• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
rcduggan said:
Nationalism was not fated to happen in the 1800s, it was a byproduct of the French Revolution. As the Kingdom of France will be significantly stronger in this AAR and thus more wealthy, the treasury won't be bankrupt in the late 18th century. So there won't be any French Revolution, thus no nationalism, and thus not a huge threat to the breakup of your empire.

If moving the capital, why not to Aachen?
Aachen has definitally been considered, as it was the Charlemagnian Empire, but Luxembourg has already been made out (through the story telling) to be a second capital...

Also, if it is not France... it will be someone else... such as Spain...

Mr. Capiatlist said:
Aachen has definitally been considered, as it was the Charlemagnian Empire, but Luxembourg has already been made out (through the story telling) to be a second capital...

Also, if it is not France... it will be someone else... such as Spain...
There is always the geographic hindrance of the Pyrenees though... there is nothing like that present between France and Germany (besides rivers, which are easier for armies to cross)?

Mr. Capiatlist: ...The second part of Chapter Ten deals with Germany and Italy (which is more commonly refered to as Etruria).

magnificent ! ! :cool:

I wonder how there are so many people living in the empire... and so many people in living in Malta? If there are 80k living in Valetta, the small neighbour islands contain 20k inhabitants? :confused:

Silence! Do not speak out against EUIII's population calculation... remember my Byzantine Megacampaign... the Earth had a population of about 20 billion in 1920... :p

Also, sorry about the lack of updates... I've been working all week... and trying to learn Basque... don't ask why...

Last edited:
Mr. Capiatlist said:
Also, sorry about the lack of updates... I've been working all week... and trying to learn Basque... don't ask why...
No problem... take as long as you need.

comagoosie said:
Why are you learning Basque, is it for this AAR :D

It is a good thing to be able to speak many languages. But still I regret my decision of learning latin... argh! :(
but if you are good at languages, then keep learning.
Just don't sleep on the lessons... :p

The more languages, the better.

comagoosie said:
What is wrong with latin all the classic books are written in Latin.

Are there any countries that their official language is latin?

Latin is considered a dead language just like ancient Greek. It is a written language but no one speaks it in the modern world anymore. It is usually only read or spoken at the university level now.

Basque is an interesting choice to learn. My friend is actually in Pamplona right now during his studies in Spain. He has relayed back to me that there are quite the few attractive women in the Basque country. Did someone strike your fancy? ;)

Nevertheless, take your time. An excellent AAR is easily waited for by its numerous readers. :)

I am really looking forward to real updates as well, plus the excitement of keeping the next AAR secret is killing me. :p

As for Basque, mostly just because... it is fun knowing a language that few other do... and if there are good-looking Basques out there... I haven't even met a Basque before.

Mr. Capiatlist said:
I am really looking forward to real updates as well, plus the excitement of keeping the next AAR secret is killing me. :p
If you start another one, don't abandon this AAR.. :(

rcduggan said:
If you start another one, don't abandon this AAR.. :(
I promised I wouldn't start the next one until probably next year (or atleast next school year)... I am doing a TON of modding to a scenario for it. The issue was that where I work, a bunch of people quit... usually I work 20 to 30 hours and have time to game... but this week my Boss begged and I let him schedule me for 40 hours.

Well, I have a lot of free time this week... Tuesday through Friday off... so I can probably give you guys an update. :p I'll start it tonight.

Edit: rcduggan, I am stealing your avatar for something in my mod for the next AAR. :p

comagoosie said:
what do you do for a living :eek:

I would love to have that much time off.

school is over, sommer vacation? :)
I have 10 weeks of free time, nothing to do, but spam aarland with my nice useless comments. ;)

Mr. Capiatlist said:
Edit: rcduggan, I am stealing your avatar for something in my mod for the next AAR. :p
Nooooooooo, that's for MY AAR... :wacko: :D

what do you do for a living
I sell shoes, I am currently between my freshmen and sophmore years of the university.

school is over, sommer vacation?
No, summer started May 5th... A bunch of people quit from work so I had to work twice my normal hourage.

Nooooooooo, that's for MY AAR...
If it is I won't use it then.

Mr. Capiatlist said:
I sell shoes, I am currently between my freshmen and sophmore years of the university.

No, summer started May 5th... A bunch of people quit from work so I had to work twice my normal hourage.
I didn't know there was that much demand for selling shoes. :D