.
You asked and you shall receive.
-Scrapping data from savegames automatically is much faster than registering it by hand.
-I want to get the data related to other countries, not just mine. and I cant ask other players to register such info by hand.
-I am giving so much money that registering this by hand gets tedious and annoying.
-Edit1: I cant write down numbers if I am analyzing previous savegames or savegames where I didn't play in.

Those are 4 reasons that came to my mind, I am sure there are plenty of other reasons that I forgot.

Last edited:
Reactions: