HOI4 Cornflakes 1.5.1 BETA patch [checksum: dbb6]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So no official release of 1.5.1 today?
In game development it is usually the norm to spend a few extra hours after a beta update to make sure that there are no bugs that came back or weren't fixed.

It is also good to let the player base have a go at the build and check if they run in to any obvious issues that slipped by from the QA and Dev teams. If all goes good and the team feels confident to release it, it will later today. They indicated this at the last beta updates.

In game development it is usual to spend a few extra hours after the last update to a beta making sure there are no bugs that came back or weren't fixed.

It is also good to let the player base have a go at it and check if they run in to any obvious issues that slipped by from the QA and Dev teams. If all goes good and the team feel it is worthy to release it will later today. They indicated this at the last beta updates.
yea, I put it on beta while QA is having a last go at it. if we didnt break stuff it should be approved by the end of work today.

Are volunteer leaders supposed gain XP? Because in the latest Beta Rommel is gaining no XP in Spain. The units are gaining XP though.
Your volunteer commander does not gain experience most likely because in battle the commander of the Spaniards.
It has long been noted that in the battle experience is gained only by those who are exalting. assistants with divisions in the span

Oh thanks you for that voices fix, that was so annoying. I saw you made it harder to get traits? It was something I felt was quite hard to get already, which I noticed when I fought my way across soviet, east to west. Experience gain was what I felt was going slow but you tweaked that so shall be interesting to see how it plays out.

Leader XP gain is balanced a bit. Halved amount of XP you get but also reduced stepness of XP required for each level. It should be harder to gain traits now but easier to gain higher levels.

Wait you mean compared to 1.5.0 or to the last beta where you tripled it? Trait gain is already quite slow in live.

Wait you mean compared to 1.5.0 or to the last beta where you tripled it? Trait gain is already quite slow in live.
the updates in this thread are incremental, so its halving the tripling ;)

I'd actually like the previous buff in trait gain back, please.

Completely off-topic from what everyone else is talking about (and admittedly my main point of concern as of now), but will there be Japanese equipment flavouring for Manchukuo in the official release?

That shouldnt be happening on historical.

I don't recall if i was playing either with the historical focus on or off.

Something I noticed: the US tends to abandon the entire Pacific Theater in favor of Europe if they join the Allies, rather than fighting on both fronts simultaneously. The rest of the Allies do this too, even if Japan has begun expanding south.

Why on Earth would you make traits harder to get? Terrain traits were already very hard to get in the new patch compared to what it used to be.
In the beta, they halved the speed. Before that, they tripled the speed compared to WtT release. So overall it's 150% faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.