how to exract/calculate the total value of gifts received or sent by a country from an eu4 savegame file?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

rachini

Second Lieutenant
13 Badges
Jun 15, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
the title says it all, anyone with experience can give a hand sirs ?
i would like to calculate the total amount of gifts i send to people throughout the MP campaign so people can stop nagging that they arent getting enough moooney.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Solution
Hi

Skanderbeg person here

I'm not really sure what you're looking for tbh... but...
Open the save in notepad++, use extended search: 'TAG={.\t\th' (assuming the player was there at the end of the session, alternatively try changing the letter to a or g) to get to that country's data object, then search for "totalexpensetable"
You'll see a list of digits, each representing a category of expenses.

1687310069620.png

Only how much you spent in total is stored NOT how much you earned.

1687309930753.png

Order of the digits

Let me know if you had any other questions.
Hi

Skanderbeg person here

Open the save in notepad++, use extended search: 'TAG={.\t\th' (assuming the player was there at the end of the session, alternatively try changing the letter to a or g) to get to that country's data object, then search for "totalexpensetable"

1687310069620.png

1687309930753.png

Order of the digits

• 1Like
Reactions:
Solution
Hi

Skanderbeg person here

View attachment 998262

View attachment 998261

Order of the digits

well, i am really quite surprised that a person of your knowledge answered my post.
i am really delighted and thankfull.
That is exactly what i am looking for. Albeit i was looking for how much the Lubeck player (tag =HSA) gave in subsidies, gifts and loans.
i was trying to search for it with the old manual way (not using the
TAG={.\t\th
since i didnt know what i was supposed to do.

Please tell me what should i be typing in instead of
TAG={.\t\th
when searching for the Lubeck tag HSA.

thank you !

It's.. there though?
Indeed it is, but what I meant was gifts on a country basis, as in, HSA sent that amount of gold to Poland and HSA sent that amount of gold to Brandenburg for example.
Not just that HSA sent this amount of gold in total.
Can that be implemented in Skanderbeg so that Poland and Brandenburg actually see what HSA has sent over the years to Poland and Brandenburg ? (I am stating the example of Brandenburg and Poland as an example, usually more than 2 countries are on payroll from my HSA)

Indeed it is, but what I meant was gifts on a country basis, as in, HSA sent that amount of gold to Poland and HSA sent that amount of gold to Brandenburg for example.
Not just that HSA sent this amount of gold in total.
Can that be implemented in Skanderbeg so that Poland and Brandenburg actually see what HSA has sent over the years to Poland and Brandenburg ? (I am stating the example of Brandenburg and Poland as an example, usually more than 2 countries are on payroll from my HSA)
Not really possible without tracking the changes in savefile with each year unfortunately