Faerûn - Forgotten Realms, Dungeons and Dragons mod - Open Beta [0.7.0 03/06/2023] on GitHub and Steam Workshop!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would also like to make a couple of suggestions:

1. Have a game rule to have holy wars as before, if possible. As they work now it's funnier for long runs because the game it's more dynamic, but i think it's a bit immersion breaking.
  2. It's imperative to cut down the number of characters present at any time in game. If the engine needs to calculate what every damn claimant, adventurer, courtier and so on it's doing it will result sluggish after a while. So my suggestion to prevent this would be to eliminate the ability to have concubines and consorts to tribals and religions that allow them. I'd also remove the ability for Alzhedo to have multiple wives, but i don't know enough about th lore of those religions/cultures to know if cutting that option would be lore breaking.
  3. This is just a wish (because AGOT spoiled me), but could we have an official submod to remove evertyhing east and south east of Thay and Mulhorand? It would speed up the game and i think very few people actually play in that part of map.

Last edited:
For anyone interested, I've created two submods. Performance Version that cuts out everything but NW Faerun, and a map terrain upgrade.

Dropbox Alternative Downloads:

Version 2.0 has been released, which adds back lands between Calimshan and Thay. Major cleanup of history file inconsistencies, so the submod should now be nearly identical to the base mod within the playable area.

Version 2.0:
faerun_performance_v2.png

Old Performance Version:

Attachments

• faerun_performance_submod.zip
    554,3 KB · Views: 0
  • faerun_terrain_submod.zip
    5,5 MB · Views: 0
  • faerun_performance_v2.zip
    486,7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I would also like to make a couple of suggestions:

1. Have a game rule to have holy wars as before, if possible. As they work now it's funnier for long runs because the game it's more dynamic, but i think it's a bit immersion breaking.
  2. It's imperative to cut down the number of characters present at any time in game. If the engine needs to calculate what every damn claimant, adventurer, courtier and so on it's doing it will result sluggish after a while. So my suggestion to prevent this would be to eliminate the ability to have concubines and consorts to tribals and religions that allow them. I'd also remove the ability for Alzhedo to have multiple wives, but i don't know enough about th lore of those religions/cultures to know if cutting that option would be lore breaking.
  3. This is just a wish (because AGOT spoiled me), but could we have an official submod to remove evertyhing east and south east of Thay and Mulhorand? It would speed up the game and i think very few people actually play in that part of map.

Can you clarify what you mean about immersion breaking? In the latest version I'm seeing patrons having rivals and religions that you can holy war.
About removing concubines and consorts, I don't think nerfing whole government types and religions just to get a performance boost is fair to the people who do play them.

I mean that i think an estelar worshipping charcter shouldn't be able to holy war people in their religion group or at least have much higher restrictions (maybe lower for akalaic), becuse as far i can remember religious war aren't as common in lore as in our world. Most of the wars are for/against ambitious conquerors or objectively evil/dangerous rulers and organizations.

About concubines/consorts/multiple wives that depends entirely on the lore. I don't recall many or any at all instances of cultures practicing it. I wouldn't be against keeping it, but the game performance slows rapidly after a couple of centuries because there are so many objectively useless characters floating around.

This mod is alot of fun. Thank you!
Alot of thousand year of characters seem to die on day one, and didnt in earlier versions of the mod. Other than that the mod seems working brilliantly!

This mod is alot of fun. Thank you!
Alot of thousand year of characters seem to die on day one, and didnt in earlier versions of the mod. Other than that the mod seems working brilliantly!
Some of those might have the 'absent' trait, which kills anyone who has it on startup. If other characters are dying suddenly, that's a bug.

nd

Some of those might have the 'absent' trait, which kills anyone who has it on startup. If other characters are dying suddenly, that's a bug.

nd

Thanks, it is intentional then?
Some of those people, like the shadowking and dlardrageth would be cool to recruit.

Thanks, it is intentional then?
Some of those people, like the shadowking and dlardrageth would be cool to recruit.
They're around in later start dates - the Fey'ri start showing up in 1366 and are fully fledged in 1372, for example. Just roll the clock forward a bit and see how things change. (They don't currently show up by event, though, so if you already started a game in 1360, there won't be a Fey'ri invasion later. We're currently working on story events of that sort, so a future version may feature them.)

nd

Reactions:
I'm really enjoying this mod good job everyone who worked on this keep going you are doing fantastic, I have a question when casting summoning spells (like summon lesser demons) no actual troops appear on the map or are added to my troops, do they spawn somewhere else or do I have to do something different to have them appear. i have a wild magic master wizard half elf for context. again thank you for making this wish you the best

Just a suggestion, and could make Dragons absurdly hard to deal with, but maybe consider adding in some rules for Dragons concerning battles, like the special tactics that exist in the AGOT Clash of Kings mod. Because other than having good stats, the battles don't really represent that all 3 of my commanders are giant poison spewing flying lizards.

Will however say, I've had incredible fun as the Dragon-King of Neverwinter, to the point I've even made all my half-dragon children my rivals by raising them ambitious, then exiling them so they come back with adventurer armies. The ones who do it get welcomed back and given land. The ones that don't get left out of the will.

Even stole the entire family of the paladin who starts next province over, and raised all 5 of his children for him. He should thank me for the 20+ stat monster heirs I sent back to him. Sure, they all worshipped Tiamat, but you can't have everything.

Just a suggestion, and could make Dragons absurdly hard to deal with, but maybe consider adding in some rules for Dragons concerning battles, like the special tactics that exist in the AGOT Clash of Kings mod. Because other than having good stats, the battles don't really represent that all 3 of my commanders are giant poison spewing flying lizards.

Will however say, I've had incredible fun as the Dragon-King of Neverwinter, to the point I've even made all my half-dragon children my rivals by raising them ambitious, then exiling them so they come back with adventurer armies. The ones who do it get welcomed back and given land. The ones that don't get left out of the will.

Even stole the entire family of the paladin who starts next province over, and raised all 5 of his children for him. He should thank me for the 20+ stat monster heirs I sent back to him. Sure, they all worshipped Tiamat, but you can't have everything.
Green Dragons, Am I right?

Btw, concerning dragons, there should 2 unrelated cultures (or another smart solution): one for chromatic dragons, and one for metallic dragons, because i just witnessed Arauthator, a white dragon, and Palaradusk, a gold dragon, sharing room in the court of Gaulauntyr, a copper dragon.
Another solution would be to give them king level titular titles so they don't end up in one another court.

Btw, concerning dragons, there should 2 unrelated cultures (or another smart solution): one for chromatic dragons, and one for metallic dragons, because i just witnessed Arauthator, a white dragon, and Palaradusk, a gold dragon, sharing room in the court of Gaulauntyr, a copper dragon.
Another solution would be to give them king level titular titles so they don't end up in one another court.

Maybe a trait so they hate each other?
I like there being dragons you can recruit to your court and give titles to though

• 1Like
Reactions:
The problem is that if an unlanded character doesn't belong to a court (specified in the history files) he will end up in the court of landed character of the same culture. I don't think opinion really matters and because there is so few landed dragons, they all end up with a bunch of dragons in their court.
Technically you can define where they should belong, but they are a lot of reasons for them to end up homeless and randomly choose the court of a draconic character.
You could give them adventurer title, or mercenary title, so they have their own court, but the culture trick is a good bandaid imo.

The problem is that if an unlanded character doesn't belong to a court (specified in the history files) he will end up in the court of landed character of the same culture. I don't think opinion really matters and because there is so few landed dragons, they all end up with a bunch of dragons in their court.
Technically you can define where they should belong, but they are a lot of reasons for them to end up homeless and randomly choose the court of a draconic character.
You could give them adventurer title, or mercenary title, so they have their own court, but the culture trick is a good bandaid imo.

One landless title, where all the unclaimed dragons live? until events or a whatever prompt them out into the world to do their thing?

Version 0.3.7
New version out! You can grab it in the usual places. OP will be updated later

Many, many artifacts added.
Sea elf women portraits fixed.
Cleric magic.
Cormyr's Goblin War minor story event chain.
Fey'ri minor story event chain.
Dynamic horde system.
Basic undead mechanics.
Many bugfixes.

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: