for those who told us "influence for machine resettlement is gonna be handled well", im sorry but...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Maethendias

Lt. General
36 Badges
May 17, 2017
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II
machines still dont auto ressettle, despite the resettlement building

meaning, either a forced useless civic to not pay influence for resettlement of machines, or pay influence anyways...

also, so much for "its gonna be less micro", yeah right

• 9Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
I was very annoyed to find the reason an old save I loaded up had unemployeds just sitting where they were was because they were robots. Like, half my governors are robots because robots have absolutely full rights, but you're telling me that robots can't choose where they live and I have to force them around?
It just feels like another thing to say "just go synth ascension so that you have robots but with the actually-reasonable mechanics of organics" rather than finally admitting that it's stupid to consider it ascension at all to simply move the primary species to a robotic one. And even then, would synth ascension even let my robot robots move around freely? I bet it wouldn't with this mess.

It's so weird that they think they have more democratic government types all nice to play when at the end of the day, the mechanics are super geared towards just being a dictatorship.

That's not true. They resettle on their own.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm talking about maschines, not robotic workers.
my dude, why u lyin

i have looked at my 30 unemployed drone capital for 3 ingame years now

• 2Like
Reactions:
That's not true. They resettle on their own.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm talking about maschines, not robotic workers.
Well, for my synthetic workers in my bio-ascended democratic empire, it literally won't let me disable migration controls on their rights in the species menu.
Machine Empires I imagine work differently, and normally they follow how robots work in organic empires, but I haven't tested it.

Reactions:
Well, for my synthetic workers in my bio-ascended empire, it literally won't let me disable migration controls on their rights in the species menu.
same for machine empires

That's true, but they resettle either way. I played a couple hours last night and they do resettle. Most of my colonies were pure replicators. They feed worlds with open jobs and excess housing.
That's...bizarre. It was multiple years without a hint of resettlement. Is the game just bugged, and is resettlement a low chance on top of that?

The base chance is 10% per month. It means one pop may take years, but half will resettle within 6 months.
"ressettlement chance 100%"

so you are telling me its not 100

so you are telling me it STILL sucks regardless

Reactions:
This is the game rule that managed Auto Migration:

Code:
# Root = current planet
# This = pop
# Migration Controls policy and target habitability is checked in code.
can_pop_auto_migrate = {
    planet = {
        NOT = { has_modifier = planet_culture_shock }
    }
    is_sapient = yes
    is_unemployed = yes
    is_being_assimilated = no
    is_enslaved = no
    is_non_sapient_robot = no
    is_shackled_robot = no
}
All conditions must be true at the same time, otherwise a pop cannot auto resettle.

Machine pops don't count as sapient, so they should not be able to auto migrate.
/edit: This is incorrect, they do count as sapient in Machine Empires.

Last edited:
Reactions:

Code:
# Root = current planet
# This = pop
can_pop_auto_migrate = {
    planet = {
    }
    is_sapient = yes
    is_unemployed = yes
    is_enslaved = no
    is_shackled_robot = no
}
All conditions must be true at the same time, otherwise a pop cannot auto resettle.

Machine pops don't count as sapient, so they should not be able to auto migrate.
That is absolutely hilarious. Because Machine pops used to actually resettle under "The Greater Good". This seems to be 100% intentional given they added this modifier. Then again, for some god forsaken reason they also decided to ban slaves from being resettled, while things such as Slavery Guilds will seek to always enslave unemployed pops over employed ones.

"Hey we're reducing micro, but only for some people. Why? No good reason, it's just how we roll!"

• 6Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Well my machine pops resettle so fast to the point where I'm not even able to take action. I was kind of surprised because I wasn't used to this mechanism but it definately works.

Code:
# Root = current planet
# This = pop
can_pop_auto_migrate = {
    planet = {
    }
    is_sapient = yes
    is_unemployed = yes
    is_enslaved = no
    is_shackled_robot = no
}

Machines in Machine Intelligences count as sapient (as do the cyborgs in driven assimilators).

Reactions:
Machines in Machine Intelligences count as sapient (as do the cyborgs in driven assimilators).
Oh, I'm sorry I must remembered this incorrectly. You're right of course.

In that case, unemployed Machine Pops should indeed be able to auto migrate - unless there's something else I'm missing... ;)

/edit: Tested it to make absolutely sure - Machine Pops DO indeed auto migrate.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:

so you are telling me its not 100

so you are telling me it STILL sucks regardless
Where do you got this quote from?
Stuff like the hub module on starbases or the greater than ourselves edict are refrencing the base chance of 10% per month, i.e. "Automatic resettlement chance +100%" results in 20% per month.

Reactions:

Code:
# Root = current planet
# This = pop
can_pop_auto_migrate = {
    planet = {
    }
    is_sapient = yes
    is_unemployed = yes
    is_enslaved = no
    is_shackled_robot = no
}

/edit: This is incorrect, they do count as sapient in Machine Empires.
Where in the game files can I find this, to change it, or does anyone here know hot to make a mod ?

machines still dont auto ressettle, despite the resettlement building

Wait, what? I've had zero issue with auto resettlement when playing machine empires. Check your species rights to see if migration controls are enabled. That might be causing the issue. That or mods maybe.

It's "+100% automatic resettlement chance" not "100% automatic resettlement chance." So the starbase module increases it from 10% to 20%. Which is a nice boost. Add in Greater Than Ourselves for another +200% and you get to a 40% chance (Democracy can reach 45%).

A full 100% chance would mean every single unemployed pop would migrate the very next month, which yeah... Do not want. I'd rather have at least a bit of time to see that a planet has run out of jobs so I know to build something, even if it's for the next pop that grows rather than that specific pop. Or to enable jobs in cases where I have to disable jobs to make them behave.

Reactions:
I'd rather have at least a bit of time to see that a planet has run out of jobs so I know to build something
We could get an icon in the right bar about the fact that a pop left a planet recently. That would allow a good auto-migration experience and also show you where you have an opportunity to build stuff.

Then you wouldn't need to put a delay on auto-migration just to get information about your planets.

Reactions: