• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is pretty much what I have seen. If attacker can’t use till after the war when they acquire the system, nothing changed. I just have not had the situation to watch a gate in a fully occupied system.

With relay spam being dirt cheap gateways are less important. There use is relegated to trade bridges to your remote holdings.
nah, they're still the BETTER highways. it's just you now don't need them in EVERY system anymore, I used to make a cellphone network of them, but now they'll just be the internet backbone with branches of relays in between

nah, they're still the BETTER highways. it's just you now don't need them in EVERY system anymore, I used to make a cellphone network of them, but now they'll just be the internet backbone with branches of relays in between
With gateways, tech, admiral traits, green gas buff, strategic coordination center and jump drives travel was never an issue mid to late game.

Relay spam ruins the travel time dynamic that made wars more strategic. Relays are a big mistake.

Hit and run warfare is ruined.

Reactions:
well, definetly i think gateway much better than the hyper relays, secially now the enemy can't use and abuse it anymore like before

I'd love the relays to be rethink somehow...like, you choose which system you want travel as long it has another relay on it and not being blocked by another fleet on the route

Last edited: