• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
500px-Flag_of_Argentina_%28alternative%29.svg.png

The newly formed country of La Plata aims with the Congress Of Rome are simple. We just want independence and to be left alone. We have no cares for the struggles of Europe or for foreign and Distant lands in Europe. We simply want to be left alone to do things our way. If you can give us these things we will trouble you no longer. Our aims will be prosperity and peace for our people nothing more. We are no threat to you in distant Europe. We have had enough of foreign rule by distant uncaring rulers who send viceroys to govern us instead of governing them himself. We are now free and we intend to stay free. If you will not give us our freedom we will regretfully have to fight you for it.

320px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

I hereby appoint The Right Honourable Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, Viscount Castlereagh, KG, GCH, PC, PC, as the United Kingdom's Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary to the Congress of Rome, with full powers and authority to represent the British government at this international conference.

- His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales, Regent of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

5b89030e-35e3-45c8-8a0d-1c90d4d704e7_zps9b5e4ff2.jpg

The Holy Kingdom of Spain hereby appoints José Miguel de Carvajal-Vargas, 2nd Duke of San Carlos, to represent the Kingdom of Spain at the Congress of Rome. He will best represent His Majesty, and the interests of the Kingdom of Spain.

~ His Majesty By the Grace of God, Ferdinand VII King of Spain and the Indies

Last edited:
320px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

On behalf of His Majesty's Government, I would like to present The United Kingdom's terms and proposals on matters and issues relevant to Britain or her overseas interests.

- All territories and possessions seized by the United Kingdom during the course of the war are to be maintained and recognised as British territory. Such territories include the Cape Colony, Malacca, Ceylon, the Strait Settlements, Malta, the Ionian Isles, Tobago, British Guyana, The Dutch and French West Indies, Heligoland, other seized colonies in Africa and Asia, and other such territories.
- Ferdinand VII is to be restored as King of Spain, and the Kingdom of Spain is to be restored to it's pre-war borders, excepting Minorca.
- The Island of Minorca is to be recognised as British territory.
- A Duchy or Kingdom of Hanover is to be restored, either to full independence or as part of a larger confederation, and George III and his descendants are reinstated as Hanover's Monarchs.
- The Netherlands are to be restored as an independent kingdom under the House of Orange.
- The Kingdom of Italy shall be allowed to appoint it's own Monarch, but it shall be restricted from selecting a Bonaparte.
- The French Empire shall remove and renounce all control and influence over the Kingdom of Italy and the Rhine Confederation.
- The Rhine Confederation is to be decentralised, with a single confederal body decided upon common policy and other such matters. Constituent states of the Confederation are to be afforded unlimited sovereignty.
- The Kingdom of Three Sicilies is to be restored to it's pre-war borders, excepting Malta, and the House of Bourbon shall be returned to the Neapolitan throne.
- The permanent neutrality of the Swiss Confederacy is to be confirmed.
- All signatory powers shall condemn the trading of slaves.

- The Right Honourable Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, Viscount Castlereagh, KG, GCH, PC, PC

Last edited:
Wappen_Preuszligen_zpseeae3574.png

Prussian claims and proposals at the Congress of Rome - awnser to the Federation and the British proposals

Your exzellencies,

the Kingdom of Prussia recognizes the just claims of Britain and the Federation of the Rhine and would cede the territory of Lüneburg to the reinstated Grand Duchy of Hannover if it will become part of the Federation of the Rhine and relinquish it's claims to Mark and Kleve to the Federation. In return the Kingdom of Prussia will keep the province of Saxony but the former rulers of said territory will be granted the relinquised territories in westphalia.

The Kingdom of Prussia will remain a neutral stance towards the matter of Bavaria and accepts the claims of Britain. The Kingdom of Prussia though will raise a counterclaim to Helgoland as German territory belonging to the Prussian Hanseatic province and will settle this claim with the British on a later date.

Prussian Minister of Foreign Affair Freiherr Heinrich Friedrich Karl vom und zum Stein

On behalf of the Hereditary Sovereign Prince William Frederick of the House of Orange-Nassau, the following are proposals for the restoration of the Kingdom of the Netherlands:

1. All Dutch provinces north of the Rhine river must be united into a single Kingdom of the Netherlands that is fully independent of all foreign powers and influences.

2. The Netherlands will maintain neutrality in all matters of European conflicts.

3. William Frederick's father, in his support of the British war effort, had handed most of the Dutch colonies over to Britain voluntarily for safekeeping. In gratitude for the help and hospitality of the British people the Cape colony, the colony of Ceylon, and Dutch settlements in India should be permanently handed over to Great Britain. All other former colonies must be restored to Dutch rule.

4. The Netherlands will have access to the free navigation of the Rhine river.

With these proposals satisfied, William Frederick would agree to take the crown of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.

tr~cu3.gif

I am Adman Pasha, and I shall represent the Ottoman Empire and it's Sultan Mahmud II in these peace proceedings.

I present the proposal as set to me by the Caliph:
1. Recognisition of Greece as integral Ottoman lands
2. Recognisition of the Kingdom of Morocco as a suzerain state under the protection of the Ottoman Empire

Otherwise, the Caliph cares not for the land transfers within the former Holy Roman Empire, and will sign to it

Flag_of_Spain_1785-1873_and_1875-1931svg_zpsd9561b7f.png

On the behalf of His Majesty Ferdinand VII, King of Spain, the following are proposals set out by the Kingdom of Spain:

The Americas: The Vice-royalty of New Granada:

- Gran Columbia: You shall cede all of the province of Panama to the Kingdom of Spain
- If return we shall recognize you as an independent nation

The Vice-royalty of New Spain: Map Here.

- Mexico: Shall cede the Kingdom of Yucatan to the Kingdom of Spain
- In return, Spain shall recognize Mexican independence and aid her in developing as a nation

- The Kingdom of Guatemala in Central America shall be returned to the Kingdom of Spain

The Vice-royalty of Rio de la Plata:

- Will be recognized as an independent nation by the Kingdom of Spain
- In return, La Plata will remain friendly and have close relations with the Kingdom of Spain

Europe:

- Spain will return to her pre-war borders
- King Ferdinand VII is recognized as the legitimate King of Spain
- Spain is recognized as the Guardian of Morocco and her territories

Asia:

- Spain is the rightful owner of the Province of Philippines and is recognized for it
- Spain regains the Province of Philippines, as her own rightful possession

~ José Miguel de Carvajal-Vargas, 2nd Duke of San Carlos, On the behalf of the Kingdom of Spain

Last edited:
Flag_of_Spain_1785-1873_and_1875-1931svg_zpsd9561b7f.png

On the behalf of His Majesty Ferdinand VII, King of Spain, the following are proposals set out by the Kingdom of Spain:

The Vice-royalty of New Spain: Map Here.

- Mexico: Shall cede the Kingdom of Yucatan to the Kingdom of Spain
- In return, Spain shall recognize Mexican independence and aid her in developing as a nation

I shall of course accede to His Majesty's wishes, and thank him for his wisdom in accepting the petition of his people. I am curious as to why he feels it is necessary for the crown to retain the Yucatan, or to cede Puerto Rico to the US.

Regardless, on behalf of His Majesty's subjects in New Spain, I would like to thank His Majesty for his good judgement. I shall begin at once preparing for the formal transition of New Spain (less those Kingdoms and territories enumerated by His Majesty) to the Mexican Empire. I would like to formally invite Infante Carlos or, should he refuse, Infante Francisco de Paula to assume the Mexican throne under the constitution of 1812.

Viva Rey Fernando! Viva Espania! Viva Mexico!

OOC: Francisco de Paula, the Spanish king's youngest brother, will be Emperor of Mexico, as Carlos was too much an absolutist to ever accept a throne at the price of a liberal consitution.

I shall of course accede to His Majesty's wishes, and thank him for his wisdom in accepting the petition of his people. I am curious as to why he feels it is necessary for the crown to retain the Yucatan, or to cede Puerto Rico to the US.

Regardless, on behalf of His Majesty's subjects in New Spain, I would like to thank His Majesty for his good judgement. I shall begin at once preparing for the formal transition of New Spain (less those Kingdoms and territories enumerated by His Majesty) to the Mexican Empire. I would like to formally invite Infante Carlos or, should he refuse, Infante Francisco de Paula to assume the Mexican throne under the constitution of 1812.

Viva Rey Fernando! Viva Espania! Viva Mexico!

OOC: Francisco de Paula, the Spanish king's youngest brother, will be Emperor of Mexico, as Carlos was too much an absolutist to ever accept a throne at the price of a liberal consitution.

eeb7cd23-b8d1-44d6-ae16-71357fc7b045_zps444be99c.jpg

On behalf of His Majesty, we would like to thank the loyal and respectful Mexican Empire for remaining close to the Kingdom of Spain. King Ferdinand VII, is delighted to hear that his brothers are being asked to lead the nation. We hope we can work very closely with your nation in the future.

~ José Miguel de Carvajal-Vargas, 2nd Duke of San Carlos, On behalf of the Kingdom of Spain

alleged_flag_of_the_rhine_confederation_18_6_13-555px.png

The Confederation of the Rhine

I believe it prudent that the aims of the Confederated states be laid out for this Congress of Rome.

The following listed points are the overall goals and points for the Confederation's negotiations and dealings for this Congress:

• The Kingdom of Hanover shall remain a state of the Rhine Confederation,
  • George III, King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, shall remain on the throne of the Kingdom of Hanover,
  • The Kingdom of Saxony may become a member-state of the Confederation, but total Saxon independence is acceptable as well,
  • Most or all of the former lands of the Kingdom of Bavaria, chiefly the City of Munich and the surrounding lands, must remain a part of that Kingdom, and therefore a part of the Confederation,
  • The separate and confederated States of the Rhine shall retain specified degrees of sovereignty, but the law and authority of the Confederation, when applicable to national emergencies and states of warning, shall remain paramount.

These are the just demands of the Confederation and her people, which I believe to be fair and acceptable to all participating nations.

I also announce that, from this point onward, Ludwig, Crown Prince of Bavaria, shall represent the confederate States of the Rhine, and shall see to the acceptance and defense of the Confederation's interests in this Conference.

~ His Royal Majesty Maximilian I, Prince-Primate of the Rhine Confederation, King of Bavaria

Prussian awnser to the Federation of the Rhine

Your exzellencies,

the Kingdom of Prussia will grant the Rhine Federation Prussian protection and recognize it's claim to Bavaria as well as cede Lüneburg, Mark, Kleve and Franconian claims. In return the Kingdom of Prussia will keep Saxony and the Hohenzollern territories in Southern Germany will become part of the Federation.

These terms are really modest and we will help the Federation in defense of Germany as well.

Prussian Minister of Foreign Affair Freiherr Heinrich Friedrich Karl vom und zum Stein

alleged_flag_of_the_rhine_confederation_18_6_13-555px.png

The Confederation of the Rhine

Very well. The former territories of the Kingdom of Saxony shall be given to the Kingdom of Prussia, in return for the Prussian cession of specific territories in the north and a guarantee of territorial stability.

~ His Royal Highness Ludwig, Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Bavaria, Representative for the Confederation of the Rhine

Just as a point of clarification, the Kingdom of Guatemala, while part of the Viceroyality of New Spain, is under the control of rebels not affiliated with any such group operating in Mexico. Mexican acceptance of His Majesty's claim to the region should not be construed as a commitment to forcibly retake the region on our part. In fact we urge his majesty to reach an accomodation with them and other groups, prehaps on similar terms to those agreed on for Mexico.

The League of Hispanic Nations

Following the imperialist declaration from the Kingdom of Spain, it is my pleasure to announce the creation of the Hispanic League, a grand alliance which aims to maintain our freedom and uphold the values on which our nations are based upon. By standing united, together, the nations of this alliance can successfully oppose Spanish tyranny, Imperialism and Oppression, ensuring that a return to dreaded Spanish rule is not possible.

Central America [ ]
The Dominican Republic [ ]
Gran Colombia [X]
La Plata [X]
Mexico [ ]

Last edited:
The League of Hispanic Nations

Following the imperialist declaration from the Kingdom of Spain, it is my pleasure to announce the creation of the Hispanic League, a grand alliance which aims to maintain our freedom and uphold the values on which our nations are based upon. By standing united, together, the nations of this alliance can successfully oppose Spanish tyranny, Imperialism and Oppression, ensuring that a return to dreaded Spanish rule is not possible.

Central America [ ]
The Dominican Republicn [ ]
Gran Colombia [X]
La Plata [X]
Mexico [ ]

500px-Flag_of_Argentina_%28alternative%29.svg.png

This is a great day. By the Former Colonies of Spain working together we can successfully oppose new attempts by both force and through Intrigue to enter into the Continents of South and North America.

First_flag_of_the_Mexican_Empire.svg

The Mexican Empire cannot sign any such agreement unless an accord is reached between the other signatories and the Spanish crown. We are friends to liberty and independance, and will happily cooperate with the other former colonies in our common interests. But we do not condone the ougthright refusal of the other Viceroyalities to negotiate the Crown's terms.

OOC: That's as close as I could figure to the color Mexico is on the map.

Prussian declaration concerning the rebellious Spanish colonies and the acquisation of the Duchies of Holstein and Southern Schleswig

Your exzellencies,

the Kingdom of Prussia would like to exclude colonial matters aside from dealings between the waring powers out of these negotiations. The Kingdom of Prussia will not recognize any of the states formed until Spain acknowledges them as independent and free territories.

The Kingdom of Prussia will buy the rights to the duchies of Holstein and Southern Schleswig from Denmark for a sum of 12% her income.

Last edited:
For any reparations or money transfers, just use the % of a nations gross income for now and it can be smoothed over later if it looks really funny and comes out at 729.63 for example. I am going to slightly tweak the formula I was going to use for 1820 and add another 0 to the end of it all since 3 and 4 digit was too small looking for me.

edit: I should have at least your treasuries available and a rough income idea by mid week, though income will NOT be correct for certain since land transfers and such wont be formalized yet.

We announce that we shall be attending the Conference of Rome in the capacity as acting plenipotentiary for His Majesty, the King of Sweden and Norway. For prior perusal, we submit our intentions to the congress of nations. These are the grievances which we seek to redress, in recognition of our significant contributions to the great war and the rightful obligations thereof, and in careful consultation with our friends and allies:

1. The recognition of the union of the crowns of Norway and Sweden;
2. The annexation of all the associated lands of the Kingdom of Norway, specifically Greenland, Iceland, Svalbard and the Faroe Islands;
3. The abolition of the toll exacted by the Kingdom of Denmark on shipping through the Öresund in perpetuity, and the opening of this waterway to all commercial and martial shipping;
4. The permanent settlement of the contested proprietorship of the Duchy of Pomerania;
5. The inclusion of the Kingdom of Denmark in a substantial union of the Nordic nations;
6. The repeal of the Treaty of Fredrikshamn (1809) and restoration of Finland and all territories betwixt the Gulf of Bothnia and Lake Ladoga to the Crown of Sweden;
7. The repeal of the Treaty of Nystad (1721) and the restoration of Ingria, Livonia and Estonia to the Crown of Sweden.

~ His Royal Highness, Charles John, Crown Prince and Regent of the United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway