• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's not a realm succession but a title succesion law, so pick a title and click add a law or whatever and it should be there. That's also how you access Scandinavian succesion or saxon elective if you don't already have it
If you're at least a king there's a Decision called "Adopt Special Succession Type" which allows you to adopt it for your primary title at a discount IIRC, plus it gives a +30 opinion bonus with same-culture vassals for 30 years. :)

Reactions:
If you're at least a king there's a Decision called "Adopt Special Succession Type" which allows you to adopt it for your primary title at a discount IIRC, plus it gives a +30 opinion bonus with same-culture vassals for 30 years. :)
You can only adopt it for same tier titles, so once emperor, you can't put it easily onto your kingdom titles before granting them. Or at least that's how it worked for me in my rurik game

You can only adopt it for same tier titles, so once emperor, you can't put it easily onto your kingdom titles before granting them. Or at least that's how it worked for me in my rurik game

I have not tried as emperor, but as king i can add elective law to duchies without trouble after i adopted it as king.

Make them take vows or join a holy order, that makes them unfit for inheritance.

Both of them are unlanded and in my court... I try and refrain from giving lands to my heirs, as they then become my vassals, i.e. starting acting real stupid.

Wait... both of them are married. :D That's why I can't force them to take vows, right?

Both of them are unlanded and in my court... I try and refrain from giving lands to my heirs, as they then become my vassals, i.e. starting acting real stupid.

Wait... both of them are married. :D That's why I can't force them to take vows, right?
Yep if married that'd be why.
You can use your dynasty hook to ally them when landed so they can't join factions, you can give them safe lands to rule as well as marry off beforehand

• 1Like
Reactions:

You can use your dynasty hook to ally them when landed so they can't join factions, you can give them safe lands to rule as well as marry off beforehand
I think (but may just be remembering CK2) that you can force married courtiers to take the vows then they are imprisoned. :)

Reactions:
Yeah, thanks for the tips and info.

I think (but may just be remembering CK2) that you can force married courtiers to take the vows then they are imprisoned. :)
Yep, you're right about this one. Nope, just checked this, and you can't force a married character to take vows.

-----
I think I'm finally beginning to grasp the concept of inheritance. Up till now, I've always been worried that I'd lose a lot of land upon death -- to my vassals, to boot. But now I understand inheritance is much more about titles rather than actual landmass. So if I have a kingdom and 2 duchies, only one duchy wil be given to the second heir (speaking or 2 heirs). And if my logic is correct, once I have an empire, I don't have to worry about kingdoms inherited by a different heir, as they will be vassals to my primary heir, anyway. Right?

(On the other hand, if I own 2 kingdoms, they will be split among my two heirs. The same goes for duchies. So this is where disinheriting or some other trick comes into play.)

Last edited: