• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks very much for your work on an old title with a small but dedicated following. I only found FtG fairly recently, but I've thoroughly enjoyed it so far! Finding that it was still receiving bugfixes was incredible to see!

I have a question which may be obvious to some - are saves compatible between v1.2 and v1.3?

I'm in the middle of a game, and would love to try out v1.3. I've installed a second copy and patched it to v1.3, but when my v1.2 save loads I get a litany of errors about the "anglosaxon" culture not being found. I can ignore all of these critical errors, however, and the game loads fine. I'm playing as England, and all the "anglosaxon" provinces show as "english" (as per the Changelog states it should). Saving the game after loading, and reloading that save, results in no errors.

Ultimately I'm just wondering if continuous this game in v1.3 is likely to end in tears...

Savegames are not compatible between 1.2 and 1.3 mainly due to a lot of cultures and definitions being slightly renamed.
Better finish your 1.2 game and then continue to use 1.2 to try all the mods in the modding subforum (because most of them run best with 1.2) and only update to 1.3 once you have seen everything of 1.2

Savegames are not compatible between 1.2 and 1.3 mainly due to a lot of cultures and definitions being slightly renamed.
Better finish your 1.2 game and then continue to use 1.2 to try all the mods in the modding subforum (because most of them run best with 1.2) and only update to 1.3 once you have seen everything of 1.2

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely complete my current game under 1.2. I'll also have a nose around the mods to see what takes my fancy!

i've downloaded last patch, and when run it says "Assertion failed: Palette 'gfx\palettes\colorscale\glory\palette_rgbcountries.bmp' not found!
there is no colorscale folder and ftg 1.0 runs fine
what i've to do?
thanks

i've downloaded last patch, and when run it says "Assertion failed: Palette 'gfx\palettes\colorscale\glory\palette_rgbcountries.bmp' not found!
there is no colorscale folder and ftg 1.0 runs fine
what i've to do?
thanks
Did you install the 1.2 patch before installing the 1.3 beta? As first you need to update the game to 1.2.

i've bought the game but many years have passed and i dont remember the exact process
maybe i dont remember well, i suppose to install demo, upgrade all and activate it
i've to recheck my archive

EDIT: I've found the file I've downloaded when I bought game from desura.com and it's missing of that folder :( can I download it from somewhere and then register with my serial number?

Last edited:
ok, i delete all and:
1. install demo
2. apply 1.2 patch
3. apply 1_3_11Dec17 patch
and now it works but if i start "age of timur" mod it hangs with
"assertion failed illegal culture culture=anglosaxon line = 50 file db\revolt.txt"

can I download it from somewhere and then register with my serial number?
Just buy it again - at the moment it costs just 2,49€: https://store.steampowered.com/app/42810/For_The_Glory_A_Europa_Universalis_Game/

3. apply 1_3_11Dec17 patch
and now it works but if i start "age of timur" mod it hangs with
"assertion failed illegal culture culture=anglosaxon line = 50 file db\revolt.txt"
The mods are not updated with the 1.3 patch and need updates you need to download separately. There is such an update for AGCEEP, but not sure if there is such a one for AOT...

The mods are not updated with the 1.3 patch and need updates you need to download separately. There is such an update for AGCEEP, but not sure if there is such a one for AOT...

AGCEEP started updating to use some of the new features of FtG 1.3 and has a patch that only works with 1.3 but is far from being completely converted.

AoT?
Check list of mods:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/list-of-mods-and-scenarios.444736/
and choose link for Age of Timur
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/age-of-timur.442839/
and there is an update for AoT to version 1.12 (I think only version 1.0 comes with Ftg?) but has not been updated to work with FtG 1.3 and should be used with FtG 1.2

• 1Like
Reactions:
is this patch compatible with AGCEEP? :3
Both are. In the AGCEEP subfolder there are two versions of AGCEEP, one for FtG 1.2 and another for FtG 1.3. If I remember that right the version for 1.3 was AGCEEP 1.59b4

• 2Like
Reactions: