How come native nations can declare on your colonies and you cannot defend them?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Spain should have quite a few claims in Central America. You can always try to declare on someone you got claims on, then add to your war targets until you the pesky nations attacking your CN.

Sure, the war may blow up - but you should be easily able to beat them and feed them all to your CN.

They do but the countries that are attacking New Spain are in North Texas or New Mexico area.

Also I just got CB not too long ago because you have to colonize Venezuela area to get the Mission for CB.

Problem is going to be resolved when I play again (it is a Multiplayer game and I have a human England player as well so we have to get together to play. He is having same problems in North America).

I really would like the option to disable all non meso or andes natives. I don't find their gameplay compelling on either side. On top of that they lag up the game.

• 3Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
At first, you need to add your colonial nation to the list of watched countries immediately after it's formed, so you don't skip any important events in their life. I wish all subjects were automatically added to this list.
I didn't find this in the suggestions forum (although you did have quite a few others in there)
BTW if you like any of mentioned suggestions, please don't hesitate to upvote them.
Would upvote the above for sure.

As other said, you can, and should, join the war of your colonial nations.

Besides, it's a concession to realism. Iroquois warrior did not sent delegations to Versailles to DOW Nouvelle France.

When the answer is "Enforce Peace", that begs the questions as to why it is the only solution. The AI should recognise that it is fighting a player's colony so it know the player could enforce peace. Same with Burgundy-Liege wars but replace the player with Austria because Burgundy can't understand that Austria is able to call in allies.

• 2Like
Reactions:
It's also the opposite effect where when you play as a native, you can take all their colonies for free in the Americas. The AI Europeans will never intervene with enforce peace so they're making all these useless colonies only to be eaten up instantly. The real Europeans would never stand for that and the current mechanic is a joke.

Reactions:
There should be a game rule change for these nomad groups.Yes you can mod them out but that stops achievements.
They should go back to Eu4 at release method option for those that want it less like a Civ game.

I really would like the option to disable all non meso or andes natives. I don't find their gameplay compelling on either side. On top of that they lag up the game.
I'd like a gameplay option to reduce the number of useless HRE opms as well. maybe merge them into larger provincial ones.

Reactions:
It's also the opposite effect where when you play as a native, you can take all their colonies for free in the Americas. The AI Europeans will never intervene with enforce peace so they're making all these useless colonies only to be eaten up instantly. The real Europeans would never stand for that and the current mechanic is a joke.
The AI is actually perfectly capable of enforcing peace against someone attacking their colonies, I have been on the receiving end of it as Inca once. But it is also just very unlikely to actually do it, considering I have only come across it once.

However, it apparently needs some fixes.
It needs so many fixes that they're not even going to try. (And I'm not talking about the data fixes.)

What needs to be fixed besides data?
The date selector code was inherited from EU3 and is held together with chewing gum and hope. As far as I know it's basically OK if you only move forward in time.

But moving even a single day backwards can cause the game to start in a strange and corrupt state which yields "walking dead" save files and unreproducible bug reports.

Reactions:
The date selector code was inherited from EU3 and is held together with chewing gum and hope. As far as I know it's basically OK if you only move forward in time.

But moving even a single day backwards can cause the game to start in a strange and corrupt state which yields "walking dead" save files and unreproducible bug reports.
It doesn't sound like a big deal to me, they just need to remove "back" button. It's always possible to restart game and start from beginning, like what "Exit to Menu" is doing.

Did natives immediately recognize how powerful European countries are by the first look on tiny settlement of colonists?
No, but they also didn't assemble federal war parties numbering in the tens of thousands, from Hudson Bay to the tip of Florida, to go conquer them. Nor did Europe send soldiers in equal tens of thousands to fight them off, resulting in the Greater Pan-American Wars of Conquest. Fact is, though, that EU4 treats it as just such a war, and the AI should absolutely consider the power of the colonial overlord. It's just as stupid as the AI being ignorant of the Emperor's allies when declaring wars on the HRE was.

Reactions:
The AI is actually perfectly capable of enforcing peace against someone attacking their colonies, I have been on the receiving end of it as Inca once. But it is also just very unlikely to actually do it, considering I have only come across it once.

I was playing Inca as well. England, Spain and Portugal didn't defend their colonies as well. Portugal lost a fully colonized Caribbean and didn't bother contesting it, they weren't even in a war. They had no debt.

• 1Haha
Reactions: