• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So you and the Axis are at war with the Allies. And you will soon have a "three-corner" war once you attack the Germans. What is the USSR up to?

You won't have to wait long to find out!

The entry of USA isn't that dangerous yet since they need time to deploy. Let's hope they won't be stirring up problems when you're busy fighting Germany.

That is still one hell of a frontline to hold, and I see you haven't driven the British out of Iraq either. Wouldn't it have been better to have a few divisions hold Basra and Kuwait instead of holding them in Palestine?
Anyways, go kick the Germans'ass!

That is still one hell of a frontline to hold, and I see you haven't driven the British out of Iraq either. Wouldn't it have been better to have a few divisions hold Basra and Kuwait instead of holding them in Palestine?
Anyways, go kick the Germans'ass!

Actually, those british units in the middle east are all HQs so they don't pose a threat.

Part 41: Strategic Patience (January 1 - May 2, 1942)

From the personal journal of Giovanni Messe:

It was like trying to stay awake late at night while driving a treacherous route through the Alps. The monotony of dimly lit road unfolding in front of you, potentially too quickly to truly react properly if something jumped out at you but too slowly to get you to your destination as fast as you would like.

So my preparations for our upcoming attack on Germany went. We couldn't get there soon enough but I had to wait to be able to cover our massive front line with enough troops, even if they weren't our best or brightest.

As we waited, events did come upon us. The Germans were involved in fending off uprisings by British and Dutch resistance cells in the Netherlands.

Our research wing was extremely productive in this time of waiting as well, providing us with several advances in a wide variety of vital research areas:
Large Front Advance (Militia doctrine) - Level 1
Supply Production Advance - Level 4
Rocket Tests
Destroyer Armour - Level 3
Artillery Barrel and Ammunition - Level 7
Infantry Support Weapons - Level 5
Militia Light Artillery - Level 4
Infantry Anti-Tank Weapons - Level 5
Radar - Level 3
Militia Small Arms - Level 4
Infantry Warfare - Level 5
Medium Tank Gun - Level 2
Aircraft Carrier Anti-Aircraft - Level 3
Mass Assault - Level 5
Capital Ship Main Armament - Level 4

Finally, on February 24, the event that I had been waiting for arrived. The Soviets and the Germans went to war with each other.

This development would virtually guarantee that the bulk of German forces were deployed on their eastern front, leaving the vast, sparsely-defended border open for attack. Despite the opportunity that was presenting itself, we would still need to wait to ensure that Hitler moved his troops east and to make sure that our own troops could cover our border.

The front lines moved back and forth in the east but the Germans were making inroads despite being busy closing up the pocket of resistance in the Netherlands.

By March 18, we were giving orders to our troops to deploy along the Belgian border.

By the end of April, the Soviets had conquered Finland, closing their second front and leaving them able to devote their total focus to the Germans.

I visited the eastern part of our front, at the join of the Italian, Romanian, German and Soviet borders.

Seeing the lay of the land and how our troops were still moving into position, I decided on our day of attack: May 3. When I returned to Rome, I visited Mussolini to give him the news.

"We are now ready to attack. I have selected May 3 as the day we begin our destiny, Il Duce."

"We have been waiting and waiting. You are sure that this day will be the one?" he replied.

"Of course. Our troops are now covering the entire border. While we've been forced to use some militia and garrison forces, we have done our best to bring their doctrines and equipment up to a somewhat higher standard, allowing them to hopefully fend for themselves if they do see combat. We have 13 armoured divisions ready to go and they will lead the charge to Berlin!"

"Excellent. Let's get our plan in motion."

"As you wish, Duce."

I left his office and the confidence drained from me. Would the Germans react in time to stop our attack? Did they have more units in reserve in the west than our intelligence told us? The only way to answer these questions would be to get our troops into combat and see.

This will be a war where the new Roman Empire will earn its title for sure

And soon the real showdown begins :)

Unfortunately, I tried and failed! Hopefully tomorrow. Things are busy around here!

Shame this AAR is no more, what a fantastic read! I literally sat here for a couple of hours and read from first post to last.
The bizzare french truce and invading Switzerland, goes to show how real this game can become. Switzerland holds no strategic value in my eyes, but invasions of necessity to keep a front going really adds to the edge of seat reading.
Such a struggle of conquest to find the thread has petered out.

Such a shame!

Shame this AAR is no more, what a fantastic read! I literally sat here for a couple of hours and read from first post to last.
The bizzare french truce and invading Switzerland, goes to show how real this game can become. Switzerland holds no strategic value in my eyes, but invasions of necessity to keep a front going really adds to the edge of seat reading.
Such a struggle of conquest to find the thread has petered out.

Such a shame!

It really is a shame. This AAR had so much potential, but has just gone to waste.

Reactions:
read this whole thing today, very well done...

Is the dead waking? I had been waiting for HOI4 to come out but I think I might see if I can get an update up tomorrow. I have tried and failed to do this before but I've got a couple of hours clear and I should be able to get something done. Hopefully I'll be able to find all the screen shots but I think they're still there.

Is the dead waking? I had been waiting for HOI4 to come out but I think I might see if I can get an update up tomorrow. I have tried and failed to do this before but I've got a couple of hours clear and I should be able to get something done. Hopefully I'll be able to find all the screen shots but I think they're still there.

Awesome, looking forward to it :)