Hearts of Iron IV - Developer Diary 12 - Internal Politics

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1st of all, i LOVE the DD. Thank you :). and i like the counters :D.

some questions:

1. I spotted the "manage occupied" button. Will we be able to put ministers/companies in occupied Countries in charge? If so, only theirs or can we use German companies/ministers also?
2. I like the way companies are suposed to work, but is there in some point a "fusion" possible? lets say Porsche and Henschel cooperate?

Thats it for know. TY adn keep up the good work :)

I am sure I speak for many when I say as much as I want to play the game as soon as I can, I would rather it was released in a well tested state then put out as soon as possible to recoup development costs and patched over time. This seems like a massive under taking and although it sucks to wait I have always appreciated Blizzards approach, "It's done when it's done." I know when the game is released I will not (likely) see any bugs or have any major problems.

the fuhrer can promote democracy. 10/10.

He's the Führer. There is no reason that he - theoretically - cannot promote democracy. Actually I'm playing with the idea of reintroducing democracy with Mr. Hitler.

I like the political power concept and the return of companies. Also, it looks like elections will be more interesting this time. However, we may get some strange results if there are only 3 political parties per country. I mean, how can you lose power to the Republicans in the USA in such case?

BTW when will we get the next DD and what will it be about?

Will it be possible for example restoring monarchy in Germany or Austria? If we are fuhrer and have power we should be able to do so if our ideology slider is more on the right. Hitler personnaly hated Hohenzollerns but maybe player should be able to try different apporach after abolishing Weimar Republic.

You can delay the game as much as you want, I finally get my DD on politic

giphy.gif

Seriously, the improvments in politics are far beyond what I expected. I can't imagine what will be possible in modding with these new features.

Keep on the good work !

What's the system to restrict military production in peacetime? How do economic laws affect this, and is there still neutrality? What's to stop the US producing insane amounts of equipment during peacetime, for example?

EDIT: did anyone else spot Michael Jackson in the first screenshot?

Great dev diary, I'm really liking these systems and am especially excited for the return of companies! Don't worry about pushing the release date back, take your time and ship us a complete and bug free experience! Don't pull a Creative Assembly for the love of God. :p

I think it's ok to have just one Democratic party in non-democratic countries.
Then, if the country becomes a democracy, you should have more.

Questions:

1) Will companies change over time?
2) How does espionage and counter-espionage fit in this system? Can I use my spies to lower an enemy PP?

Great job! Looks great!

I think there should be more parties. Maybe not as many as in HOI 3 but at least social liberal parties and social conservative as well as communist and fascist parties. I think that system would be good enough.

Nice DD. Some concern as German player:

Will we get Hitler or Hiller as Führer? Will we have the nice drawn pictures of main staff from the NSDAP or again just black generic heads? This issue caused me in the oast to get the game imported. Hope you can pass USK without censorship...