• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yesterday I even tried to download the FTG demo, to try it out, and it did the same crash, so there has to be something messed in windows I guess... Wouldn't someone know what could the game possibly change, making the game crash every time? Thank you very much.

Yesterday I even tried to download the FTG demo, to try it out, and it did the same crash, so there has to be something messed in windows I guess... Wouldn't someone know what could the game possibly change, making the game crash every time? Thank you very much.

Installed in C:\Programs...?
Started the game with administrator rights yet?
Deinstalled the FtG game before installing the demo as both might get into each others places in the registry?

The first time I didn't uninstall the steam FTG first, so both demo and non-demo were installed. Now I uninstalled both and installed just the demo, run as admin and still the crash is in its place... I tried to run the game as admin before, same as running it with compatibility with win xp (service pack 2 and 3), but nothing helps.
Thanks for a quick reply again.

There is no message on the crash?

Three different people have reported this, which means there's definitely something happening. I'm just not sure what. I made a fresh install of both 1.2 and 1.3 beta on my Windows 10 machine and can't reproduce the problem.

Sorry for late answer.
Nope, no message, just the windows "program ... stopped working.."
I'm running on win7, and the problem started when I tried AGCEEP (I described it in #10 and #12). Thank you

Sorry for late answer.
Nope, no message, just the windows "program ... stopped working.."
I'm running on win7, and the problem started when I tried AGCEEP (I described it in #10 and #12). Thank you

As you de- and reinstalled, did you check for the existance of savegame folders again, in both the main games and the AGCEP mods folders?

FWIW, it works for me with Windows 10 (MS Surface Pro 4) installed from Steam into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common".
I have also played it with AGCEEP and MyMAP mods.
My two cents: if it begin crashing after trying the AGCEEP mod I would expect that something in the file structures have been damaged. I would try to completely remove all traces of FtG and Steam and then restart the pc before installing from Steam again.

ConjurerDragon, yes, I did, but still nothing :/

eon 2, I also thought about reinstalling steam, but I didn't want to delete the other games I got installed on steam, because my connection is poor right now, so it'd take a century to redownload it... but it seems nothing else is going to help

So I'm gonna try it, thank you

ConjurerDragon, yes, I did, but still nothing :/

eon 2, I also thought about reinstalling steam, but I didn't want to delete the other games I got installed on steam, because my connection is poor right now, so it'd take a century to redownload it... but it seems nothing else is going to help

So I'm gonna try it, thank you
You can back up your Steam folder before reinstalling, then restore the non-FTG games from the backup instead of re-downloading.

So I reinstalled steam, twice, but didn't help... but I probably didn't find all of the files of steam, because both times after uninstall and then install, steam remembered my username. I deleted the directory from program files, from appdata, and from documents (if I remember right that in documents were something as well, but I definitely checked it), and restarted pc before both installations. Did I miss any folder? Thanks

i have the same issues, have tried almost everything written here except the registry thing. I also did a new windows 10 installation, a clean steam and FTG installation.. i still get the crash when try to play AGCEEP or Timur

i have the same issues, have tried almost everything written here except the registry thing. I also did a new windows 10 installation, a clean steam and FTG installation.. i still get the crash when try to play AGCEEP or Timur

If you experience a crash when playing a mod like AGCEEP or Timur, but not when playing the vanilla game, the most likely cause is that you lack savegame folders in those two mods subfolders, e.g.
\For the Glory\Mods\AGCEEP\Scenarios\Save Games

I mentioned that i already tried almost everything written here. I created a Save Games folder in the scenarios folder including that of AGCEEP and Timur.

So you have
G:\Paradox\For the Glory\Scenarios\Save Games
G:\Paradox\For the Glory\Mods\AGCEEP\Scenarios\Save Games
G:\Paradox\For the Glory\Mods\FTG_Timur\Scenarios\Save Games

with different harddisk and folder names?

Is it perhaps a problem of access rights? Did you try to run the game with administrator rights already?

Exactly like that yes, i have tried the compatibilities modes and also with administrator but no luck... game still crashes when i try to play a campaign, the menu and tutorial works fine.

no one else has a solution? what about the other fellas who had the problem, you still have it? or is there a solution? perhaps this is only steam related?
Have you seen this thread? I cannot verify the results because I have not been able to reproduce the crash yet.

Last edited: