• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Haval the Mede

Recruit
Apr 3, 2020
Hallo
I am hving an issue with freezing.
sometimes it stops and stay freezed for minutes before it continues.
i can click everything and music plays,it is just game becomes freezed at a certain Date.
it is frustrating
pls help

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/pdx_settings.txt.
From your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/logs/ folder, attach system.log .

I see nothing in there to explain that, I am sorry. I guess try putting the game in borderless mode.

Please report the temperatures of your CPU and video (GPU)
1/ before starting the game up and
2/ after say 10 minutes' play.
If your PC's vendor has given you no way of reading temperatures, install
SPEEDFAN http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

I have the same issue: GUI works well, buttons can be clicked, but nothing happened on click, time is freezed, CPU usage grows to 30-50% at these moments.

Attachments

• pdx_settings.txt
    5,2 KB · Views: 2
  • DxDiag.txt
    114,7 KB · Views: 7
  • save_game.zip
    12,6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I have a similar problem.
Since the 550th years after the beginning of the war, the strongest friezes of the game appear. Sometimes the game "unfreezes" itself, but more often I restart the game, but this does not fix anything. Now I playing for Persia. I haven't tried other countries yet.

I am having the exact same problem. I am playing as Rome and the problem started around the date 1050 AUC. Presently, the game runs a few days and then freezes. Sometimes, the game will unfreeze and run a few more days, but eventually time freezes completely. All other game functions work fine.

Really, so any game started like that has this? Others are okay?
Yes
I played Egypt,Judea,Iceni,
For long Periods and i only get the Freeze with Media Atropatene especially when i expand like 300 years into game.
Don't know why and i only want to play Media,i find it most fun.
Side Question:
Is there any way i can keep the name Of the Empire Media when reaching Tier 3 instead of Persia?
Is there any mode or way to do this?

I have a similar problem.
Since the 550th years after the beginning of the war, the strongest friezes of the game appear. Sometimes the game "unfreezes" itself, but more often I restart the game, but this does not fix anything. Now I playing for Persia. I haven't tried other countries yet.
I am having the exact same problem. I am playing as Rome and the problem started around the date 1050 AUC. Presently, the game runs a few days and then freezes. Sometimes, the game will unfreeze and run a few more days, but eventually time freezes completely. All other game functions work fine.
You guys say you have the same problem as the OP, but they apparently only see this issue when playing Media Atropatene.

And, are you both on Windows? Because there is a known issue like this on Macs.

In any case if you have saved games that reliably demonstrate the problem, please each make new threads in Bug Reports and attach them there for QA to look into.

Sorry for that problem!

Side Question:
Is there any way i can keep the name Of the Empire Media when reaching Tier 3 instead of Persia?
Is there any mode or way to do this?
I have no idea about gameplay, I'm sorry, I never had time to get into this game. Probably the main forum here is the place to ask that.

I
You guys say you have the same problem as the OP, but they apparently only see this issue when playing Media Atropatene.

And, are you both on Windows? Because there is a known issue like this on Macs.

In any case if you have saved games that reliably demonstrate the problem, please each make new threads in Bug Reports and attach them there for QA to look into.

Sorry for that problem!

I am on Windows, not Mac. As I am playing as Rome. the problem is not unique to Media Atropatene, but is rather a late game problem. What Haval and I have in common is that the problem starts around 500 years into the game. Up to then everything works well.

If you tell me what to do, I will attach my save game and post it in Bug Reports.

Thanks

Got it. The problem is temperature as you stated in your post above. This morning, with a cold PC, I fired up the game and it works like a clock. Thanks for your help. It is good to know that paradox has a built in device to make sure that I do not spend too much time playing.

Got it. The problem is temperature as you stated in your post above. This morning, with a cold PC, I fired up the game and it works like a clock. Thanks for your help. It is good to know that paradox has a built in device to make sure that I do not spend too much time playing.
Hah! Very good :)

What kind of temps are you seeing, as a matter of interest? Both GPU and CPU please.

Clean out all air vents it has (compressed air cans are good for this). Make sure airflow to them is not blocked by anything like walls, books or whatever.
If that doesn't drop the temps enough, you probably have a faulty fan or a heatsink/thermal paste problem. You may need professional help at that point.

It doesn't work for me and doesn't depend on the temperature. I turn on the computer, load the save, wait for a few game days and freeze again.

I think this is a global problem, not unique to Media Atropatene.

It doesn't work for me and doesn't depend on the temperature. I turn on the computer, load the save, wait for a few game days and freeze again.

I think this is a global problem, not unique to Media Atropatene.

My experience might be the same as yours. In my case, my cold laptop ran fine as I mentioned above. A couple of hours later, as the machine warmed up, the freezing started. Eventually the freeze became permanent. Now, loading the save, which is the Jan 1 autosave, the game runs until the 7th of February, when it freezes completely. Just to repeat I am playing as Rome. It seems to me that our save files have become corrupted.

I have restarted the Rome campaign and everything is working fine. I have not had any temperature problems yet.

It happened again with media Atropatene.
I played other Campigns meanthewhile but i get the problem only with media
It jusz freezes at some adate and no matter how long i wait it doesn't continue.
Temperature is fine

It is starting to happen again playing as Rome. I am at 998AUC.