• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it. I don't even use subjects and I don't colonize for this reason. I know it's suboptimal but I won't play any gameplay or style that is 'annoying' and it's annoying to manage LD when you don't have the tools to effectively do so half the time

Reactions:
Maybe LD rather than blocking/stalling annexation when above 50% should rather increase the annexation cost (would scale with the amount of LD above 50%), it would better represent their reluctance in joining your nation fully.

Reactions:
Maybe LD rather than blocking/stalling annexation when above 50% should rather increase the annexation cost (would scale with the amount of LD above 50%), it would better represent their reluctance in joining your nation fully.
I don't think that's such a great idea and it doesn't belong in this thread either way.

If the AI can keep LD down to 0% all the time - the player should be able to as well, though this requires Common Sense and the ability to develop. As I mentioned in another thread developing your CN's Gold provinces is a win-win situation. LD goes down by 5% and your Gold income from treasure fleets increases.

If the AI can keep LD down to 0% all the time - the player should be able to as well, though this requires Common Sense and the ability to develop. As I mentioned in another thread developing your CN's Gold provinces is a win-win situation. LD goes down by 5% and your Gold income from treasure fleets increases.
This thread is not about discussing strategies to overcome Liberty Desire, it's about discussing my suggestion. You shouldn't need to invest resources to placate a subject which has no power to declare independence.

I propose to add an "Enforce Loyalty" casus belli for any overlord against disloyal subjects. In the war the subject would be able to call in their allies and everyone supporting their independence. If the overlord wins the war, there is a special peace option called "Suppress Liberty Desire", which annuls all alliances of that subject with other subjects, cancels Support independence treaties and lowers liberty desire either by adding a decaying -50 like the one after an independence war, by removing modifiers like defected provinces or religion enforcement, or maybe both. If the subject wins the war it gets the possiblity to declare independence.

Perhaps, to prevent gamey tactics like: Enforce religion -> declare war before disloyal subject can get nations to support their independence -> profit, the subject could be enabled sign Support independence treaties during the war, dragging them in.
1) Successful war should definitely remove liberty desire from modifiers (defected provinces, religion enforcement, etc). Shouldn't affect liberty desire from development, because that still needs to be reworked (again), and it's less subject to flux.
2) Per another poster's suggestion, a white peace should result in independence for the vassal, but no AE is necessary if you win. Maybe a negative diplo rep modifier for 10 years or something.
3) Absolutely should be able to make allies/sign support independence during this war.
4) Maybe restrict the ability for the overlord to declare to >100% LD. Vassals with 50-60% are possible to get back under; it's the runaway cases we're trying to come up with a solution for.
5) Have Enforce Religion create a one-way truce for a while (1 year? 3 years? 5 years?) so overlord can't declare on subject, but subject can declare on overlord if they get enough independence supporters.

Please don't update old threads, and please don't do content-less bump posts in any case. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.