• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Zuckergußgebäck said:
The problem with Italy is that you doesn´t produce enough manpower to keep your divisions up to strength while at the same time attacking and building more troops. Makes the game really fun!

This does make it more difficult and fun to play.You really have to decide if you want more divisions or if you want to attack.

Austria-Hungary! You have reativly no resistance in the beginning, conquer serbia quickly and you have a huge army to smash your way to St.Petersburg with. I find Ottoman Empire fun also. Taking away Britain's mideast territories cripples them in the long run, their navy dosent operate right, supplies dont come in, army gets smaller, germany invades.(At least in one game :D )

It seems not.

Austria-hungary is a veritable nightmare in the first months of the war, as you will be fighting a two-front war with a relatively small army against an extremely good Serbia and a Russia that is extremely capable of destroying you.

He might be playing an earlier version though, where austrian troops smashed the russians and captured an area the size of their country, even reaching the chinese western border.

That, or we´re dealing with Ludendorff reborn.

I enjoy playing as Serbia. Hold off the Austrians outside Belgrade, wait for them to attack Montenegro then punch through towards Dubrovnik. From there if you're quick you can get almost all of what becomes Yugoslavia before the Austrians can respond. Occasionally you can even reach Munich (although doing so merely draws the attention of the Germans and you have to retreat quickly.)

Then your challenge is to try and keep your economy going until you can attack into Hungary with a reasonable chance of success.

Only problem is A-H's defeat events. Italy gets access through Austria but Serbia doesn't and nobody has access through Hungary. It suddenly makes Budapest a very irritating place to be.

Alternatively, you get swarmed right at the beginning and you'll be lucky to see 1915. It's the variation that makes it good.

I'd have to say Italy is by far my favorite nation to play.

I played as Sweden and joined the Central powers in late 1916. I captured Finland and St. Petersburg.. I couldn't hold it long enough to make Russia surrender, but i kept finland and sent spare troops to the western front. It ended with Allied Defeat and a greater sweden. I planned an AAR but i never did it..

Does Sweden have some leaders?
I remember that, with older version, I only had level 0 Maj-Gen, so I get defeated every team by Russians...

Emp_Palpatine said:
Does Sweden have some leaders?
I remember that, with older version, I only had level 0 Maj-Gen, so I get defeated every team by Russians...

I think i used somekind of leader generator... i don't really remember, it was centuries ago.. :rofl:

i play usa. no doubt about that. and i bomb germany back to stone age. icbms from the coats and right in the head of adolf...

the japs are irritating.

its too much hard job to play the europeean countries i think. i like to build the best units there are and then attack with full strength. i defeat germany within four months playing this strategy.