• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mssr Roy said:
Indeed. The electors should originally be restricted to the seven states mentioned in the Golden Bull, instead of having every German state voting. Additional states could be made electors via event (think of the possibilities when scripting events! :))

Also, on a note slightly related to electoral monarchies, I would like to see working personal unions in game. Basically, when a monarch dies in an electoral monarchy, the country has the option to elect a leader of another country. ie. the Estates of Bohemia elect the King of Hungary as elector.

That's what Corvinus Mathias(speling?) wanted. And he's the ruler in Hungary by starter date.
(Hunyadi Mátyás)

Emre Yigit said:
I agree. And many Poles and Chinese would applaud your intolerant/pluralistic slider.
That slider would only mean something if it were followed through into the religious model beyond simple bonuses/penalties.

Sir Hunter said:
Would be cool if you could set your own government type in EU3. In EU2 even if it was an emperor or president it still said monarch. Would be cool if you could set the country to be a republic or a monarchy and so on. Just an idea :)
They are titles, but yes, you're right. I would like to have an option to be able to make the King of France Emperor, or maybe Albania-s Tzar, or 'revoke' title of a defeated ruler maybe changing him to Duke or Prince. ;)

jorian said:
They are titles, but yes, you're right. I would like to have an option to be able to make the King of France Emperor, or maybe Albania-s Tzar, or 'revoke' title of a defeated ruler maybe changing him to Duke or Prince. ;)
That's CK though. Titles don't matter in EU3... only might matters.

Yakman said:
That's CK though. Titles don't matter in EU3... only might matters.
I know but it would add flavor, and also changeing a bit the VP value of you (or if beaten and 'revoked' a ruler's VP would decreas over time for a while)