• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(94799)

Sergeant
Mar 15, 2008
No.1 "The Ministers Give-away"​

It was cool that day. Everyone was in his warm clothes hurry whatever they was their destination. Destpite the freeze and unpleant weather, there was a huge army of peaple on the street.
- "Drive faster" - said man in back of Mercedes-Benz PKW. He had glasses, and short haircut.- " I will be late on the meeting becouse of you!".
-"I can't" - said the young man, driving the car - " it's too icy" - he replied, but started to pretend that his trying go faster. Man behind just grunted, and went back to reading the newspaper.
-"It was great interview you had in Deutchers, Sir. I could never known that it was so close to the war" - said driver, trying to break the tension. - " I'm glad, that there are no secrets before us".
-"What do you mean" - asked Alfred interested.
-"I mean you tell us everything that we supposed to know" - said slowly young man, sensing that question may be a trap - " you know, not every Minister in other countries would share so much with his own coutryman".
-"Indeed" - said Minister checking his watch - "are we there yet?".
-"Just a few minutes" - said quickly driver, and started to hunk. Meantime his passanger gone back to reading.

gazetawydanie1poprawkain2.jpg

New edition of Deutch Reich-Anzeiger
Alfred_Hugenberg.jpg

alfredingovermandpi0.jpg

Alfred Hugenberg, Minster of Security

The were late. Alfred shot from the car, and running he hit the man covered by clothes so much, that even his face was buried in them.
-"Guten Morgen Alfred" - said man - " nice to see you" - he took his scarf off his face.
Alfred recocnized him at one. - "Guten Morgen Krupp" - replied - " we are late!" - said not stopped running.
-"You can relax, Sir, the Chancellor will be late" - he said calmly - " he is at Our Great Wilhelm II right now, it will take a while." - said, and grabbed Alfreds elbow - " let go inside before mine moustaches will fell off". They no one, even body guard laughed. No one spoke, when they were climbing the stairs to theirs offices.
-"Well, see you at the meeting" - said Krupp, and followed by his body guards disapeared in his office. On stairs he spotted familiar face, but coulnd not recall who he was. Opened his door office disapeared to.
Hour later there was a knocking to his door.
-"Come in" - said sipping his hot coffee. Door opened, and there was his secretary telling, that meeting is about to start in 10 minutes. Without reply, he finished his coffee and went on second flour. While he was passing peaple, almost everyone had a copy of "Deutscher Reich-Azaiger" with his interview. He rised his eyes a little higher, and tried to stad straight, but his body refused. The hours in car made their job.
In office there was almost everybody already. Erich Reader, Chief of Navy, and Erich Ludendorff, Chief of staff, were talking standing next to slightly opened widow, smoking cigars. Chief of Air force, Robert Ritter von Greim, talking jokes to the rest of them. Gustav Krupp, Armaments Minister, had a straight face, but Constantin von Neurach acctually laugh. Alfred sat dawn on his seat. Reader cought his sight and nod, said immediatelly something to his Ludendorff. They watched him for a minute. Also Alfred noticed, that Greim stopped joking, and they all started talking. While he was watching them, they did not seem to notice him.
Then, there was a disturbance in the hollway. Every one new Who was coming. Everyone headed to their seat, noded man, who just entered the room. He was old looking man, but with vigour. Nodding back he took his place. He did not look at Alfred.
-"Gutten Tag, gentelman" - said Franz von Papen, the 22nd Chancellor of Germany - " sorry I am late, but the your majesty Wilhelm II Preßen himself wanted to see me immediately" - said, and sat down first time looking at Alfred. His look was serious.
-"Well, lets get down to nitty-gritty, shall we, I am sure you have better things to do right now, is it Gustav?" - sound of seriousness rised again.
-"Yes, of Sir. We still trying to avoid stagnation. That is why i ordered myself of constructing numerous of new factories, which will make our industry even more productive, and give job to those immigrants, who stayed." - said with his head risen up, and as sirious as he could - " datails you have before you, Sir". Chancellor rised the piece of paper from the others.

factorieswd5.jpg

Production queue of factories

-"Very well, but that is not enough." - said still his face having straight - "you do understand, that the Field Altilery and Tanks are not be able to construct their self. We need the factories to be more efficent. That is why I decided to dismiss you. I hope you do understand. Your country is greatfull for your duty so far." - finished his unsuccesfull speach. Realized that, got up and shaked Krupps' hand, and accompanied him to the door thanking him for his service. Then from Chancellors office entered a man with the moustache, with a nice suite and looking as sirious as Papen at the moment.
-"Guten Tag, Gentelman" - said - " my name is Hjalmar Schacht, please to meet you" - and he took the Krupps Chair.

20070927055357!Hjalmar_Schacht.jpg

Hjalmar Schacht, new Amraments Minister

-"Now." - said Papen, not looking at anybody - " please, that what will be said now, will not gone into public, understood?" - said, and slowly his eyes went on Alfred - "I want to talk with you about the meeting that I had with our ceasar. It was far from nice gentelman. " - said his voice rising - " becouse it concerned about one of you". Alfred started to look around, but everyone was looking at him, no one else. -" Alfred, my friend, what have you done?" - said with a trembling voice Papen - "You as a Minister of security shold know better. Telling such things in public, it is an outrage! You exposes us to enemies, and made the work for Neurath much harder." - he stopped for a second - "And the War will end in 40 days on one front?!?! Who told you that? Even I did not knew that, that indeed this was a initial plan!" - he was yelling right now - " who is that general Ludendorff?".
-"Do not know, Sir" - said calmly - " it could be every one from the general staff. The inquiry is taking place" - he looked at Alfred all this time - " but it was well known plan in 1910 developed to avoid 2-front war. We have similar plan, but details are, of course top secret." - finished.
-"Not now!" - yelled Chancellor - " every god damn dissent General in France or Russia will figure this thing out. It is a matter of time, mark my words!" - silence fall on chamber. No one spoke.
-"I always thought that it was a well known.."- started Alfred, but did not finished.
-"You thought wrong my firend. You better pray, that I have no right today" - said Chancellor, and covered his face with his hands.
Alfred got up and left. When he shut the Offices doors, man jump to him. -" Mr. Alfred, you will come with me" - said bold man. Alfred recognised him at once. It was hjalmar schacht, head of Intelligence.-"Great..." - thought, but obeyed. Schubert was Carl von Schubert with the man, who Alfred saw on the stairs when he was comming on the meeting. -"Let me introduce, Rudolf Diels, new Minister of Secuiry" - said Schubert smilling. All three left.

dielsus4.jpg
shubertyv8.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello every one. There is my first, but delayed many times, attemept to write an ARR. I hope it will be at least interesting to post your suggestions, corrections (especially laguage releted - My English BAD :wacko: ) etc. With no further ADO, i hope u enjoy it.

I am using this mod which i prefer most as the altenative history with skiff and some minor changes with ship names.

I play on Hard/furius. Hard only becouse i think it will be more "historic" in sense of (especially) research (infatry 41 in 01.01.1940 SIC!).

Last edited:
I haven't seen many AARs with the noWWI-mod, so I'll be following. :)

Me too. Grant will be happy with this AAR!

No.2 "Interrupted Meeting"
reichstagwinternk3.jpg

Reichstag, Berlin, 2.01.1936

Franz von Papen was very mad about yesterday. He cannot stopped thiniking about what his friend has done. He looked outside his car window. Watched poeple in their overcoats, hats and big scarfs around their face.
They arived at Reichstag late, but not as late as everyone else yesterday. He went out earlier this time. Followed by bodyguards headed towards main entrance. Near it there were standing two soldiers with their uniforms and big hairy caps. One of them saluted Chancellor, the other did not, but Papen did not noticed that. In the main hollway, he heard outside something like
- "..that will never happen again, UNDERSTOOD!.. YA WOHL!..".
In his office he sat down in his leathern chair, and saw bunch of papers on his desk. KNOCK.. KNOCK..
-"Come in" - said Papen looking towards the door. Woman got in, she was thin brunette with blue eyes, dressed in two-piece, with a smile on her face and papers in her hands.
-"Guten Morgen, Sir, the annual reports just came in, there are on Your desk.". Papen grunted. -"Also there is a Dissmisal form and Nomination froms to sign" - said secretary with a confidency -"and... Mr. Alfred Hugenberg wished to give you this to your hands, Sir" - she headed towards Papen, and handed the Red folder with hard covers.
-"Verry well, thank you Esmeralda, that would be all" - said with fake smile on his face. He signed all of them.

dismissalformsnd6.jpg

The dismissal Request, and new Appoitment Papres

He put them on the side along with the annual reports. He did not want to watch into that right now. He went towards a Bar to get a drink.
In the meeting office there were all required persons, even Carl von Shubert, Head of Inteligence was in the chamber. He had been very rare on the meetings. Reader with curiosity watched him and Rudolf Diels, new for him as for the others, talking turned back to the rest of attendence. Noise in the hallway alarmed everyone in the chamber. All of them were taking their seat. All, except Rudolf, who was suprised by behaviour of his speaker. It looked like Schubert was not listening him at all, and Rudolf just found out about it. Then Chancellor entered in, with eyes down. Rudolf joined the other.
-"Guten Tag, gentelman, please take your seats" - said Papen and sat down. Everybody followed him.
-"We will proceed with our matters. Please welcome again new members of Goverment - Hjalmar Schacht" - noded towards Krupps seat - "new Minister of Amraments, and " - he look at Rudlof - "Rudolf Diels, new Minister of Security. New members, welcome." - he said taking his eyes down again. - "Well, of the record, I believe that the lesson has been learned from yesterday, and the similar situation will not happen again." - said calmly as he could - "now Schacht, would you start please." - he looked at Hjalmar.
-"yes, thank you, Chancellor, and welcome you gentelman. I am sure we will be just fine. I would like to give you a little brief of my plans." - he said rapturously - "for years our industry is in the stagnation. The overall situation is good, but it can be much better. The overall productivity, from my calculations, could be risen at least by 10% and if we follow our plan of increasing industrial capacity by building new factories, it will be even more." - stopped Schacht looking for something in his notes.
-"Yes, Minister, but how you will do that, with shortage of rare materials and steel? - asked Ludendorff - " we stopped training new infatry divisions ages ago, we still spending metal for new ships, and constructing those factories will take a long of time, and.. ".
-"Not more then 2 years to be precise Minister Ludendorff" - Schacht interrupted - ", at full speed. It will be certainly less. You would new that, if you read yesterdays bulletin from the meeting." - his triumfed smile, and mad look on Lundendorff face told everything.
-"So what you sugesting with those resources?" - asked Reader - " we have new Ships under constructions, they must be finished on time".
-"I am sure that we can devote some of energy and supplies for resources that we need, and i think there we can find partners for trading." - Schacht finished his speach - " thank you, Gentelman" - sat down.
-"Thank you, Minister, i expect the full report concerning this matter in the next gathering." - said with courtesy Chacellor.
-"What is your opinion, Minister Neurath?" - Papen turn to Constatin von Neurath, Foreign Minister.
-"I share the Ministers view on this matter. There are numerous interesting offers that we can conclude." - said quickly Constatin.
-"Splendent. I expect full report on my desk tonight Gentelman. You have free hand at this." - said Papen looking to both Hjalmar and Constatin - "the voice is for our new Minister of Security, Mr. Diels, if you may..." - he waved at Rudolf.
-"Ehem, ehem..." - cleared his throad, and shoot to his feet - "thank you, Chacellor. First, I want to tell you all, that I will not disgrace my Country, and I will not let You down, Chancellor!" - saying that, he looked as he was performing some kind of act. He walked away the table, and started walking around by the other end, opposite Papen - "our approach for telling peaple things is... uneven. We must take into account what should tell, and what not. I do not think that people have to know.. well for example how many spies we have, or how many wars we ommited" - Schubert acctually smiled - "but the fact that our Nation have a great reputation, or another great discovery had out sciencist should be on the first pages, not only ours , but even on Russians newpapers.".
-"So you want us to not tell the truth, Minister?" - Ludendorff spoken again.
-"Of course not, Minister, tell the truth, but not danger our security." - said with selfconfidence Rudolf. Schubert smiling, waited for Ludendorff response. There was not any.
-"I, Ceaser, and Head of Intelligence here, along with Chancellor" - bowed slightly to Papen - " we belive that knowing what could be said, and that now, must be pointed out, researched first those things. I will, along with Mr.Schubert here, prepering such a reports of "forbbiden truth" to you all, and Chancellor agreed, that we all should follow this." - saing that, he headed back to his chair, sat down, but looking for reactions. But there was not any. Reader only smiled, Ludendorff only sway his head right and left in disbelive, Neurath was staring at Chacellor for response.
-"Yes thank you, Minister" - said Chancellor - "if there is not any other matter at hand" - started quickly looking toward Ludendorff, and Reader - " We will finish here Gentelman. The reports that Minister Diels spoke about will have clause "Top Secret" and you will receive it at your offices. I excpect reports from you all by the end of 9.00 this evening. Next meeting is about in 6 months time. Thak you. That wuold be all. Auf Wiedersehen." - said Chancellor, and shaking hands with Ministers, that he passed by, he went to his office, where he spent rest of the day working, as usual.

ludendorfreportww5.jpg

readersreportsf7.jpg

tradescy7.jpg

offerspresented2re3.jpg

Last edited:
@Storm501: I also havent seen to much AARs with this mod, which, after small fixes (im using beta version) will be great MOD.

@TheConqueror:Cool. I hope u enjoy.

@Kurt_Steiner: Mine not. He always complained more on Germans. Maybe because he lived near Bialystok. They took his horses during WW I.But in this mod that "didint happend" so who knows.

No.3 Unexpected Quest

papensmansionxv5.jpg

Franz von Papenz masion, Berlin

Cold, dark evening. Franz von Papens' mension just outside Berlin. Old fashion, with a lots of in style rooms. It looked like time stopped in 1888 there, but the sign like radio or Telefunken TV standing in the special room for it made a diffrence. Papen in his office, reading, smoking cigar, heard sound of car pulling out his drive way. He was louder then suppose to, becouse of ice, and snow outside. There was snowing for 2 days now. He did not heard knocking, but he knew some one had came in. The door shut loudly becouse of strom. Papen stopped reading thinking who could it be? KNOCK.. KNOCK..
-"Come in" - said pretending to be reading.
His butler opened the door.
-"There is gentelman waiting in salon, Sir" - said slowly Friedrich.
-"Who is it?" - asked still behind his book.
-"He refuses to give his name. He said only that it is urgent, and he need to speak with you" - said again slowly, just as the first time.
-"I will be in the moment." - said Papen, and closing his book added - "Make out guest comfortable.".
-"Already did, Sir" - said quite quickly, sounded offended, and left.
Papen got up, put his jacket on, and went downstairs. In salon there was a bold man near the fireplace smoking cigarette. That was Carl von Schubert. He was wathing on the big Bismarck portet just above fireplace.
-"Guten Tag." - said Papen.
-"Guten Tag, chacellor" - said Schubert smilling a little. They shaked hands.
-"Why you wanted to see me, Minister?" - Schubert smilled a little wider.
-"Minister." - reapeted - "ah, yes. Well I prefer not to be Minister today. Rather soldier, general.. spy." - replied - "I wanted talk with you, Chancellor, in person. The meeting that we have should not be told to any one. Not even ceasar." - Papen piped another cigare.
-"Well you have, as a head of intelligence, quite great authority written in the bill as a head of intelligence, which by the way, our goverment prepered. So I do know. Please, could it not be handled in my office today?" - answered very strictly.
-"No." - smilled Carl - " it is very gentle matter. As chacellor know for what I'm responsible for, then it should be clear it couldn't" - replied ruthlessly Carl - "it is national matter, so let me get to the point, if i may?..." - waited for Chancellor reaction Carl.
Chancellor was furius, but nor expressed that or said anything. He was staring at Schubert with a straight face.
-"OK. "- continued Carl - "as chancellor know, we are gathering information from coutries from various recources. But they are mostly unrelible. I think we need to create a new deparment, and should have new kind of information recources." - stoppped.
-"Like a spy, Minister?" - said still furious Papen.
-"Yes of course. Times like this should be faced adequately. We need them, and we need them now. Before other do that first." - said not smiling any more Schubert.
-"Hmmm..." - Papen rage faded. Carl was right.
-"I already took some steps, but to initiate the whole procedure, I need founds." - said Carl like it was the average sentence.
-"I do not think we can devote..." - Papen started, but Schubert interupted.
-"Excuse me Sir, we can, and we MUST, if we don't want to stay behind. I can not tell you everything, but you should know, that every Mark not spet now, will be spent in doubled, trippled amounts every month. Chancellor can count on that." - said Schubert, bending toword Chancellor.
-"Very well. But I must know everything. And I mean EVERYTHING! In return I give you free hand here." - said Papen, this time he was smiling. Carl got up.
-"Thank you Chancellor. You will not regred this!" - they shaked hands.
On the next day in Papens office in Reichstag. On his desk there was envelope, plombed and with clause "Genau Geheim". Papen opened it. There was small note in it.

schubertsreportua6.jpg

Schuberts intelligence note

No.4 English Sorrow

Papen in his house office reading todays "Deutch Reich-Anzeiger", listening to the radio, which was somewhere in the corner of the room. Some brand new song was on. But he was not intersted at that one. -"Melody, words.. what a terrible song" - he thought, and focused more on reading. On the first page there was an article about new potential jobs opening in east and south Germany. Thousands of workers will be needed for constructing, and then working in new factories.
-"That's good writing. At least they stopped drilling staff about that "World War"" - thought Papen. Then that terrible song vanished, and there was a familliar music announcing that news are on. Papen stopped reading, started listening again. Menly voice in radio started quickly:
-"From this morning, whole Britain and their commonwealth, are in big sorrow due to death of their King George the 5th. We don't know the pricise couse of death, but it is well know, that his Majesty was strugling with numerous desises recently. Prime Minister of England declared the one week of National Mourning. This is trully ..." - Papen put down cigare, quickly got up to his feet, and grabbed the phone.
-"Hello, Chancellor Papen, please put Minister Constantin on the line. Now!" - said impatiently.
-"Yes, Sir, right away..."- heard Papen what said in a little voice secretary.
-"Hello Chancellor " - said Constatin - " I assume that Chancellor is listening to the radio right now." - said with a very seriuos voice, but calmly Constantin.
-"Yes, I am. Why I find out about it from the radio, not from You Minister?" - there was silence in Papens receiver for a moment - "Do we know at least when he died. And please tell me, that we are not last to know." - said Papen.
-"No, not at all" - said at once, Constanting sensing a trap - "the private things like health is always kept secret there. We had no idea. I'm sure that most of the english to. I will instruct our abassador in London to send a immadiatle note from our Office, and I will arrange a meeting with Ceaser Wilhelm. We need set up delegation as soon as possible. They will not wait with funeral." - said Constantin, sensing that Chacellor was calling for this kind of information.
-"Very well, very well" - said Papen quitly - "but I wish to be in this delegation, as well as you." - said Papen, now thinking that he was talking obvious things.
-"Certainly, Sir" - replied Constating, rather courtesly - "I will contact You after my meeting with Ceasar is over.".
-"I will be waiting. After that, give an interview or something. We must seem to care. Auf Wiedersehen."
-"Auf Wiedersehen, Chancellor".
Papen turned off radio, got another cigare, sat down and sinked in his thoughts.

geov450tk1.jpg

King George V

deathofkinggeorgeeventaz4.jpg

Death of King George V Event

On the next day, Papen in his home with the "Deutch Reich-Azeiger" in his hands. Of course it was all about yesterdays event.

gazetafakekingdeathol1.jpg

King George Death article in "Deutche Reich-Azeiger"

Papen finished reading like 10 minutes ago, but was thinking hard about opportunities, that this event can bring. His thoughts were disturbed by phone ringing. He picked.
-"Hallo, Chancellor Papen".
-"Hello, Sir, Minister Constatin speaking. Everything is set. Ceasar will be the head of delegation, he will be giving speach, and Chancellor will have a meeting with English Prime Minister afterwards." - said with one breath Constantin.
-"Did Ceasar accepted your proposal?" - asked Papen.
-"Yes, of course. Everything is set on the last button" - insured Constantin, sensed that Chancellor was expecting just that.
-"Lets be it. For when the funeral is planned?".
-"The ceremony will start in 6 days. But i recommend, that our delegation will arrive at funeral it self, which is scheduled in 7 days time." - said with calm, but firm voice Constating.
-"I trust Your judgment in this, Minister. Proceed." - said Papen. And sunk in his thought again.
The whole ceremony was organised perfectly. There were references to King Georges service in Navy, his war-free rule period. He was cried by many. Column with his coffin travelled throught whole London. On every corner, of every street, near column route, there was a crowd of peaple, murining theirs Monarch. On the streets flowers covering the way in front of Him. Military orchestra, Navy representation squad, and among them, right after Kings coffin, foreign heads of states with their wifes, forming the line.
The column arrived at St George's Chapel. They brought the coffin in, and put it on the middle of the temple. Just in front of the bishops from all shires. Ceremony was long. Speach of Bishop of Yorkshire was the longest. Outside peaple were standing, to say good bye to their ruler. There were flowers around chapel. This clearly shown, that they were saying good bye to an era. An era, that they liked.

geovfuneral09me4.jpg

The Lying-in-State at Westminster Hall, London

geovfuneral02ch5.jpg

The Funeral Procession passes
the Queen Victoria statue in Windsor

geovfuneral10600ko5.jpg

The Cortege procedes down to Lower Ward and turns right into
The Horseshoe Cloisters and St George's Chapel

geovfuneral05kk8.jpg

Foreign Heads of State follow the Funeral Cortege through the streets of Windsor

geovfuneral08dl3.jpg

The coffin lies on the catafalque in St George's Chapel

1936flowersgeovfuneral4jy2.jpg

Floral Tributes beside St. George's Chapel

After the ceremony, just as Foreign Minister Constantin arranged, there was hold short meeting between English Prime Minister Stanley Baldwin, and Chancellor Franz von Papen. Papen with Constating eneterd to 10 Downing Street alone. They headed, guided by some man through holway, to some chamber with very comfortable sofa, chimney surrounded with quite small widnows from both sides. There was fire in it. Papen, and Constating sat down. Just few minutes after, a men enters. He was wearig a black tux, but not the same as on the funeral. He had a confident look on his face.
-"Good Morning, Gentelman" - he bowed with courtesy. Papen did the same.
-"Good Morning, Prime Minister" - started Constatin -" Again, please take condolences from The Peaple of the Reich." - said Constain with the hand behind his back.
-"England is greatfull for your attendence in ceremony, Gentelman. It is shame, that you could not make for the whole ceremony." - said, still full of confidence PM on his face.
-"Yes, Ceasar Wilhelm could not be able to arrive sooner. He sufferd a lot by this event" - said Constatin with assurance on his.
-"Of course. I understand." - smilled a little Baldwin - "So shall we..." - he pointed on the comfortably looking sofa, waiting to his quest be seated - "I am so pleased, that You agreed to this meeting, brandy?" - asked PM holding the bottle about to pour a glass.
-"No thanks. Let just go to the point" - said Constatin, not asking Chancellor - "We are interested to have a good relations with Your Country. I assume that we can show to each other, some kind of action to conclude those relations" - said firmly Constatin - "Chancellor thinks, that both, German Reich, and Great Britain can guard the safety of democracy from Absolutists, Social Liberal and alike threads around the World."
-"Well, we looking forward to that, Minister. Prepare some offer, and we certainly will consider, as worth acceptance." - said PM, with the same tone as Constatin. The meeting not lasted long, and nothing came out of it, except the assurance of new deals, and mutual friendship. Baldwin took his quest all the way to the exit, where they said goodbye.
-"Next time, I will be talking, and you will be my translator, Constatin" - said furiously Papen. Papen crearly was not satisfied by the outcome of this meeting - "You said, that they are keen to negotiote.".
-"And yet they are. Trust me, Chancellor. In few days you will see first results, Sir." - said with condidency Constatin, and got to his limousine. Papen did the same.

baldwinandpapen2qd3.jpg

From left: Papen, Baldwin, in the back Constatin, before 10 Downing Street entrance

In Berlin, after the trip, Papen went straight home. Cesaer Wilhelm stayed for coronation ceremony. The new King of England : Edward VII of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. Minister Constantin gave a little brief to Papen on the plane back to Germany.

kingviizi9.jpg

New King Of the Great Britain and commonwealth

-"Is that all?" - asked Papen.
-"Yes, but I will monitor Him, and let you know, when I find out something new, Sir" - said Constantin, hoping that this will satify Papen.
-"Very well, Minister. England..." - said Papen, looking throuth the plane window - ".. tell me more about that country. The current goverment, their industry. I want to know everything You know." - said Papen, watching beautiful clouds.
Constantin watched closely Chancellor.
-"Sir, but it will take a while."
-"Don't worry, we are at Netherlands. We have time, Minister."
-"Well..." - and Neurath started saying all he could think of right know about England.

englandinfo12la0.jpg

England overall information

englandinfo3firstgu1.jpg
englandinfo2jg7.jpg
englandinfo4ma3.jpg

The Baldwin Stuff Office

No.5 "The End of an Era"

29.01.1936. Wednesday Morning,

Chancellor Franz von Papen was resting after recent trip to Britain. It was 29th of January now, and new month is about to happen. Papen always liked fresh starts, new ideas, changes. Stagnation, that germany sure have right now, made him to suffer from insomnia. Knocking to the door, distracted him from his thoughts about meeting with Baldwin two days earlier.
-"Todays newspaper, Sir." - said butler, put the newspaper on the desk, and left. Papen got up, took his newspaper. The big title, and first sentence from main article in Deutch Reich-Anzeiger woke him up enteirly.
-"Great. That is the thing, we need right now..." - said at loud Papen, and started to read.

newpaperreadychinese1wadz1.jpg

Segment from new edition of "Deutch Reich-Anzeiger "

eventbh9.jpg

On the next day,

War in far east was not interesting in Germany. Only National Deutch Reich-Azeiger gave an article about that event, and after that nothing came out about it. World did not reacted in any way. Even Qing Empire. War seemed not exist at all. Mean time in Papens office, Head of Intelligence, Calr von Schubert, was on the meeting with Chancellor Papen. He insisted for this meeting very much.
-"Chancellor, I gave You reports about my intelligence reports activity, and now I really want to perform new big actions, against our potential foes." - stopped for a moment Schubert, looking for Papens interest - "That will require more founds, as You surely know, and I must ask You for them. It must be kept secret. None from goverment except You and me should know about it".
-"And Diels?" - interrupted Papen.
-"Well, Diels cooperate with me, he do not know everything, couse he do not have to. Better for all of us, that as few peaple as possible will know about this." - said Schubert, lightning another cigarette.
-"What do you mean?" - asked curoius Papen - "about what?"
-"I will try, to expand our intelligence office. It will broaden our intelligence activities, to perform new espionage techniques. We must seek for new ways, otherwise it will make less effective. I am ansuring You, Chancellor, that in few Years this will make our country much more safe." - ended Papen making himself as comfortable as he could, on Papens sofa.
-"What amout of Marks are we talking about, Mr. Schubert?" - asked Papen thinking.
-"Here. All the Numbers. Costs." - Carl got up, and handed small folder from his black briefcase. The same kind of folder, that he got few weeks ago. The "TOP SECRET" kind. Papen opened up intrigued.

spy2bi0.jpg

spy1hr0.jpg

Espionage costs

It is a little out of our abilities right now. You know that we facing stagnation, and unempl..." - Papen did not finished.
-"Yes. But we can face much more horrible things in future, then having 5 milion unemployed, Sir" - obviously Schubert known this numbers. Papen did not looked offended by Carls behaviour. Rather, got him convienced, that he may be right.
-"Ok. I will see what can be done. I will contact You by the end of this week." - Papen got up, and shaked Carl hand for goodbye, taking folder with him. Right after Schubert left, he made a call to Constantin von Neurath, Foreign Minister.
-"Listen, my friend." - started Papen - "We need to talk. We need to get foreign wealth, and quickly. We must devote some of our production for that. Talk to Hjalmar and, please arrange some deals. Details you will receive on your desk tommorow." - said briefly chancellor.
-"Something wrong? I think we handle our budget quite well?" - said in suprised tone Constantin.
-"New matter came up, that have to be handled. I think those deals would not be a problem." - said hoping that Constantin will confirm that.
-"Well, yes Franz, but I do not think that Hjalmar will be happy. His construction plan will suffer from that." - said Neurath.
-"I'm not happy either, but it has to be done!" - said a little to loud Papen.
-"Ok, Franz, as you wish. The concluded offers you will receive by the end of the week. I hope that is OK?" - asked Constanting, not sure of the answer.
-"Perfect. Good luck." - Papen put down receiver.
-"Milion of Reich Marks. And now! What is he planning?" - thought Papen, still now entirly convienced about Schuberts plan.

05.02.1936, Wednesday Morning, Berlin

On the end of the week, in Reichstag, on the morning, as Papen got to his office, there were notes from Constantin von Neurath and Hjalmar Schacht, Armaments Minister.

dealsoa1.jpg

Constantin von Neuraths deal report

schachtps0.jpg

Hjalmar Schacht daily bilans report

Papen was not entranced. But he has security for his country on the one hand, and stagnation on the other. He had to choose. He only hoped that it will not damage goverments reputation.
-"Nevertheless, Schubert is a professional, and he knows what he is doing." - thought Papen - "and above all, he always is right for now." - he was convincing himself. At last with havy hand, Papen wrote a note to Schubert, and put it in the envelope, and sealed it with stamp.

envelopeonthedeskbwex2.jpg

Papens "Top Secret" note to Schubert, Head of Intelligence

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, as You see, I am trying in this AAR some techniques new for me. Like creating plot, and making more comfortable using Photoshop, and English as well. I try not to overdo with everyrhing, to make AAR more interesting, not boring. So please, tell me your opinions. I do not want to write for myself.

Cheers

It's Qing dynasty! ... but anyway, this AAR seems very interesting, and it's one of the few "peace to end all peace's" mod aars, am I right?

I cannot correct that now. But thanks for noticing. I did not, even though I have read it 2 times before saving. :(

I choosed this mod only becouse there is not many AARs with it. It has still some bugs, which I had to spend some time to handle. Still I am thinking of putting new events to it, to make it more interesting. The main problem for me is AI, especially my potential foes. But I have played till 1940 with Japan with this mod, and I have say that outcome was pretty interesting.

Stay tuned ;)

No.6 "Abwehrs Bait"

No.6 "Abwehrs Bait"

06.02.1936, Friday Evening, Papens office in Reichstag,

-"So, my friend, You still intend to go on these games? I do not think, that we should support them in any way." - said Papen to Constantin, Foreign Minister.
-"It is advisable to do so, Franz" - said Neurath with a friendly tone - "Russia is still worlds superpower, and for years they did not shown agressive behaviour."
-"Yes" - said Papen, rising his eyes to his speaker - "what about rebelions in Finland? What about the minorities there, like Ukrainians or Georgians? What is it with you Constantin? It seems that You stopped thinking in a democratic way. " - Papen took his sight out of Neurath.
-"How can You think that, Franz. You know me for all these years. I am a foreign minster. My resposibility is to take opportunities and threads into account, when making my policy. It is not every time, that decisions that I make, correspond to my ideas. I cannot afford to do that. You however, must do the opposite, to balance. It has been working for some time now. See? " - stopped Neurath, not looking at Papen either. They stayed in silence for a moment.
-"Do You see my fiend, any possible chance of change in Russia?" - asked Papen, breaking the tension.
-"No. Not at the moment. See, their Monarch, Nicholas II Romanov, rules this country as a successor. And it will not seems to change for now. The head of government Vladimir Kokovstov, must obey Nicholas as a King. It is stricly Absolutist policy. His office is moslty incompetent. It is far from democracy , as it can." - finished Constantin with less of enthusiasm then at the begging. He sensed that it was't the answer, that Papen would like to hear. Althouth he seemed to know these fact pretty well - "I will have a meeting with theirs opposition, to give them our support."
-"Very well. I am tired. I will go home. I wish You good luck. And bring as many medals as You can." - said Papen for ending.
-"Well, that is not my job, Franz" - smiled Constantin. And left.

22873906ct6.jpg

Olympic games in Russia commence

russiangovernmentfr2.jpg

russiangovernment2wb0.jpg

Government Of Russia

10.02.1936, Monday Morning, somewhere in Berlin,

Everything was set. The old Berlin Headquarters was now in their magnificence once again. One quard with his machingun, did not make an impression. But it was suppose to look that. Building had a new purpose. It was headquarters of Intelligence now. Schuberts car arrived first time at the gates. Soldier saluted, and gate opened the gate. Carls car stopped at the main enterence, and he got out of the car.
-"Nice" - he smiled, and entered the building.

siedzibaabwehrybv2.jpg

New Abwehr headquarters

-"Mr. Schubert, how nice to see You, Sir, I am Stieler, Klaus Stieler, your new assistant" - said man with glasses, a little skiny, running toward him - "right this way please."
-"Everything in order, Klaus?" - snapped Carl
-"Of.. Of course, Sir" - he hesiteted, and corrected his glasses.
-"Well... Are we sure?" - provoked Schubert, still following him throuth the hallway.
-"Yes. I choosed the perfect candidates for internal counter espionage. I am sure you will pick some one from list I have put on your desk. Also we are looking for new faces, as You ordered. There was few responses for that." - said very briefly Stieler. He quided Schubert to his office. There was bunch of folders, all with "Top Secret" sign.
-"Very nice" - he thought.

Schubert got familiar with Stielers candidates. He picked nine, rest of foldeers destroyed in shredder. He called for Klause. He entered to his office at once.
-"Yes, Sir" - the pen, and piece of paper in his ready for Schuberts command.
-"Put that down. I don't need secretary. I need the assistant." - smiled a little Carl.
-"As You wish, Sir." - answered Klaus, as it was another typical request.
-"Here. I think those nine will do the trick. Rest of them, are to risky." - nodded toward his desk Schubert, where folders was lying, lightning cigarette - "this one put to service immadietelly. I know him from military. He will the right man for this job" - said, and handed the folder to Klaus.
-"Of course. He will get all support he will need" - said Stieler, getting these folders - "Oh. There is a Man, who we talked about this morning, waiting for You, Sir. I think you should see him personally. Here, this is his file". - carl read it.
-"Ok. Let him in" - said Carl, hiding some papers to his drawer. A young men entered. He was poor dresed, skiny, but not as much as Stieler. He was holding todays newspaper. Carl was staring at him curiously.
-"Please, take a seat" - said pointing at the chair in front his desk - "How can I help You?" - his smile appeared on his face again.
-"Yes, I replied on the job offer in "Deutch Reich-Anzeiger" as jurnalist by phone, and Mr. Schmidt" - men pointed on the door, having in mind Klaus - "and he said, that I should come on interview today." - said men, looking around Carls office.
-"Yes. Let forget about that, for a moment, cigarrete?" - Carl offered men his own.
-"No, Sir, Thanks." - said, without any jitter men.
-"Ok. I want to hear everything about You first, Mr....".
-"Philip Beauvais-Russo, Sir." asnwered men - "half Italian half French. Carls smile just broadened. - "Really?"
-"Yes, Sir. I speak fluent French, and Italian..."
-"And German of course" - Carl interrupted him. Philip did not know what to answer.
-"Yes, Sir, more then it was required in add." - said Philip, pointing at newspaper.
-"Ok. Go on.." - encouraged Carl.
-"Well, I growed up in Corsica, finished University of Venezia, and emigrated to Munich after that. I work in a restaurant where I dp dishes." - finished Philip, but not ashamed. He looked rather keen on Carls response.
-"I see, and your parents. Who they are?"
-"My mother and father are simple farmers, Sir. I had to work first, to get to the University in Italy. But I got lucky. I was an French soldier, for a year." - Carl, still smiling, interrupted.
-"And your real father... Where is he ?".
-"What do you mean, Sir? He is a farmer." - said Philip a little confused.
-"No, your step-father is. What about your real father. This French?" - asked Carl looking at young men very closely.
-"How.. how do you know.." - and then he noticed the peace of paper on Carls desk, which he reffered a lot - "What is going on?"
-"See, Mr.Beauvais, we know quite a lot about you. And, if you interested, I have very interesting offer for you... Philip." - Carl got up, and sat on desk, near his guest.
-"You are not the newspaper redaction, then?"
-"No. We are not..." - said Carl laughing - "We are something like, let say, organization seeking the truth, and things that our foes are thinking about. Like jurnalists, but under cover." - Schubert put out his cigarette - "And we need the peaple like You, Mr. Beauvais. Peaple, who can deliver such informations, and sometimes prevent evil on the foes side." - finished, and gone back to his seat - "If you interested, Mr. Schmidt will give you all the details You need."
Now there was clear for Philip what kind a job was it. But months spent in restaurant as dish-washer without any perspective was made him miserable. He did not speak. He stared at Carl, don't know what to say.
-"Please, You don't have to answer now. Take your time. Think about it. And I assuring you, that Germany will be generous, if you decide." - Carl walked his guest to his door.
-"Mr. Schmidt. Please instruct this young men, where to apply, when he decides to accept the offer. Then come to my office." - Carl said good bye to Philip, and shoot his door. Few minutes after, there was knocking to Carls door. Stieler entered, looking concerned a little.
-"He is uncertain, Sir." - he said.
-"I know. But these are more faithfull when they decide. Follow him. If he attempts to leave Germany, kill him. Make it as an accident. And monitor everyone he meets" - said Carl with one breath.
-"Yes, Sir." - said Philip, and headed toward the door.
-"Hey, Schmidt" - yelled Carl after him - "great idea with this newspaper. I am glad to have you as my assistant" - said Carl smiling at him. Klaus smiled back, and left.

eventespionagegl1.jpg

New interior spy in Germany

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will not spend so much time on every single event that I have. But i will try to create some espionage plots. The thing that I have always wanted to do. I hope that I'm not boring guys/girls who read my first AAR attempt ;)

Last edited:
Keep it up; there's a distressing lack of AARs about God's Imperial Majesty.

Keep it up; there's a distressing lack of AARs about God's Imperial Majesty.

and i am about to change that now. Who knows. Maybe Germany will be "sheriff of the World" :D

Yay, no more spies!
Das Reich is sicher!

Spies is a plot, which I have always wanted to write about. But I will not focus on that.

Das Reich ist nicht sicher. Wait and see :cool:

No.7 "New Opportunity at Far East"

21.02.1936, Friday Morning, Berlin,

Papen arrived in Reichstag a little later as usual. The one week of free time, when he spent in resort in Alps with his beloved wife Martha von Boch-Galhau, made him unwilling to get up this morning. He headed straight to his office on the second floor. Stairs was uneasy obstucle to beat, but he managed to do it with no sweat. He was on first floor, when he saw the head of Intelligence, Carl von Schubert, with Rudolf Diels, Minister of Security. Theirs eyes all met.
-"Guten Morgen, Chancellor" - started Schubert. They shook hands.
-"Chancellor, Guten Morgen." - said from behind Diels.
-"Minister" - noded toward Diels Papen - "So. How your project advancing. I heared, that there are no problems, what so ever."
-"Yes. None at all. In few months, everything should go much faster. I was just on the meeting with Minster Diels, to familiarize Him with new procedures." - Diels still at the back, was reading something.
-"Very well. I awaiting for results Mr. Schubert. I hope, I do not have to wait to long." - said Papen, and gone upsters.
Work in office was not overwhelming. Few standart protocols to sign, and authorize new contracts with no particular importance, overall worth only few hunderd thousend Reich Marks. Just another "standart" day as a Chancellor of Reich.

offersse7.jpg

Offer proposals in Frebruary

Papen signed them and left home.

28.02.1936, Alps

Suny day was on over the Apline mountains. Neurath and Papen was amazed by this view. Somewhere in the valley, they saw someone paitning. They whatched him for a long time know with silence. Finally, Constantin turn to Chancellor.
-"You were right, Franz. It was worth it." - Papen did not said anything.

obrazniemieckiegomalarzgg4.jpg

Sketch of the painter of Aplien Mountains

Later, the same day, in "Garmisch Partenkirchen" restort,

garmischpartenkirchenreug9.jpg

Resort near Garmisch Partenkirchen

-"So, what is the matter, that you wanted to present to me, Constantin." - said Papen, seating in very comfortable chair, cigare in his one hand, and the glass of wine in the other - "I hope it is these offers again. I don't know, why you bother me with those, anyway." - said Papen, but calmly. Neurath laughted.
-"Well, they maybe do not matter to us, but to the peaple, who propose them, they sure do. And we should make an impression of the partner which is worth to make bussines with. We do not making friends by trade, but we can make enemies by not doing it. " - explained Constantin.
-"I suppose You right, my friend." - said Papen in bored tone - "So anyway, what is it then?"
-"I got a telephone from our abassador from Shanghai, who talked with ambassador in Tokyo, that Japanese Goverment along with Emepror, took down, the generals demands to follow imeprial path." - said Constantin taking a sip of wine - "We do not know, if these informations are 100% true, but the same information got Ambassodor from Aurio-Hungary. I thing, we can treat it as a fact, and act."
-"Hmm... Well if it is the truth, that is certainly good news. It is nice to have an Ally at far ease.- said Papen, and lowered his eyes thinking.
-"I would not be so optimistic yet. They are still isolated from rest of the world significantly, and they need quite a lot time, to adjust." - said Constating shaking his head - "Maybe in few months, Years. But not know." - Neurath put down his glass. He noticed that fire in the fireplace slowly exhausted. He stared for a minute. After a while continued.

japangoingwithpacificow1.jpg

Japan wants a road of peace

headsjapanhi2.jpg

japanesegovernmentrestre3.jpg

The Keisuke Office

Btw, what colonies do you still own in Asia?

Well, basicly my borders did not changed from 1914. except i own Shanghai.

But these colonies are not resoucefully significant, and, since You mentioned it, I have quite different plan for them. -> Soon. :D

It concerns also the all other countries, with some minor exceptions. There will be chapters about that. -> Soon :cool:

Cool :D