Hearts of Iron IV - Dev Diary 3 - Bringing WWII to the mainstream

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
eeeuhm... Does this mean there will be specialized battalions available as well for cleaning up the dogshit?

Nah, you just need to enforce the right training laws :)

Cats are a clear downgrade to dogs though.

BTW, dog buttons are explained in the OP, 1 button per mission.

Well, the cats would just be for the minors, after all...

And a-ha! But just four missions?! What about the "Blitzpooping" mission? Affects soft attack or hard attack, depending on what you feed your ND...

Will national canine unity be a thing? Historically, not investing IC in treats led to rise in canine dissent when the Soviets began pushing back in '43; Hitler foolishly decided to spend late-war resources on Panzer divisions and dead-end technologies rather than compromising with the existing hound aristocracy. When the Russians promised to send the German dogs into space it pretty much ended the war right there.

stare.jpg

So what's so great about dogs?

Finally this Swedes will do a GOOD game. For years, the lack of dogs has ruined my enjoyment of Paradox' game, limiting them to humans strongly limited the possibilities of empathy and therefore of involvement in the game. The addition of the ND will make this game accessible to a wider public, making strategy feasible also for younglings and teens. One question: will we have breeding possibilites? I think that having the possibility of mixing them should give us different bonuses, and maluses as well, obviously. Their pedigree should be of some relevance as well.

I love dogs but don't have one, so having a National Dog would be awesome!

I approve more dogs in Hearts of Iron!