• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
UPDATE, VERSION 1.80 JUST RELEASED
Check the first post to download. Huge update.

- New nations: Finland, Poland.
- Major update on the aircrafts, more than 100 models updated/improved.
- Other changes: new armored cars for England, updated tanks for Argentina, a few improved weapons and artillery pieces, and more.

---------------------------------------------------------------

What's next
During the past months I have focused my effort mainly on land and air models, leaving ships in the cold... the result is that naval models aren't on par with the other stuff anymore... they need to be updated, time to put some love on the ships then, I'm working on a complete overhaul of the navies... the new models will be better proportioned, more accurate and detailed, overall the new navies should be a lot more inspiring.

Work in progress preview:

Inconsistencies.

Hi Francesco,

just dl-ed 1.80 for IC and extracted to my HoI2 main folder with ZipGenius.

For Australia production screen the photos do not correspond to types in question.
An example: Spitfire mk. IX has photo of CAC Kangaroo.
For unit screens Gladiator Mk I still has Hurricane photos. And so on...

For Spanish Republic lvl 1 strat bomber unit picture certainly is not a Potez and lvl 1 CAS certainly not a Polikarpov.

I could give a lot more examples but the question is:

- have I done something wrong with the install?

Or a statement:

- there is a lot of work left to eradicate those inconsistencies. Which IMHO is more important for immersion than adding new content. That could wait.

Keep up the good work,
Oldtimer

Keep up the excellent work!! :cool:

I look forward to further updates, particularly for IC :)

UPDATE
2.0 Just released, check first post to download.
Huge update, even if no new countries were added this is still the biggest single update done since release.

- Complete overhaul of the navies, every single ship model has been redone from scratch with obsessive accuracy. We are speaking of 500+ models here, now almost every ship should look as it really looked in real life.
- Major update on infantry models for Japan, Hungary and Romania. Many improvements also for Poland and Finland. Minor improvements for the others.
- Full overhaul of Japanese vehicles, models quality noticiably raised.
- Many vehicles and tanks improved also for the other nations.

A few screenshots:

US Navy:
Japanese Navy:
German Navy:
British Navy:
Italain Navy:
French Navy:
Soviet Navy:
Some ships from the others:

And now land models, some of the improved ones:

Did the graphic names/folders change dramatically for DH? In other words, could I just unzip the DD/Arma version of the mod to my DH folder? Or do we need to wait for a dedicated DH release?

Did the graphic names/folders change dramatically for DH? In other words, could I just unzip the DD/Arma version of the mod to my DH folder? Or do we need to wait for a dedicated DH release?

Sorry for the late answer... anyway... you can't use the current versions of the mod with DH... you will need to wait for a dedicated release, I'm currently working on it and you can follow its development here:

Francesco's Mod for DH

Francesco, it is minor nitpick but I noticed that the landing ship background for marines always stay the same. Could be pretty nice to have landing crafts appropriate for each era.

Landing Boats like for ww1 (gallipoli pics)
Higgins Boats for ww2 - you have it as default so no changes needed.
LVTs for end ww2 and cold war (lvts pics)

Hey i know your really busy and i appreciate all the work, but can you make a version compatable with kaiserreich(specifically darkest hour version, not that theres much difference) Atm im using the hoi2 arma version but it doesnt cover all the extra countries in kaisereich. Obviously this task would eb a little tricky, considering its a-historical but i would really appreciate it and so would a lot of others. Thanks and regards.

Superb work..the drawings from Osprey Men at War series are excellent. I used them in two mods I made for HPS Squad Battles AOTR and Red Victory. I know how time consuming it is taking the pics from the books then reducing them and then messing around pixel by pixel..took me a fair few days to do the mods for SB esp as any transparent pixels made a mess of the counters I was putting them on so it was very time consuming. Sadly due to a hard drive crash I lost all the pics and haven't bothered doing it all over again otherwise I'd have sent you them to use.

Love your tanks. Did you do them yourself or get them from a reference book? I think they are superb. Also would you mind if I used them for a game I'm helping on obviously giving credit to your good self? If you don't mind I ask another favour..do you have a list anywhere of the tanks and the name of the actual tank I know a fair few but not all of them.

Thanks

Last edited: