Global Build-Off: AIRPORT Edition Pre-Qualifiers Submissions Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paradox Forums Username is: MarcoE12345
Platform: Pc
My Three Screenshots:

Description: I decided two build a city around 2020 and I built my own map two small streams, highway, trees and all flat land. So I built the first city and I the roads didn't line up correctly. I redid the map and than rebuilt the city but didn't like the way it turned out plus I had lost the save file. So I was ready to give up but than I said I'll see how far this save was and if it was like not started or even like just a couple of roads placed I wasn't going to do it. So I loaded the save and I had a small area complete so I decided to give it another shot and after 1 year came around I was finished. After some time I came back on in to fix certain areas I didn't like.
Screenshot 2.png

That is a picture of my downtown split into for areas 3 areas all have a campus built on it but like a different one for each and the other one is a tourist destination.
Screenshot 3.png

This is my other tourism area where I have it split into for different districts and split in half by the highway. So on one side of the highway you have the zoo and park and on the other the other side you have the amusement park and Nature ReserveSo e
Screenshot 4.png

So each of my corner squares has a dedicated service to it so in the photo you see the service of the emergency services and everything that I assume relates to emergency services so like the Fire Station or the Fire Helicopter Depot, The Disaster Response Unit and some unique building that I think relates to it would be statue of industry because a higher chance of fire happening there, Disaster Memorial and Meteorite Park.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Paradox forums username: artplusbytes
Platform: Pc

Description:
I'm not sure if this is my best creation but it's the most advanced I have so I'm proud to present Austloo, not just a city but a metropolitan region that has four cities, the city of Austloo is the biggest, I hope you like it

Screenshots:
austloo.png

aerial_view.png

down_town.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
Paradox Forum Name: Sir Jinx
Platform: PC

Description:
No mods, no external assets.
Showcased DLCs: Green Cities, Campus, Mass Transit, Industries,

Welcome to Verde Springs. The city was founded around a Liberal Arts focused University, Hamilton Uni. A fundamental teaching present was breaking down standard structures of living and learning taking the No-School approach to education. As a result the city grew into a forest, self-sufficient housing and focused on health/wellness and being environmentally friendly. Since it's founding the University has featured 6 world class triathlon gold medalist due to it's commitment to health and wellness. Hosting both a varsity Track/Field and Swim teams. Most citizens bike, walk or use the monorail which is powered by electricity rather than fossil fuel.
Screenshot_20220319_161619.png

The city commissioned that Ziggurat Garden recently which stands as a center point between the city, university and the residents living within the forest area.

Screenshot_20220319_161554.png

Primary industries servicing the population are fishing (seaweed and algae farms), farming and forestry which are all renewable sources. IT services can be found in the city as well to manage the digital space and administrative services.

Screenshot_20220321_211734.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
Ahoy! I decided to go with my original city. Roesone!

-Paradox name: Admiral 8Q
-Platform: PC

No mods, but quite a few assets.
It's been tough re-working this city without mods.

So, here are my 3 screenies:

With the Airport DLC, I'm planning to put it about centre slightly right in this screenshot.
Roesone 001.jpg

What I would call an "Extremely Difficult" map for elevation. I think I'm at year 2145 now? Heh!

Blimps and Zeppelins are tricky to set up for transit. Worth it. Unpractical, but fun!
Roesone 003.jpg

Colossal Airships.
20220319150316_1.jpg

Tough call. Stjordvik is my newer favourite city I have built, but this is my submission and I'm sticking to it! ;)
Cheers everyone.
Great submissions!

Hello all, I'm Hellas from china, I love this game very much and have played it for a long time.

My paradox forums username is bzimage@msn.com.
My platform is PC.

I'm glad to have this opportunity to present one of my cities, which is based on a legend.

Here once lived a legendary king,whose palace was built on the bank of this mighty river, amid the two mountains.
He was forced to take up heavy burdens in his youth, fighting against two other powerful kingdoms with his advisors, generals, soldiers and civilians. And he was nobody but Sun Quan in the Three Kingdoms era.

Xin Qiji, the famous poet of the Song dynasty once related the legendary history in his poem:

Where can you see the Central Plains?
Ascending the Beigu Tower, there are beautiful sceneries everywhere.
From the ancient times to the present, how many major events of national rise and fall have taken place here?
No idea.
The past goes on incessantly, like the Yangtze River running forward endlessly.

When Sun Quan was young, he became the commander-in-chief of the armed forces.
He was able to occupy the southeast, persisted in the war of resistance, and did not bow and yield to the enemy in whatever cases.
Except Cao Cao and Liu Bei, who could be his rival?
Sons to be born should all be like Sun Quan,the real hero.

Stories of this king have been passed down to the present. His old palace has long gone with the wind, leaving nothing but the wide moat and peach trees blooming along the riverside.
There will be no more wars, and people take up residence on both sides of the river. When the sun sets, people would drink tea and tell tales about the legend,with the beautiful city skyline far in the distance.

The first screenshot is birdview of the whole city.
Cities_ Skylines 3_22_2022 15_29_32.png

The second screenshot is the old palace place, now become culture and sports center.
Cities_ Skylines 3_22_2022 14_42_44.png

The third screenshot is sunset view, tea and tale time.
Cities_ Skylines 3_22_2022 15_18_25.png

Hope you like my city, thank you.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Username: ljus_dis

Hi! I want to show you not so much a one city as two almost symmetrical cities connected to each other by bridges. I call it Blue and Red Haven. The Left side (Blue Haven) has so-called "blue theme" (trees, parks, football team etc.). The Right side (Red Haven) has the similar story but with red colour. The Central island was conceived as the common Government. So, it is very entertaining seeing the connection of two different but also similar cities.

View from RH.jpg

View from BH.jpg

BRH Night View.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions:
Paradox Forum Username: Odee Euseff

Description:
This is the city of New Sriwijaya
Population: 250,000
5 Districts.
Tourists ready.
All Industries activated.
All Parks activated.

Transportations:
1 International Airport.
1 Cargo Airport.
3 Harbours
4 Cargo Harbours.
6 Train lines
2 Metro lines.

Education:
1 University.

Technical:
30 Mods
424 Assets
Lut: Dark Green (Tweak)
268 hours playing hours for this city.

My Three Screenshots:

1st screenshot:
New Sriwijaya 01.png

2nd screenshot:
New Sriwijaya 03.png

3rd screenshot:
New Sriwijaya 02.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
paradox Forum Username: thereisnoP
platform: PC

Description:
This is what happens when you start with a roundabout in the center and just keep going. All the circle lines and spokes were hand drawn, and I just kept on growing. i just kept adding more and more circles.
population: 750,000

(and in case you see it elsewhere, i also posted these to Reddit under the cityskylines sub. my username there is Max_Americana, you can verify i'm the same person).

1647971731009.png
circlecity1.png
circlecity2.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
Name: sultan424971

20210319205701_1.jpg

Small town afternoon on the promenade. In the background the Abbey.

20220321182547_1.jpg

A coffee in the medieval fishing district? Come on Tourist, leave all your money here!

20220124183150_1.jpg

In the depths of the forest is an aristocratic castle of the last century. The park is a reliquary for lovecouples.

THX your vote!
More pictures in Steam, sultan424971.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hello Everyone ^^

Paradox forums username: ChrisSparrow

This is my Utopicity!

The name of my city is UtopiCity because i challenge myself to create something "Utopic": build a beatifull and fully functional city using ALL vanilla content of the game, but using EVERYTHING!! (only all DLC's, Including Natural Disasters).

No Mods, no Unlimited Money, no Terrain Unlimited, no Workshop Assets, no Graphic Mods, etc.
All Monuments, all Parks, all Unique Buildings, all Transport System, all Industries, etc.
(And other fun facts)

My three screenshots:

Here we have a beautiful view from the top of the mountain with the sunset in the background.

20220322134252_1.jpg

Here is the monument "Project Eden", located in the rural area of the city with a beautiful mountain view in the background.

20220322140940_1.jpg

And finally, the postcard from my city, with her name stamped on the hill for everyone to see and always remember Utopicity!!

20220322162115_1.jpg

Thank you and Good look to everyone :D

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • Paradox forums username: Furutaka1926
  • platform: PC
  • City's name: Lok Chau
  • population: around 700k
  • Story: Lok Chau is a former colony city-state in East Asia (that's why the city is filled with colonial and Cantonese Names)
    Although the city was devastated by the war, it rapidly recovered and became an international financial hub.
    Key industries of this city are Financial services and entrepot trading
    Flatland is limited on this island, and the only way to create more usable land is through land reclamation, causing its very high pop density.
    Some road layouts are pretty weird because they evolved over time (e.g. some roads are former coastline)
  • 3 screenshots:
    Screenshot 1213.png
  • 1st screenshots: city overview
  • Screenshot 1212.png
2nd screenshots: the skyline

Screenshot 1224.png

3rd screenshots: street scene

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Hello, my name is Jared and I have been playing cities skylines around when after dark came out. I currently have almost 2200 hours as cities skylines is one of my favorite games. The city that I've shown today is actually one of the my personal best in terms of cities population and scale. It's very much a work in progress but I figured I'd share the progress in the contest. Hope you fellow city design enthusiast enjoy good luck everyone Godbless.

short description:
Cities name is Bayside county, the population is 78,500 and the economy is in the green.
  • Jarebear2136
  • PC (Steam)

Attachments

• Cities Skylines Screenshot 2022.03.22 - 13.46.42.18.png
    Cities Skylines Screenshot 2022.03.22 - 13.46.42.18.png
    2,3 MB · Views: 0
  • Cities Skylines Screenshot 2022.03.23 - 14.27.49.69.png
    Cities Skylines Screenshot 2022.03.23 - 14.27.49.69.png
    3,7 MB · Views: 0
  • Cities Skylines Screenshot 2022.03.23 - 14.27.26.97.png
    Cities Skylines Screenshot 2022.03.23 - 14.27.26.97.png
    3,2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions:
Username: Serzib
City name: Enos

This is Enos International Airport, with Terminals A and B, two highway acces, 4 runways, multiple parking lots, Train terminal, monorail connections, hotels,About 86.800 cells

Attachments

• Cities Skylines Screenshot 2022.03.22 - 18.10.23.15.png
    Cities Skylines Screenshot 2022.03.22 - 18.10.23.15.png
    3,3 MB · Views: 0
  • Cities Skylines Screenshot 2022.03.22 - 18.11.18.75.png
    Cities Skylines Screenshot 2022.03.22 - 18.11.18.75.png
    3,2 MB · Views: 0
  • Cities Skylines Screenshot 2022.03.22 - 18.12.01.15.png
    Cities Skylines Screenshot 2022.03.22 - 18.12.01.15.png
    3,6 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Love
Reactions:
My nickname is Kimysdragonflies, I play with the Pc version. I created a map thinking about a pacific atoll. All houses are self-sufficient, and I boosted low pollution industries: farming, forestry, and fishing. All the mountain is a natural park with watchtowers on the top. Electricity comes by idroelectric power plants.
20220322224542_1.jpg
20220322224414_1.jpg
20220322224858_1.jpg

Username: Sully_Skylines

Twitter: Sully_Skylines

Screenshots are all from my Los Angeles inspired series i've been working on last few months - Losa, recreating iconic landmarks such as the Santa Monica Pier, and cities throughout the region, but scaling all the regional cities right down into one main city full of detail and unique areas - basically, so my computer can cope and retain some FPS! and of course, the city now needs LAX airport and what better way than in a build comp! Currently sharing screenshots on twitter mostly and a potential YouTube series in the pipeline. Held off on building an airport so far, but the time has come to build an LAX inspired build for the city.

A bit about me, i'm a graphic designer IRL living in Wales, UK, and detail cities obsessively in CS for fun. Had played on a Mac for many years, so could never download many assets until last year when finally got a decent PC, now am able to build much bigger in scale and detail. Competed in a few build comps last couple of years, really pleased to get the Special Prize in the Berlin Global Build Off last year for my recreation of Waisenbrucke Bridge and surrounding area in Berlin, and also build's in Two Dollars Twenty's Marble Mountain series. I've never build an airport before, think would be a great challenge against some awesome players! but I don't know a lot about airports so if picked i better swat up ;)

Hope you like the screenshots and good luck to all involved

Screenshot 92.png

Screenshot 174.png

Screenshot 6.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hello,

Ive been playing city sims since the original simcity but this is my first skylines build

Stats:

71,000 pop
90% traffic flow (four bus lines)
No Mods

• LoremVitae
  • PC
  • 3 screenshots

Attachments

• 20220318172720_1.jpg
    20220318172720_1.jpg
    898,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220318173206_1.jpg
    20220318173206_1.jpg
    796,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220318173432_1.jpg
    20220318173432_1.jpg
    697,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I have owned Cities Skylines since the beginning, have every DLC and love to create. This is my latest city, still under way. Have watched so many great creators on YouTube and love to see what everyone else has posted.

This city is not based on any other city, new creation and trying to make it more of a utopia type city. Pictures are of the downtown area and the university.

Special thanks to all the great assets makers out there!

Hope everyone enjoys!

HiresScreenshot 5.png
HiresScreenshot 8.png
HiresScreenshot 10.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Hi, my name is capitalesimaginarias
Actually i'm reworking my first city on Cities Skylines: Belfast. It's a work in progress, it's still a lot of work to do but i think you can find some interesting urban pieces there.

Username: capitalesimaginarias

Screenshot 1
HiresScreenshot 146.png

Aerial view of the city: You can see 1st ring road, Riverside Park and Retirement Square.

Screenshot 2
HiresScreenshot 466.png

Windmill interchange with a huge roundabout around it.

Screenshot 3
HiresScreenshot 14.png

Monumental stairs at Queen's Waterfront

• 6Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.