• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My favorite event so far:
GEqB6nB.png

What do you think?

Also, if someone know How can I delay triggering next event by answer? I mean, I need to get event nr 2 for example 7 days after I choose answer in event nr 1 which will trigger this event nr 2. I would be greatful if you help me. It's all about offset, isn't it? I've just realize it.

EDIT: What I've needed here was:
command = { type = event which = event id where = country in which it have to fire when = days to fire }

And:
How one can make longer descriptions for events? This "Swedish Danish border fights" shouldn't be ened on "Appologize would be in place" sentence.

I catch my pace with event writing. Yesterday and today I've done almost, or even over 50. And it's only cover Finnish uprising, Swedish military junta, and unification of north Japan (partialy) There will be a lot of events.

EDIT: And this event looks like this in game. So don't have a high hope to see uncensored version.

EDIT2: Help wold be still apreciated, as I have milions of events to write, and more, and more new Ideas for them. I know there is no much of movement on DH forum, but maybe, just maybe, someone could help with this work. Yesterday and today I've worked without sleeping, and so it's 3:30 AM here and I still not sleep. And done only around 50 events... For three flavors... And short one between them (like 5 events). As you can see, I could use some help. Or at last give me more Idea for total ahistorical events, for my total ahistorical mod. Thanks.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
And this is:
vRS3ywY.png

how Japan should, and will look like. I know, I've told you people that I'll not play with E3 map, but damn, I had to. This of cours make me to rewrite some events, and so, but it's ok, I use to not sleeping. Working on new clans ministers. We have here, from south: Shimazu, Mori, than Oda (sam color for now), Imagawa, Tokugawa, Takeda, Satake, Uesugi, Date, Nanbu, Ezo Republic, and Ainu Peoples. Better now, isn't it? I know I'm undecidive, but this is last change of map engine. Hope you like it and hope you can wait longer... Really. Longer. It mostly because I still don't have enough minsters, leaders, TTs, also, I want to change some city names, like Leningrad is not in place, and add custom TT traits (have to learn how to yet, but I've learned a lot already, so it's the littlest problem). What else? Wasn't sleep two night and days, not even a nap, so I'm not sure if I'm writing everything right, but hope you get main message: I won't abound this mod, just need a time, as Ideas flawing in my mind and giving me more and more events, and not only this.

Also, circa 200 new ministers added by night and today.

I'm full of work right now, and I don't know how to decide which one of two:

uk1.jpg
uk2.jpg

will look better as Uesugi Kenshin (I know it was a man in our timelines, but I refer to Sengoku Rance, and to make this extra marriage events to unite Date and Uesugi) in my mod. First looks cuter for me, but second is somehow more Kenshinish. What do you think people? Also still fighting with some minor countries on E3 map, as well as with color scale. Rearanging events for E3 map, and so. If anyone interested, please let me know which one is better.

EDIT: Can't give you screens right now (very bad color scale) but I've made PLR more powerful in cost of Prussia and Russia lands, you know, just to not be blown away in first two weeks after war with Tripple Alliance begun.

Last edited:
I'd like to present you my new events for Date-Uesugi, befor marriage, but I have so much Idea, that I have not a chance to end it today. Somwhen after 12.00 surely, but not today literaly. But tomorrow, I'll present you over 50 events for this. Ok, not all of them, to not spoil your fun with discovering them, and to not draw topic in pictures. But a few with flow for sure. Have not pictures for most of them yet though.

I'd like to present you my new events for Date-Uesugi, befor marriage, but I have so much Idea, that I have not a chance to end it today. Somwhen after 12.00 surely, but not today literaly. But tomorrow, I'll present you over 50 events for this. Ok, not all of them, to not spoil your fun with discovering them, and to not draw topic in pictures. But a few with flow for sure. Have not pictures for most of them yet though.

Dont worry about that, take your time. You doing great job

Thanks Nikita. It was some time from my last post, and I've didn't done much, but here's one of Uesugi-Date marriage routes:

First, this is Date Army (Gun) at start. I know, I need new pictures for them, also thinking about special pre modern tech tree for few nations:
Date Army.png

Also, this is Date Generals staff:
Date Generals.png

I have no Idea why they all are major generals. I'm sure I've set them to Generals, and Fieldmarshal Okimune. But it's one of smallest isues. I can fix it easly I think.
So. Here's events:
Event 1.png

And I don't know what's wrong with colors... Really. But:
Event 2.png

This is what you get if you can't chose women for yourself. And if you chose wisely, you can get some boosts for money, or loyal troops. But, Uesugi is a mess. And you will suffer if you chose her. But it can end quiet nicely if you have luck too (or reload quiet enough much times):
Event 3.png

So:
Event 4.png

I don't tell you what to do (or if you insist I'll tell you, but it'll be not fun at all):
Event 5.png

This is "one of" kind event. AI will chose you way, so you could be angry on me and reload to "you think" good result:
Event 6.png

And here is problem. As you can see, and I don't know what's wrong with this picture. It just apear like this. And it's not last one like this. And it was such a great woodcut. I'd like to have it in full grace rather than this up here:
Event 7.png

Don't look at date up there. I've just fire events by cheat consol. They will be fire not one after another but in days/weaks/month at "worst":
Event 8.png

Second in rout "one of" event up here, and than you can:
Event 9.png

sell skin expansive, or:
Sepuku.png

You may admire writen by me haiku. I'm not as good with japanese to try it in japanese, but I think it's quiet good in English version. Don't you think so? And if you chose to fight insted of give up Okimune's life (it's not Game Over though, you may play, but without leader for some time... And you'll be surely attacked by neighbors, so. It's practicly Game Over, yes) you can get:
Event 12.png

Last in this branch of Uesugi rout "one of" event.
Event 14.png

This one's good ending. Now, as rebel is over (I specialy not give you all events in rout, so you won't be sure what to chose for this one (as if "one of" events wasn't hardly reloaded enough, huh?)) you may rebuild clan. I aspecialy recommend 1st choice. It give you for example, first in Japan university (not historicly of course, but it's useful, first TT) and alow you modernise army. Who knows? Maybe you'll be even able to unite Japan before anyone else (there's few pretenders in this univers, not only from Japan mainlands. SPOILER: you may end as Dutchy colony).

Hope you like it guys. Give me your opinion. And it's 2.35 in night in my country, so it's best time to work on mod (and only availible lately).

EDIT: If someone know what can be wrong with pictures, please tell me. Also, if you'd like to help with units pictures, I'll gladely take this kind of help.

I'm not an graphic at all, but I did something like this for Date Samurais:

samurai.png

It's not the best, but still look nice for me.

Also, if you know where to find good Ashigaru sprite, I'm listen. Thanks.

This one for Uesugi:

sam — kopia.png

And here Ashigaru with gun for early infantry, but still need one with yari (spear) for militia:
Ashi.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
OK, I've messed with my files a little, but I have my newest up to date copy of files on disc, so it's allright. But funny thing is, that in my folder BCoOE I had Battle Cry of Old Empires folder with old copy, Battle Cry of Old Empires - newest with clear copy, and Battle Cry of Old Empires - copy with actually needed files. I have to organize it a little different, or I'll won't be able to find good copy of files next time... Sorry for lack of any info from me lately, but I was away of home for very long without my computer. And actually I'm still out of home, but have my computer now, so I'm back to work.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can someone explain me how to create decisions? I check this:

Code:
event = {  #Establish a professional military

id = 8300060
    random = no
    persistent = yes

TAG = { AFG ALB ALG ANG ARA ARG ARM AST AUS AZB BEL BEN BHU BLR BOL BOS BRA BRU BUL BUR CAL CAM CAN CGX CHC CHI CHL CMB COL CON COS CRO CSA CSX CUB CXB CYN CYP CZE DDR DEN DFR DOM EAF ECU EGY ENG EQA EST ETH EUS FIN FLA FRA GAB GEO GER GLD GRE GUA GUI GUY HAI HOL HON HUN ICL IDC IND INO IRE IRQ ISR ITA JAP JOR KAZ KOR KUR KYG LAO LAT LBY LEB LIB LIT LUX MAD MAL MAN MEN MEX MLY MON MOR MOZ MTN NAM NEP NIC NIG NOR NZL OMN OTT PAK PAL PAN PAR PER PHI POL POR PRI PRK PRU QUE RHO ROM RSI RUS SAF SAL SAR SAU SCA SCH SCO SER SIA SIB SIE SIK SLO SLV SOM SOV SPA SPR SUD SWE SYR TAJ TAN TEX TIB TRA TRK TUN TUR UKR URU USA UZB VEN VIE WLL YEM YUG U01 U02 U03 U04 U05 U06 U08 U09 U10 U11 U12 U13 U14 U15 U16 U17 U18 U19 U20 U21 U22 U23 U24 U25 U26 U27 U28 U29 U30 U31 U32 U33 U34 U35 U36 U37 U39 U40 U41 U42 U43 U44 U45 U46 U47 U48 U49 U50 U51 U52 U57 U58 U59 U60 U62 U67 U70 U71 U72 U73 U74 U75 U76 U77 U78 U79 U80 U81 U82 U83 U84 U85 U86 U87 U88 U89 U90 U91 U92 U93 U94 U95 U96 U97 U98 U99 UCH UER UGS UPE UTC }

decision = {
            atwar = no
            policy = { type = professional_army value = 1 }
            NOT = { policy = { type = professional_army value = 2 }}
    }

decision_trigger = {
        supplies = 100
    }

trigger = {
            ai = no
            policy = { type = professional_army value = 1 }
            NOT = { policy = { type = professional_army value = 2 }}
        }

name = "MOB2name"
    desc = "8300060desc"
    decision_desc = "DEC_8300060_DESC"
    style = 2
    picture = "Wehrmacht"
    decision_picture = "decision_german_total_war"

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1914 }
    offset = 30
    deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1963 }

action = { #Establish a professional military

name = "MOB2name"
        ai_chance = 100

command = { type = trigger which = 8300102}
    }

}
And I'm not sure how it works. I mean:
1. Is persistent thing necessery and what exactly it is and what it do? It mean decision is permanently on list of decisions? And if I want decision to be availible for some period of time, how can I make it?
2. If decision = { } is decision's conditions, and decision trigger = { } is decision cost, than what is trigger?
3. Why desc and decision_desc? And why two pictures?
4. Shouldnt there be action_a, or it's only necessery when you have more than one action?
5. I know it's newbe questions, but I still don't get this decisions and I will need them.

Last edited: