Hearts of Iron IV - Developer Diary 12 - Internal Politics

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice to see that we will have a mobilization similiar system to Darkest Hour. That was just awesome and reflected reality better than the old manpower system. And tech teams again. <3

€:

@Political parties.

Do not forget that this is still alpha. They will surely implement more parties/groups to reflect the political landscape of that era.

Questions about "Companies":
1. How exactly will the stats difference from different companies apply? Will it be a separate modifier or will your equipment start in different places on experience scale?
2. Will the value from previous designs be "inherited"? Let`s say I designed "Pz3" with Porshe in place, and now, for Pz5 I want Heinshel. Will my Panzer3 still have the stats boosts from Porshe, after I switch to Heinshel? (I would prefer if the answer was yes)
3. How will USSR be handled? It had no tech companies so I assume we will just have the design bureaus, like Yakovlev, Lavochkin and Illushin design bueraus for air, and similar for rest of places. Is that the correct assumption?

Is the aim to have the same PC minimum requirements as EUIV?

It looks fantastic!

And this is just wonderful!

attachment.php

I think it is a great decision to delay the release. It will only make HoI4 better!

Great work!

Edit: 1Alexey posted some interested questions.

There are going to be only 3 ministers + leader of country? What about positions of head of state, head of government, foreign minister, armaments minister, minister of security, head of intelligence etc. Also that government window is ugly. I much prefered the one in HoI 2.

I must say i love the interface. And the companies are just brilliant atleast for me they add so much flavour. The "house" thing is the political power right? Is the reason for Support Democracy having such a high cost (50) that its outside the normal "ways" of the current goverment. What i mean is does the cost of these missions depend on which faction is in control of the goverment example. Support Democracy normal price 25 but +200% because you are facist and Support Communism is normal price 25 +300% because you are facist or something along those lines.

Regarding Minsters and Goverment is there a difference in Expert / Genius i suspect that Genius is a level higher than Expert in terms of the amount of bonusses they give?

A question. How will the simulation of economies work/be balanced out. In HoI3 Germany had the best laws early and democracies caught up later. However with PP system this changes, correct? So democracies can match production much earlier.

Is the election mechanic intended to keep this in check? Will laws 'reset' if a new party is elected?

Looks interesting, not the most exciting part of a WWII game I suppose, but will be fun to play around with.

I'm glad you decided to move the release date. Whatever you do, do not release it in a bad shape! Take your time. You should all know it by now.

It looks pretty promising so far. Perhaps some propaganda or photos from the era and the nation you're playing as could be added on the interface to make it a bit more appealing.

There are going to be only 3 ministers + leader of country? What about positions of head of state, head of government, foreign minister, armaments minister, minister of security, head of intelligence etc. Also that government window is ugly. I much prefered the one in HoI 2.

Without being part of the process, there seem to be scroll bars next to the ministers section.

Really looking forward to this, even more now! And I'd rather the release date was pushed back than a buggy, half finished game being released too early. I've had more than enough of that from other developers.

Very interesting.

3. How will USSR be handled? It had no tech companies so I assume we will just have the design bureaus, like Yakovlev, Lavochkin and Illushin design bueraus for air, and similar for rest of places. Is that the correct assumption?
I assume so. It seems reasonable.

Great DD! Looks wonderful!
Not too worried about the delayed release (it will probably allow me to concentrate on teaching until school is out in June :p)...

The elections and public support part seems a bit complicated. I hope this isn't something that throws things off too much - I mean, I don't want to be spending too much of my time worrying about this as I'm playing with my soldiers...

Very excited about tinkering with all of these options, though!!!
I could just stare at all those buttons for hours...