• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Did the EMF update remove the genetic spam from showing up in the console window? Such as Ab_lisp, bb_attr etc. THis is problematic for me because it really pushes some other information in the console window down past the bottom of the console window when using the charinfo 1 console command.

Did the EMF update remove the genetic spam from showing up in the console window? Such as Ab_lisp, bb_attr etc. THis is problematic for me because it really pushes some other information in the console window down past the bottom of the console window when using the charinfo 1 console command.
You will just have live with it, you cant hide character flags from showing up when useing the console commands.

From the EMF Beta changelog:
MODDING:
  • The character flag names used to represent allele pairs in EMF's DNA module have been shortened in order to help reduce clutter when using charinfo / debug_mode to view character data. If your scripts are manipulating or checking the old flag names, they will need to be updated. EMF will automatically translate the old flag names to the new whenever loading an older savegame.

The EMF Beta is open to anybody with the will to download and install it.

I'd just like to say a big thanks to all of those who play a hand in developing this mod, it's a lot of fun to play.

Here's an interesting situation that popped up in my latest playthrough as Haesteinn raiding the Mediterranean, tanking the Catholic MA, with later descendants converting to Christianity and attempting to restore it in time for the crusades. During my conversion efforts, the brother of one of my vassals (my third cousin twice removed) had converted on his own volition, so I decided to reward him with the duchy of Calabria in Italy. That's when he formed his own cadet branch of the family named Haesteinn-Calabria. I helped him push the heathens out of southern Italy and then rewarded him with his own kingdom. Not even mad I don't get dynasty bonuses with him because Europe looks like a clusterfuck and I'll take any help I can get. We're great allies at the moment but looking forward to seeing the legacy that his descendants carve out for themselves.

Cadet 3.png
Cadet 2.PNG

Idk, what's wrong but after first 20 or so years, AI just can't manage itself, keeps shooting itself in a foot. Like every big kingdom I check has like less than 1k levies, be it France, England, Hungary, Poland, Seljuks/Rum and what not, constantly in debts or already expelled jews.

I must of done something wrong but HIP does not show in the launcher. Any ideas? Thanks. It installed fine btw.
Do you have the HIP.mod file in the mod directory? I sometimes accidentally delete that when I'm deleting all the unnecessary files that comes with extracting HIP.

Is it possible to make the AI place a higher emphasis on consolidating their armies into larger stacks upon raising their levies? I think the current lack of army concentration in the AI is a bit ahistorical. Especially in Crusades.

Do you have the HIP.Mod file in the mod directory? I sometimes accidentally delete that when I'm deleting all the unnecessary files that comes with extracting HIP.

Thanks for helping but I don't delete anything but saying that the HIP.mod file is in the CK2 folder for some reason, I'll put it in the mod folder to see if it works, Thanks again.

I'd just like to say a big thanks to all of those who play a hand in developing this mod, it's a lot of fun to play.

Here's an interesting situation that popped up in my latest playthrough as Haesteinn raiding the Mediterranean, tanking the Catholic MA, with later descendants converting to Christianity and attempting to restore it in time for the crusades. During my conversion efforts, the brother of one of my vassals (my third cousin twice removed) had converted on his own volition, so I decided to reward him with the duchy of Calabria in Italy. That's when he formed his own cadet branch of the family named Haesteinn-Calabria. I helped him push the heathens out of southern Italy and then rewarded him with his own kingdom. Not even mad I don't get dynasty bonuses with him because Europe looks like a clusterfuck and I'll take any help I can get. We're great allies at the moment but looking forward to seeing the legacy that his descendants carve out for themselves.

View attachment 505159 View attachment 505160

The real question tho is what Sorsjoveldet is

Has anyone addressed issue that in republics age is now completely irrelevant to election score? Or is it supposes to be like this?

I mean not reduced, but actual zero points even if you are 99 y.o. boomer

These are the defines you can play with (my current values):
Code:
-- Patrician Elective Defines
-- Respect formula: [Campaign Funds] * PATRICIAN_CAMPAIGN_FUND_FACTOR + [Prestige] * PATRICIAN_PRESTIGE_RESPECT_FACTOR + [Age in years]^2 * PATRICIAN_AGE_RESPECT_FACTOR + [Random number between 0 and DOGE_SUCC_RANDOM_FACTOR]
NDefines.NEconomy.PATRICIAN_CAMPAIGN_FUND_FACTOR = 1 -- Same as EMF.
NDefines.NEconomy.PATRICIAN_PRESTIGE_RESPECT_FACTOR = 10 -- Same as EMF.
NDefines.NEconomy.PATRICIAN_AGE_RESPECT_FACTOR = 1 -- Same as vanilla. Disabled in EMF.
NDefines.NEconomy.DOGE_SUCC_RANDOM_FACTOR = 500 -- Same as vanilla. Disabled in EMF.

Enjoying the new releases, a few thoughts.

1) The Holy Roman Empire really needs looking at. At the moment, Feudal Elective makes the AI into utterly stable juggernauts that just expand and expand and expand. Seeing Hungary, Poland, and Denmark being de jure inside an AI HRE was kind of uncomfortable.
2) Positive opinion bloat. It is much too easy to build up positive opinion. I like how many varied traits there are, but you can get too much good stuff too easily.
3) The Sicilian Normans and the Christian Spanish kingdoms basically never suceed any more. I've watched a bit and the main problem for the Sicilian Normans is that they get tripled up on by their Muslim neighbours, the HRE, and Benevento, then when they're weak the trading republics (Pisa etc) mop them up.

1) The Holy Roman Empire really needs looking at. At the moment, Feudal Elective makes the AI into utterly stable juggernauts that just expand and expand and expand. Seeing Hungary, Poland, and Denmark being de jure inside an AI HRE was kind of uncomfortable.

From my observation it's less about HRE being powerful and more about pagan conquering everyone nearby then gets wrecked by the Germans. The usual sequence of event for the first 30 years in my games is 1) The said entities attack pagans and proceed to destroy themselves, 2) then they get feasted upon by nearby other pagans who occupy and subjugate the kingdom as tributary, 3) but there are just so many individual pagan entities in the region and they end up dogpiled by everyone else until the realm is destroyed beyond any possibility of recover, 4) then wild German knights appear with the religious reconquest CB.

Enjoying the new releases, a few thoughts.

2) Positive opinion bloat. It is much too easy to build up positive opinion. I like how many varied traits there are, but you can get too much good stuff too easily.
3) The Sicilian Normans and the Christian Spanish kingdoms basically never suceed any more. I've watched a bit and the main problem for the Sicilian Normans is that they get tripled up on by their Muslim neighbours, the HRE, and Benevento, then when they're weak the trading republics (Pisa etc) mop them up.
Not just opinion bloat, good stats are too easy to amass. It doesn't matter as much if you're RPing instead of powergaming, but I do wish playing optimally was a bit more challenging myself