HOI4 Waking the Tiger and 1.5 Cornflakes Patchlog

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Japan starts out with aiming for a cheaper less punchy template for infantry until 1940, unless vs player china in which case SPARE NO EXPENSE

Banzai!!!!!

Portugal should now avoid restrictive trade laws. let the tungsten flow!

Thank you!

Added in some crazy experimental code
- Commented out some crazy code

Bad chicken wraps?

Fixed FRA attacking through maginot, again (bad France bad!)

But, but, Plan 17 worked so well, right?

USA will now support nations fighting against extremism

Murrica, Arsenal of Democracy baby :cool:

Soviet Purged Officers idea now has impact on training and factories as well to slow down Soviet somewhat. their effect on volunteers is also a bit more flat
- Officers Purged spirit in soviet union now impacts how many volunteers can be sent abroad based on army size (decaying in effect by level)

A purge with teeth and no more soviet volunteer army groups. What's not to like.

Made Walter Model more defensive

Hitler's Fireman lives!

Fixed typos and other text errors.
- Fixed even more typos and text errors.
- Fixed more typos than we are willing to admit. (wait you just did! /Podcat)

Quick, everyone look for typos! :D

These look like some solid changes. I'm a bit perplexed still at the nerfs to soft attack for arty and tanks, but I'll guess we'll see how it plays out with all the other changes. If there are a lot of new multipliers for soft attack I could see the need for some rebalancing.

Going forward, I really hope we see two things:

1. Another DLC (and patch) in about 4-5 months. 8 months is way too long for bugs and imbalances to fester. Country pack like DoD is fine.

2. Planes balancing. Planes utterly destroy everything right now. Kinda realistic, but being able to so easily rush to the Tier 3 (1944) variants in 1938/39 is not. On top of that, planes production is kind of boring - the top model is always worth rushing, since they pulverise the lower model in combat. Contrast that against tank production, where stopping on a certain model and keeping the production efficiency up is still a valid choice, and outdated models can still hold their own.

The solution is to introduce extra models for all plane types - an extra one in 1938 and 1942. Maybe the extra models could be tied to a DLC? Since it will be a bit of work to research and illustrate the models for all countries.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all the hard work! LET'S GIVE THEM OUR CHEERS, BOYS! HIP HIP HOORAY FOR PARADOX!

(With special thanks to the Crowdsurfing Commissar in the third pic)

article-1229643-074D175C000005DC-589_468x293.jpg

33a46da4ef957fe635000eec5020e68e--american-flag-wwii.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 10.15.20 AM.png

battle_winteroffensive4.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, don't immediately see anything about the ace generation/shootdown news events being fixed. But will test things out ingame once it arrives.

Lots of interesting changes, imo.

So it begins.

Last edited:
Hopefully those idiots who scream about terrible AI will actually bother to read the patch notes and not going about whining and moaning like they usually do.

Heck, we had one in the Recap thread, accusing us all of having Stockholm Syndrome towards the devs of all things. God, that was annoying. I'm getting sick of these people, honestly. At first I dismissed them, then they got idiotic to the point where I was done with them. I'd like to see them get together and fix the AI if they talk about doing so much.

- Fixed a crash when using set_autonomy_state on a country and its overlord in the same effect.
Ah, I think this explains why I crashed a few times when I almost a year ago was setting up an event for Ireland where they'd become a dominion of the UK if they joined the war.

Btw I see ping-ponging territory transfer requests to players in MP is still not fixed. Is this proving to be difficult to fix?

I quoted the line, but it was my first post, so anything is possible. The line is this:

"- Took into account recently-revealed CIA data regarding certain high-profile country leaders featured in the game."