HOI4 Waking the Tiger and 1.5 Cornflakes Patchlog

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- AI should now be able to cancel and change execution level based on units having low org or str (was previously considering a unit "strong" if it had high org OR str, now it will be considered "strong" if it has high org AND str)
So this might be a borderline fix to suicide offensives. We'll see.

- Made unitcontroller less likely to send divisions to supply areas that would put them over the supply limit (before they would only not send divisions to supply areas that were ALREADY over supply)
Finally. This was one of the most annoying behaviors as you had to manually tell some division to leave again over and over again until your were just barely above supply limit.

- AI Germany should no longer use its wargoals against the low countries until Poland is fully capitulated
I hope so.

- Added Desperate Mode(tm) for AI where it will try to break out from low supply or to a port rather than slowly perish
A very good change as it was sometimes just sad to see British divisions starve to death in the middle of nowhere without moving.

- Fixed an issue that would cause ai to shuffle units constantly on the way towards the front
Everything that makes the battleplanner more efficient is welcome.

- Added in some crazy experimental code
- Commented out some crazy code
Interedasting...now somebody will have to look for it.

- Added female = yes to create unit leader effects.
Oh nonononononononononono....

- Added a way to celebrate International Women's Day in the game.
OH NONONONONONONONONONONONONOONNOONNOONONONONONO

- Unaligned and Democratic Germanies now also have a chance of integrating Austria, under certain conditions.
It's called GROBGERMANIUM for a reason, right?

- Renamed Fascist Turkey from "Neo-Ottoman Empire" to "Turkish Empire", to not overlap with the name of a new formable nation.
R-reichskommisariat Neo-Ottomania r-right?

- Took into account recently-revealed CIA data regarding certain high-profile country leaders featured in the game.
Pls explain

Can't wait for the patch and Tiger.

I hope to God the insane division spam issues have been addressed, been a few patches since I played....
I hope its at least lessened, I have a feeling it won't be completely fixed.

- Optimized AI update by sorting by time taken to update it last tick. Guarantees the biggest nations (SOV & GER) to be on separate threads.

Hopefully this will help balance the load across all eight cores which should speed the game up quite a bit!

There is now one disagreement rating on the patch notes.

Sigh. It seems the AI complainers are back to haunt us again.

(If I'm sounding rather angry, I am. I'm just done with these people.)

@podcat @Havebeard Has the Steam Workshop "replace_path" bug highlighted here been fixed? http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...iggers-and-effect.969852/page-6#post-23251932

I can't see it in the patch notes. Our mod team was really looking forwards to this fix because our mod just doesn't work on the Steam Workshop without it.
We recognize that it's a frustrating issues for modders, but it's not something we have had resources to focus on. For modders, the focus has been on the lacking core script functionality like variables and adding functionality to the new decision system.
Maybe a fix attempt was actually made, but not put in the changelog, as it was not tested. Give it a try and get back to me if it still doesn't work.

Great work fellas!

Will the AI attack undefended enemy land?
I just saw 5 soviet tank divisions sitting outside an undefended Warsaw entrenching themselves because they don't see enemy units to attack.

Woot, 4.75 standard Groogy's, that's got to be a new record :eek:. A big thanks to you and the rest of the team Podcat for all the work that's gone into it - you've more than earned a trip to the pub :).

Woot, 4.75 standard Groogy's, that's got to be a new record :eek:. A big thanks to you and the rest of the team Podcat for all the work that's gone into it - you've more than earned a trip to the pub :).

The devs celebrating:
drinking-sailors.jpg

8637372.9f1c1435.640.jpg

160728-curtis-black-tot-rum-tease_mehvk6.jpeg

Bonus: Dan celebrating
488b078e5d9128e54867fa275f51ea0a.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one :D.

Thanks!

Pictures are, in order: Americans (I think) casually downing bottles, Germans ready to unleash the beer power, British sailors lining up for that sweet sweet rum ration and a Soviet soldier sipping on a...on a...er....what is that?

Last edited:
If they ain't American they missed a good chance.