• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't own a smart phone...it makes very little sense for someone who's deaf to bother owning a smartphone.

I was just wondering, after I've done everything required to get the extra content for CK2, how do I check that it is actually there?

When you launch CK2, there should be a DLC tab you can click on to see extra content for CK2. I believe you can check you have content from Chronicles you can check to see if you have the new song from having the content and then you should get a random event of the other events. The new song is Guy De Roses Quandry and if you go into your Steam/SteamApps/Common/Crusader Kings II/ Gamebook/ Music this will show up in here and this is a good indication that the extra content from Chronicles has been added to your CKII game.

As far as I know, there are two major events if you're playing as a ruler. One (EventID - GBC.100) deals with something like a love triangle between you and the spouse of a vassal - it has a random chance to occur if you're getting married. The second (EventID - GBC.1) deals with mourning for a close family member and the family drama that accompanies it - it has a random chance to occur if your sibling or parent's sibling dies. There are some events if you're playing as the vassal (from what I can tell, looking through the events file), but so far I haven't seen them.

As for the song, it's "Guy de Rose's Quandary". There's no limiter on it - it can play at any time.
So how do I download the xtra content? I tried to look for it in the launcher but can't find anything relating to it and if I try to run the event GBC.1 or GBC.1000 it returns error of no such event?

EDIT: Never mind I hadn't realized that the GBC part was case senstive

Last edited:
So how do I download the xtra content? I tried to look for it in the launcher but can't find anything relating to it and if I try to run the event GBC.1 or GBC.1000 it returns error of no such event?

EDIT: Never mind I hadn't realized that the GBC part was case senstive

I'm not seeing anything either. I bought the mobile game on Android and signed in with my Paradox account but it doesn't even look like signing in does anything and the mobile game doesn't even show you if you're signed in or not since it continuously just shows your email and telling you to enter your password even after it loads checkpoints. There's no indication on steam or the paradox account settings about any extra content either.

So, I'd rather read this ebook on my Kindle, like all the other Paradox ebooks. I guess I won't be reading this one. Too bad. Seems a shame that you can't just sell the book like you've been doing. Why buy a whole new reader for books we've already bought and loaded into Kindle to have this one? That would be crazy. I'm on Kindle and that's that. Thanks for thinking of us, first. It's the thought that counts.

If in the future the Chronicles & song are added to Steam, I'll certainly get them. I always support Paradox. I just hate games on my smartphone. All the push notifications, notification bar, etc. are redundant for people who are on pc all day. Idk about Iphones, but on Android I feel like I'm my phone's secretary. I get notifications for every even on my phone and on my pc at the same time. It's insane. And, phone games are usually no fun. This might be the exception, idk. But, I will follow it to see if it's later offered for pc. Thanks again.

It's not actually a typical phone game. It's a interactive book. Do you know them from earlier? 'Blablabala... If you want to open the door go to 123, page 20; if you don't want to open the door go to 36, page 5'

Very unlikely something like this will be offered for PC.

Interesting, I always wondered how you can get these events if you own Crusader Kings: Chronicles. I usually play single player and haven't encountered these events except for the soundtrack.

Interesting, I always wondered how you can get these events if you own Crusader Kings: Chronicles. I usually play single player and haven't encountered these events except for the soundtrack.
If you play online (so the are activated) they happen randomly, basically if your is male you character will fall in love with a married woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.