• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Seconded. Also confusing which sections of which civilizations are more favourable to which gods)).

((Okay, I will expand the Theology screen to show which cultures worship each god, and perhaps some numbers showing how much power comes from each culture.

In response to @jeray2000 - I'm not sure that I understand what you mean. The entirety of the main culture worship the gods listed in the civilization info panel, even if they live outside the borders of the civilization. So even though some Heimians live in Pima, they still worship Heimian gods.

In the meantime you should discuss if there should be rules for war, see chopak's post))

Shadaris God of Sorcery and Mysticism
"I see your logic, but, does anyone disagree?" Shadaris spoke up, the logic was sound but he wanted to hear any opinions to the contrary just so he had something to consider, unless all agreed with this of course

Chapter VII: Winter
In a cave far beneath the surface of the frozen North sits a man. While gods and men alike had bickered over land and power in the South, this man had been resting peacefully here for millennia without interruption. But now he has awakened. Sitting on the nest of warm furs that he had been sleeping in, he glances around the cave. It is dark. Darker than night. And freezingly cold. Colder than winter. Much colder. Perhaps, he thinks to himself, it is time.

His legs have become bony and brittle over the centuries. Not even in this sanctuary could he escape the wear and tear of time. He sighs and reaches for his cane that lies beside him on the floor. With its aid, he laborously gets to his feet. How long had he been asleep? His beard had turned white, but hadn’t grown that much. However, that could just be a result of the aegis. He raises the cane and thumps the rocky ceiling with it as hard as he can. The sound echoes around the cave. It is a hollow echo. Perhaps things had changed up there.

The old man, crooked and weakened by age and leaning heavily unto his cane, wraps himself in the pelts he had been sleeping in and drags himself to the end of the cave where the entrance used to be. It is covered with ice. Piercing the ice with his cane, he manages to break a piece off. For a while he stands there, glancing at the ice. Then, he sets to work. He chops away at the ice, breaking off piece after piece. For days and weeks, he digs and digs, as solid ice slowly turns to soft snow. He throws away the cane and digs with his hands. They grow red and numb, as does his bare feet, but he doesn’t notice. He just digs on and on until he finally reaches air. Cold, refreshing air.

He takes a deep breath and lets it fill his lungs. The freezing, arctic wind finds its way into the tunnel behind him. The wind passes around the edges of the tunnel and produces a sound much alike that of a wounded animal, and it bites the man’s skin as if it was one too. He widens the opening so that he can take a look outside. A howling blizzard whirls up the snow out there. Shielding his eyes from the roaring wind and the biting snow, he can barely make out the bluish contours of an arctic wasteland shrouded in the black mantle of polar night.

He takes a few steps out of the opening. The storm encloses him, and everything - the snow around him, the ground beneath him and the night above him - merges into a blur of white, grey and black. The man greets the cold embrace of the blizzard by lifting his arms into the air. It is cold out here. Colder than it used to be. Much colder. It is unnaturally cold. His weak body will not last long out here. The man breaks into a laughter. The winter has grown strong. In their inexhaustible desire for change, the southern gods have mindlessly immersed themselves in their little games of competition and development, heedless of the natural balance of this world. But now he can set things aright.

He raises his right fist towards the sky. His crooked middle finger is adorned with a simple, golden ring. The storm resists him, and seeks to break him. It roars against him and almost topples him over, but he stays on his feet with his ring-hand raised towards the heavens. In the end, the blizzard yields. A finger of snow and ice warily reaches down from above. As it touches the ring, it gets sucked in. And more follows. The ring eats away at the storm. The old man stands beneath a downwards spiral if roaring wind and biting snow. The whirlwind of polar winter descends upon him, only to be drawn into his ring. The sheer force of it as it bears down upon him almost crushes him, and he roars at the storm in the effort to remain standing. Then, a powerful thrust moving down through the whirlwind knocks him over, and everything turns quiet.

b02855091d5b121f0d7a3dc52b28ffcf.jpg

The northern lights dance effortlessly across the firmament. They illuminate a white, snowclad landscape which remains wholly untouched save one single man. Half covered in snow, he lies huddled up beneath his old pelts. Immovable amidst the endless expanses of snow and ice. Until he stirs. Slowly, he rises from the snow. He sits up and then arduously gets on his feet. He looks at his ring-hand. The ring is inconceivably cold on his finger. It seethes with anti-potential. He smiles.

In the synod chamber at the Tower of the Demiurge, the pantheon has just unanimously agreed on the enactment of the celestial law of war when a chilling draught goes through the chamber. The present gods look at each other. Something has changed. A force long dormant has awakened in the North.

Arkouda is awake. Winter is coming.

Arkouda, who had been long thought to have left this world, has awakened from his slumber. He carries a powerful ring that can store great amounts of power and has used it to absorb much of the static power that has been building up over the millennia since the gods entered Gaia and began their little game.

In response to this, the pantheon extends Synod in order to deliberate on how to deal with this potential crisis.

UzG29ll.png

As you can see, I’ve updated the statistics of the cosmoscope so that you now can see from where you get your power. Arkouda has gained great amounts of power from the powerful forces of dualism. The cosmos is trying to reestablish balance in a world where unnatural amounts of changes are happening very quickly. Thus Arkouda possesses 110 power, of which he can store 60 in his ring for later. 30 of his power is ’normal’ power and can be used for any purpose he should wish. 80 of his power is static power, and can only be used for stasis actions.

His ring is not powerful enough to control all the stasis in Cryogea, so any purely static (who chose stasis as their only alignment - that includes Almawtia, Arcus and some others) deity can go there and claim their slice of the stasis cake, if they dare. This can be done by simply travelling there. You might end up confronting Arkouda there, though.

Stasis can, however, be used for lowering temperatures in any tile:

Cryostasis – Cool down one tile to a climate one ’step’ colder than the current one. Thus, rainforests turn to plains, plains to grasslands, grasslands to forests, forests to taiga, taiga to tundra and tundra to ice. Water also becomes ice, but lasts only one turn. Cost: 10 power for each climate ’jump’, for instance from rainforests to plains.

r22vFne.png

I’ve also added a new statistics screen where you can see the chance of success when doing oneirophany and that kind of stuff. You will notice that I’ve rewritten this system so that the step above oneirophany, that is eonophany, ’only’ costs 20 power, and also added noulepsy – that is, mind control - for when you get really powerful. You can view the probabilities for both conversion (religious), centralization (military and political) and polarity (technological) orders. Here they are:

Oneirophany – Appear before a carefully selected individualsin a dream in an attempt to convince it to do your will. However, it is quite likely that the recipient will perceive it as ”just a dream” – 10 power

Eonophany – Intervene in the physical world of mortals by making some kind of omen or artefact – this can be anything from a comet to the manifestation of a holy scripture, but it cannot be supernatural. Keep in mind that it often requires som prerequisites among the recipient civilization: In the first case, they must know how to interpret the comet – is it good or bad? Does it mean ”go to war” or ”make friends”? You could tell them this through a dream first - and in the second case they need to know how to read and write. - 20 power

Ensarcosis – Endow a part of your spirit in a mortal body for more lasting, direct control – 40 power

Theophany – appear before the people of an area in all your mighty splendour (any form you’d like) in order to make sure that they are listening - 60 power

Noulepsy – sometimes you just have to make sure that things are done right. In these cases, civilization-wide mind control should do the trick - 80 power

Okay, have fun with this crisis event!

Last edited:
Shadaris god of Sorcery and Mysticism
It was clear to shadaris that something would need to be done about the awakening of this ancient being, he was among the weaker of the gods though in terms of power, and as his people were so close to the north they were in much danger, but at least his people had their magic; he hoped their fire magic would help them weather what was to come. Shadaris looked over at the fire serpent who had aided him in creating the magic fire magic for his people, and asked him for he too lived near the north, and shadaris was most grateful for his earlier assistance a couple millennia ago. "I do not wish to imply that you are unable to warm your people in the winter to come, but you granted my people knowledge of how to conjure fire with their magic, and sometimes the powers of gods are stronger together. If granting your people magic so they might better conjure your flame in whatever is to come would help. I would be happy to give it."

((You may continue discussing a course of action if you wish to do so, but I 'm also opening for orders for next turn. Deadline will be in 60 hrs as usually, that is late friday night CET. Have fun!))

Kamahans Goddess of Wisdom and Enlightenment
maxresdefault.jpg

Kamahans saw the Upadvipapuri and the Zacatepans interact was greatly interested in the process already there was intermarriage between the two and there was already a small tribe of Zacatepans living in Upadvipa proper.Kamahans was excited and decided to speed things up a bit (and was surprised they hadn't invented it already) by visiting Vishnuwara Tigara the chief of a big town on the Upadvipapura new lands named Rajalraon in his dream.Vishnuwara had grown up the tenth son of the High Tigara Chief on the Island of Upadvipa.And would spend his early childhood playing with quills and inks and learning how to read write and manage a household thus he was perfect for the job he was also very adventures seeing as he dared to embark to the new lands bordering strange peoples and foreigners.Appearing in his dream as a woman standing on the holy hymns to her divine wisdom surrounded by the flowers of Gaia."Good Day My Servant I wish to introduce to you and your people an profitable idea 'Trade' an act where you give something in exchange for another thing this will increase your cities power in the region and make it the richest in all of the Upadvipapuri Cities,Towns and Villages before i leave i will give you a sign there will 200 cattle just out side your city when you wake up"

Use Oneirophany on a chief on the tile with the X and use the power needed to create 200 cattle

SUWYReA.png

A New Land Part Two
a Joint IC between me and Chopak

45983.jpg

Zacatepah woman washing clothes in a big Zacatepah city

There was a commotion in the village. Apparently some strange men have been found on the beach. They spoke a strange language and wore clothes not worn in any Zacatepah village. In the middle of the village in a big hut the village council gathered for a council meeting on the strange men.Before the council could begin the Fire Keeper Tlachinolii uttered the sacred hymns to the god of fire taking a bowl of sacred paste she spread it unto their cheeks in the shape of a burning flame completing the ritual and unofficially beginning the meeting. The first to speak was village Chieftain Chicahua.

• As you all know, something unprecedented has happened. Cuetlachtli and Itzli have found unknown men lying on the beach. They don’t seem hostile and Tlachinolii has already tend to their wounds. But we have to decide what to do with them.
  • These strangers are extremely dangerous, chief - said Tlaminqui, the best and strongest of the hunters - We should ensure that they do not pose any threat. - he ended with gesture involving sliding a finger across his neck.
  • Why so hostile, Tlaminqui? They are our guests and it is our duty to protect them. They did not look dangerous at all, only tired. They did cross the great Atl after all.
  • What do you mean, Itztli? - asked surprised chieftain
  • We found them on the beach, next to some kind of raft. Their hair was wet and covered in salt. I assumed they come from the other side of the Atl.
  • What?! Then that means that our guests are the Oyaquatl. Our lost brethren have returned!

Over the next few days the foreign men were treated with great respect and Fire Keeper Tlachinolii made Iztli and Cuetlachtli learn their language and to help them care for their ailing father.On the fifth day of their arrival the father of the foreign men started to show signs of recovery by the eighth day he was able to walk and by the tenth day he had fully recovered.After his recovery he spent his days talking with the Zacatepah and talking in all the languages he knew (which was many as some communities were very isolationist in nature and over time had developed their own languages or dialects) when he came across the language of the Mutlalaquinasudra who were similar in appearance with the Zacatepah and had many foreign words which strangely appeared similar to Zacatepah words.

• Hintetlaloya naska notokatsin Vikramaditya ( Greetings my name is Vikramaditya)
  • Ximopanōltih, Vikramaditya. I am Chicahua, chieftain of this village.

• Vikramaditya’s expression changed from being emotionless to being shocked “ A-a-Aapnuaah fire Siuhdeva be upon you “ remembering the Mutlalaquinasudra greeting which literally meant the fire of Xiuhcoatl be upon you.
Chieftain was even more shocked. Not only could the visitor speak their language, he also knew of the Xiuhcoatl. His clothes and appearance meant he could not be from any Zacatepan tribe, however.

• Where are you from, Vikramaditya? Describe your land please we need to trust you fully to make sure you are not an enemy
  • I am from -, struggling to find the word he used the upadvipapuri word for it, a deshe- a dirt? with seas surrounding it.The pashu no, um, animals of the island are beautiful i myself have a flying fish farm.The forests host the beautiful mayura with its divinely coloured feathers and the fierce Tigara who is the Raja or Chief of the forests.The woman wear beautiful clothes we call saris which they wrap around their bodies and we grow godhuma to eat with flying fish curries.We worship Lady Kamahans with the biggest temple to her being in the middle of the island tended to by the Purohitaa of the goddess.I assure you we have no wish to attack your um Graamam chief Cua-Chicahua.
  • Your island does sounds beautiful. I wish I could visit it. Cuetlachtli and Itztli will help you fix your umm.. nauka? So you can return home. Can you take them with you? I’m afraid I can’t go myself, I’m needed here too much. But they are both young and bright and would benefit much from visiting foreign land. Especially if it’s so beautiful as you say.
  • I would be happy to but we need some supplies and a special tree a big one that grows near patches of Almazaleas, you know, the death flower? we call the tree Gataagatdruma.
  • Of course. We will provide any help we can.

Next few days were very busy. Not just the two selected men, but the whole village was helping Vikramaditya and his sons. Finally, the boat was ready. The goodbye was long and festive. Full of singing, flowers and parting gifts. The Fire Keeper gave each of the five travellers a talisman. For Cuetlachtli she gave a Warrior’s Club blessed in the fires of Xiuhcoatl’s fire, for Itzli she gave a necklace made by the women of the village (who all loved Itzli for his charm and handsomeness) also blessed by the fire of the holy shrine. For Agni she gave a bow for hunting which came from the town of Tlanochte in the south and for his brother Rama she gave a Spear fashioned by the fire keeper of Coatzalca her old friend and a seeress and for Vikramaditya she gave the staff of Xiuhcoatl a staff given to her ancestor, the first Fire Keeper.

Last edited:
Shadaris god of Mysticism and Sorcery

It was frustrating for Shadaris to be so low on power, so many ideas for improvements to his people and yet so little power to implement them, he was not the sort of god most were: he cared little for his political standing or power relative to the other gods, he didn't want to form an eternal empire in his name; in fact he was proud of how his Magi interacted with each the sharing of ideas and magical technique as he had commanded, and the council of archmagi was something he very much appreciated as opposed to an empire. All shadaris wanted was to give something to the world, to the people of the world, but he had not the power of many of the other gods... so he gave them what he could, perhaps their increased sorcery would increase his own power as well, or perhaps when he bestowed this power to the few who he could afford to they would unite his people under them. The tribe of the the western mountains at the foot of his empire had served him well in the past, they had a well defended position and had served him well in the past when he wished to distribute his worship and fire magic among the tribes, they were the most devout of all tribes too; which boded well for his gift being recognized as his. He would increase their magic, and the magic of some people in the northern tribes and see how it all worked out. Hopefully over a thousand years they'd breed into the population.

Biomorphy- Add .1 magic affinity to the sorcerer "Template" for 10 power

Demomorphy- Change 500 hundred magi in the marked mountain tile to the new template for 1.8 power

PmMc2Z1.jpg

index.php

Xiuhcoatl, Fire Serpent

Not many gods answered Xiuhcoatl's proposal, but Dranos did, and that was everybody that really mattered in this case. Serpent was glad, but something made her uneasy. The feeling Xiuhcoatl did not felt for millenia has returned. Cold, northern winter blew across the Gaia. Apparently the greatest enemy of Xiuhcoatl returned. And armed with power of ice and stasis.

"Why would you return now?" Great Serpent was whispering to himself "I'm not ready! Not yet! I need more power!" Even though she was one of the most powerful gods in the Gaia, Xiuhcoatl couldn't face the Northern Ice on her own. She could try and destroy the ring that apparently stored Arkouda's power, but that was risky and could lead to unforseen cosequences. Such release of raw power was uncontrollable even if it was Stasis. Serpent eventually calmed down. "There's still plenty of time before Northern Ice reaches Mesogea. And trouble with cold might actually benefit Zacatepec in the long run. It could stimulate their growth, make them adapt new ideas. Maybe that will enliven their static way of living." To make sure they will in fact survive the Winter, Xiuhcoatl created few more.

((spend 4 mana to create 666 Zacatepecs)

Xiuhcoatl, Fire Serpent

After making sure that Zacatepec will survive the Winter, Xiuhcoatl visited the Zinti Clans. They consisted of militant creatures with clawed hands and long, forked toungues called Gangul. Serpent decided they would be his holy warriors. He already gave them weapons and warned them of the Pimian attack. Now was the time for offensive.
Once again he found his chosen. His name was Sahvot. His body was covered with scars each earned in a fight for leadership. Becaause he was a fierce warrior, he was respected by his peers and each year there were fewer pretendents to his title. On top of that, he was a believer. He prayed to Xiuhcoatl before and after each fight, and behind his hut was a small shrine surrounded with flaming torches. His servants, mostly the failed pretenders, were making sure that each torch was ablaze day and night. This night he couldn't sleep well. He had a really strange dream:

He was near the shrine. Torches were burning with bright light. Brighter than ever. It was hotter than usual as well. Suddenly, one of the fires exploded, turning into a pillar of fire. The pillar then started to collapse. No, not collapse. It started to twist and squirm and finally there was a serpent made of pure fire in front of his eyes. It spoke:

You have served me well Sahvot. You will be rewarded for your faith in Great Serpent Xiuhcoatl.

Sahvot scars started to fade away. At least it seemed that way. Truth was much more frightening. Gangul's skin started to harden. The scars were still there but were covered with scales, making them invisible. He realized that his whole skin was now reptilian, covered in scales and scutes. At first he was horrified but after a while he realized the benefit. He was now almost invulnerable. His new skin could somewhat protect him from arrows, spears and claws. Of course good warrior could still pierce his new armor and kill him, but that would require much more effort than before.

Your servitude is not yet over. Zinti Clans have grown. Plains are getting crowded. You must get new lands for the Ganguls. You will gather your clan and you will journey south-west. Conquer what rightfully belong to Zinti Clans. And those that you manage to capture, you will offer to me. You will rip them apart with your claws; paint yourself with their blood; throw their remains on the burning pyre and you will pray. If the sacrifice is good enough, I will answer and I will give others the gift of Holy Scales. To your warriors, to your newborn son. Whoever will bring me the greatest sacrifice will be rewarded.

Sahvot woke up. What a strange dream he told himself and scratched his head. When he did that, he realized that this dream was partly real. His skin really turned into scales.

((spend 10 mana to add scales and scutes to Gangul template. Let's call them Scaled Ganguls for now.
Spend 10 mana on Oneirophany to order attack in south-west direction and sacrifice of enemies
Spend 1 mana to change clan leader Sahvot and other lucky Ganguls to change them into Scaled Ganguls, where "lucky" are the ones that make good sacrifices - many enemies, enemy leaders, etc... if i'm not mistaken it should be enough for about 300 transformations))

Last edited:
index.php

Xiuhcoatl, Fire Serpent

Not many gods answered Xiuhcoatl's proposal, but Dranos did, and that was everybody that really mattered in this case. Serpent was glad, but something made her uneasy. The feeling Xiuhcoatl did not felt for millenia has returned. Cold, northern winter blew across the Gaia. Apparently the greatest enemy of Xiuhcoatl returned. And armed with power of ice and stasis.

"Why would you return now?" Great Serpent was whispering to himself "I'm not ready! Not yet! I need more power!" Even though she was one of the most powerful gods in the Gaia, Xiuhcoatl couldn't face the Northern Ice on her own. She could try and destroy the ring that apparently stored Arkouda's power, but that was risky and could lead to unforseen cosequences. Such release of raw power was uncontrollable even if it was Stasis. Serpent eventually calmed down. "There's still plenty of time before Northern Ice reaches Mesogea. And trouble with cold might actually benefit Zacatepec in the long run. It could stimulate their growth, make them adapt new ideas. Maybe that will enliven their static way of living." To make sure they will in fact survive the Winter, Xiuhcoatl created few more.

((spend 4 mana to create 666 Zacatepecs)

(No response to shadaris?)

Aynar, the God of Responsibility , Nationalism and Industriousness
Aynar continued to be proud of his people achievements, as by now the Pimian civilization had one of the most densely populated regions in the world, it was time to give the Pimian another push in their civilization by giving them the knowledge of irrigation the use of rivers and water bodies to create more arable land to cultivate in and with a crop such as rice which needs a lot of water, the irrigation was necessary to continue in their doing.

And so Aynar appeared in the dreams of another descendant of Huriata this time someone called Astoki, he was the advisor of the king of the city Huritia in Pimia, in his dream , he again saw a vision of what could be something that Aynar had been doing for a long time. When that was done , Aynar told him to spread this knowledge and make his king accept this idea of irrigation to help the population of Huritia. Afterwards, he also made pigs near a farm, as to give the Pimians more to eat and more to grow.

((10 Points to give the Pimians the knowledge of Irrigation , 3 Points to make pigs appear in Huritia))

(No response to shadaris?)
((Sorry, missed that one))

"I do not wish to imply that you are unable to warm your people in the winter to come, but you granted my people knowledge of how to conjure fire with their magic, and sometimes the powers of gods are stronger together. If granting your people magic so they might better conjure your flame in whatever is to come would help. I would be happy to give it."

Thank you for your offer, but my people need to be shaken up. If it's by the cold northern wind, let that be.

IC incoming
(Command Brelians to migrate to the desert in the west. 10 power, Create 640 more Brelians as soldiers. Try to avoid combat and aim for the desert. Take as much as empty places as they can.))

Dranos looked at the world, and was disappointed. His people failed to take the Zinti territory, and it fact lost a great deal of soldiers! He blamed this upon Xiuhcoatl, interfering with affairs that he had no business in. Dranos would have His vengeance. Not today though, later. Dranos was still disappointingly weak, but His Pimians were strong, compared to the other pathetic races in this world. It occurred to Dranos what He must do. He needs to play to His strength, not waste energy on orders telling his Pimians what to do. They were strong and smart, Dranos was sure they were able to handle themselves without His direct guidance. No, all they needed was assistance to raise them onto a level equal to their rivals and everything would fall into place. That decided, Dranos just needed to decide how to guide them. He could make a sacred object for them, but that was risky. If one of the other gods sent a thief to steal it, as is likely given how corrupt and immoral they were, He would have spent power assisting His enemies. He could create more lands for them, but that would be begging for Arkouda to target the land and inflict his power upon it. No, the better was the obvious one: just create more people.

(Simple orders: Create 1970 Homo Fortis on the selected square

pub
)

Arcus, Lawgiver

50px-Sun_symbol.svg.png

It was as if a background hum, present for millennia, had simply stopped. As if a gentle spinning had come to a halt, leaving those with the senses to perceive it leaning in to a tug that was no longer there. For millennia there had been the ever present hum of crackling change, the creaks as the bones of the world absorbed the momentous alterations wrought upon them. It had been so omnipresent and quiet as to be imperceptible; now it was deafening in its absence.

Something had changed in the north, and Arcus felt the pull of great power, speaking to him on a fundamental level. He could not fail to investigate.

But first, his Arcians. Tribes from under the mountain had poured forth and threatened the experiment. That could not stand. There was still much to learn. And, quietly, Arcus felt obliged to the people he had made a covenant with. They deserved an ordered world, as he had promised. He could not intervene directly but he would provide his Arcians with the tools they needed.
Then he would travel north.

Another chieftain cries aloud in his sleep. Another mortal is dragged by powers beyond his comprehension to that cold and lonely void. It is unchanged; infinite, black, lacking up and down and any feature save the distant star and the ring of ice. Perhaps they are far away and perhaps they are close, but it is impossible to say. The void lacks anything else to give context. There is only the ring and the star. And the voice of Arcus:

"Mortal. Your people have done well. You obey the Law, and shall be rewarded with divine order. You and you people have struggled against the Canibs, and I have come to give you my blessings, so you may triumph over them. "

The ring of ice changes, showing a vision; a great herd of beasts, running in a great circle. Canib bodies are crushed underfoot, and Arcians are sat in the saddles.

"Takes the horses and Iron Oxen I shall place in the lands around you as steeds. With these allies, you can retake those lands lost to the Canibs for your people once more."

And with that another mortal awakes, shivering with the imagined cold of a distant void.

ORDERS
Send a dream to an Arcian in the tile marked red below telling them to ride horses and Iron Oxen to help them fight the Canibs. (-10 power)
Make 400 horses and 400 Iron Oxen in each tile marked blue (-8 power) ((assuming I can do maths))
Travel north! XD

9sgBF4p.png

((@Corman50 I hope you don't mind if I use your Iron Oxen template. I quite like the idea of them being war elephants XD ))