• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
comagoosie said:
nice grab of territory. It seems as if your loaned payed off, which I am always glad to see. And beware of your BB you don't want to start the wars...yet ;)

Yeah, I waited nearly 10 years before launching another war.

The next update will show how well that went.

England dragged us into a war with Brittany which we reluctantly agreed to partake in.
eu31ix0.jpg

England ended up winning one territory from them which would prove to be very troublesome later
Here are our holdings 1486.
eu32kw1.jpg

Finally, after ten years of constant attempts, Utrecht agreed to become part of our empire
eu33jv1.jpg

That troublesome territory that England was holding on to got them into a war with France. We were torn…. Do we help our ally? They have Portugal on their side, sure, but we’re also the closest and easiest for France to get at…

We had to betray our ally. I just hope that they will be willing to offer their support again at a later date.
eu34tq9.jpg

Later that same year, the Netherlands finally agreed to become part of our empire. At last, we have all the territory needed to become the true Netherlands.
eu35me8.jpg

One month later, we landed an excellent core on Norway’s territory. This was the perfect chance to continue our operations against them and their union leader, the Kalmar Union
eu36om9.jpg

We happened to notice that Tunisia was doing quite well in its war against Spain.
eu37kh8.jpg

In 1488 we and the empire earned some extra prestige.
eu38kg8.jpg

In 1489, we had the opportunity to choose between Secular Humanism and the Church. Oddly enough, our leader chooses to forsake the Church and accept those Greek scholars. We can only hope that this doesn’t bode ill for the future.
eu39jk2.jpg

The next year, our leader finally convinced the Kalmar Union to agree to a peace treaty. They were reduced to only one territory. Gelre gained three.
eu310la9.jpg

eu311we1.jpg

In 1490, Gelre also saw a modest increase in the power wielded by the Holy Roman Emperor. He was still the leader of a fractured and loose confederation of different kingdoms though.
eu312zb9.jpg

Gelre also obtained an new center of trade for some reason or another. Our leader wasn’t exactly sure why he was handed this territory, but he didn’t complain as it was rich and would only add to his state’s coffers.
eu313uz0.jpg

Some Church land came under contention in 1490. The emperor decided to side with the Church in hopes of getting back on the Pope’s good side.
eu314ir1.jpg

And finally, in that same year his advisors informed him that his generals had perfected some major improvements to the armed forces. They would be distributed to the soldiers as quickly as possible.
eu315hu3.jpg]

Navarra finally was brought into line by Spain.
eu316en5.jpg

Does that island you got from Denmark allow you to control the trade?

Nitrousoxide: I'm sorry to say but my moniter up and died on me. I won't be posting any updates until I can get a new one.

excellent AAR ! ! :cool:

looking forward to when you can resume updating ! ! :)