• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's way early... but I was wondering what game you would use when you reach Victoria/HOI. I mean, it would be a bit hard put to do it with MTW :). Of course there are enough games to do it with, I was just wondering which. If it were up to me I'd say Blitzkrieg for HOI, giving a nice overview and such.

Anyway sorry for this little disturbance and keep it up!

Thanks for wide response. About 50% of converting is done. Now left diplomacy, rulers names, and country informations. I`ll finish in 2-3 days. To make game more difficult(interesting) and prevent fast expansion of vanilla (after all I`ll start 100years earlier) I`ll use Magna Mundi Mod.

grayghost - You like vids? OK. There shalt be more of them :D

bowl of soup - Converting isn`t hard, but boring and time consuming, I would like to never do that again.

Rensslaer - Thanks. Yes christians did great job. My first goal is breaking off vassalage, I`m not sure what my chances will be :)

Nikolai - Thanks for giving a sign that you are reading ;) , part II will start soon.

Novea - Sure it would. But I will start right after end of CK, so it`ll be direct continuation. Mongols will remain pagan(animism) as in CK. But as far as I know, there are events in EU3 that allow change of religion. So Khans themselves will decide which religion to chose. Here you have some info about their realm.
beztytuu-1.gif

Graymane Thanks. Maps are quite easy, I`m using Paint. And if there is interest, I can post this blank european map I drawed for other EU3 writAARs.

JimboIX Thanks. I`m as interested as you how things will develop, and where this AAR will go.

valzoz_p94 Cheers mate. :)

Hasforth9 Thanks. Just little patience till I`ll finish converting ;)

bowl of soup Vanilla Medieval II covers period to 1590, next I hope that Pike and Musket mod will be released when I`ll reach 17 century. Then ..hmm.
There is Napoleonic Rome Total War Mod which I can use for early 19-century. As for WWII it`ll be hard to find game where Poland is represented. To bad that Steel Panthers have such poor graphics :(

EvilSanta Yeah they shall pay :D

the_hdk - soon :D

FlorisDeVijfde - Please read it. This AAR has more pictures than text, so reading won`t be so long.

Judas Maccabeus - well, I cannot predict how game will develop :)

Just finished converting provinces. This is exact conversion from CK, I edited every single european province - culture, population, fort, religion, owner, and cores. Lot of work, don`t try this :wacko:

Here is some pics. When I checked all nations list with highest income, golden horde monster was second, right after Ming, and income is without vassals tributes !!!

20070312001101.jpg

20070312001053.jpg

20070312001047.jpg

20070312001040.jpg

thrashing mad said:
Here is some pics. When I checked all nations list with highest income, golden horde monster was second, right after Ming, and income is without vassals tributes !!!

Uh uh. Good luck!

RGB - Thanks, I`ll need it :D

Ok. Converting is done :D But before i`ll proceed with game, here is some info about Europe of that time.

HISTORY OF THE WHITE EAGLE

szczerbiecuh1.jpg

Europe Anno Domini 1350

Religia.gif

Populacja.gif

Kultura.gif

mapa2.gif

Dochody.gif

Russia/Eastern Europe - There was only one power in this region - Golden Horde. After their vast conquests, mongol Khans created vassal states on insignificant outskirts of their empire. They divided these lands (norhern Russia, Poland) into several states of equal power. Mongols were interested only to get tribute payed, they didn`t care about religion of their vassals. Should one of vassals tried to gain more power - instant reaction was invasion of mongol armies. Mongols themselves quickly merged with local turkic people - Bolgars, Kipchaks, Cumans - into culture called by western scholars as tartars. Tartars, as always in their past, still worshiped animistic relligion. Among Golden Horde vassals were - Poland, Silesia, Bohemia, Pomerania, Prussia, Lithuania, Kurland, Zaporozhie, Crimea, Georgia, Muscovy, Jaroslawl, Novgorod, Ryazan, Tver, Pskov and Finland. They were by far mightiest and richest state of Europe in that time, if not in the world.

Scandinavia - Two kingdoms of about equal power - Norway-Denmark and Sweden. Norway besides Norway proper, had Denmark, Holstein, and Gotland as vassals.

Germany - Holy Roman Empire is strong feudal country. Emperor himself had less land, than some of his vassals. Some German rulers want to change from feudal kingdom form of goverment into elective Empire. New Emperors would have to deal with such concepts.

British Isles - After victory of king Henri Capet 80 year ago, former kingdom of England is divided into several vassal states of French-English kings. This include England, Cornwall, York, Lancaster and Northumberland. Descendants of William the Conqueror, after loss of English crown, now rule in petty kingdom of Wales. Second power in isles was kingom of Ireland. O`Connor family managed to unite emerald island 100 years ago, and after successful wars with Norway they conquered Northern Scotland with neighboring islands. Kingdom of Scotland was shade of its former self. Norway still possessed some of the Scottish territory.

France - After centuries of vassals revolts and muslim invasions, kingdom of France stood as dominant power of western Europe. Capet kings besides French crown, had also English royal title. Tough strong, France was still divided into many vassal states in feudal fashion. It seemed that gravest enemy of France was kingdom of Burgundy-Italy.

Iberia - Iberia tough whole christian for 200 years, was divided into two main cultures and kingdoms. Kings of Navarra-Castille-Aragon controlled most of pre-arabic population and lands. It`s vassals were Portugal, Aragon and Catalonia. Their enemies, from same family of Jimnez, were kingdom of Leon-Maghreb - which changed name into Fez, from name of their capital city. Fez controlled most of arabic-christian population named Andalusians. They also had strong position in north Africa. Granada, Castille and Morocco were vassals of Fez.

Northern Africa - From muslim states of the past left only Emirate of Algeria. Rest of the African coast were conquered in past by christian crusaders. Tunis was vassal of France, Tripolitania of Italy, and Mamluks of Hungary. Lombard kings of Italy, possessed large lands in Africa as their personal demense.

Italy - Most important power in Italy was kingdom of Burgundy-Italy. They held rich north-italian cities. Only merchant republics of Genoa and Venice preserved their independence. After breaking in Holy Roman Empire 150 years ago, only Tuscany still pledged allegiance to Emperors. Popes still held quite strong position in Apenine peninsula. In south, former kingdom of Naples , thrown challenge at Burgundian kings, claiming themselves as kings of Italy. Lombard kings after ages of Crusades, were dominant naval power in Mediterranean Sea. They possessed important isles of Crete, Cyprus, Corfu, Sicily and Malta, holdings in North Africa, but jewel in their crown was city of Constantinople.

Balkans - Most powerful rulers in this region were Arpads. Hungarian kings managed in past centuries to slowly conquer almost whole Balkans. Only independent states, were pacheneg-catholic Moldavia, and orthodox kingdom of Bulgaria.

Greece/Asia Minor - Roman Empire fallen almost 100 years ago, and it`s mostly related descendant was orthodox kingdom of Greece. Greek kings would have to deal with strong Emirate of Athenes and it`s vassals - Trebizond, Albania and Morea. Strongest faction in Asia Minor was Sultanate of Rum Turks - which were created, from lands of Seljuk Turks. When they lost their Persian lands to mongols, turks concentrated their interest on Asia Minor, and its weak divided orthodox duchies. Another significant power was duchy of Armenia. This catholic duchy was Papal vassal since 1250 year, and for 100 years it was capital of Popes, when they lost Rome.

Middle East - After many struggles, christians finally preserved Holy land. It is now ruled by knightly order - mixture of french, hungarian, sweedish and german crusaders. In recent years, muslims managed to throw away Il-Khanes out from middle east and Persia.

A very different Europe compared to our history. This will be interesting indeed. Now go Poland!

Let me guess, you'll gobble up the other Polish/Prussian/Baltic vassals and then take on the hated horde? :)

cthulhu - Thanks man. Well, I don`t know how engine and AIs will act. We`ll see :)

Graymane - Sure. HERE
are files, as well as unlimited time mod

And HERE
is blank bmp map I`ve created.

Hasforth9 Dzięki :)

Hopefully the Mongols will follow their historic path and prove to be very poor rulers in comparison to their strength as conquerors- good luck throwing off the yoke.

Excellent.

How much work was it to convert? And you have to tell me how it plays. I have to see what I will be converting into.

thrashing mad said:
Intosh Dzieki, znasz tylko polski czy masz polskie korzenie ?

So stay tuned for part II of this AAR in EU3 forum soon.

I answered on your new topic and of course, I will continue to follow this polish history...

Mam polskie korzenie, bo moja mama jest polka...

Europa schaut interessanteste.

Will the Golden Horde advance more to the west taking Hungary or even the holy roman empire? :eek:
Well ill be waiting for the Return of Poland, or Poland Strikes back :D