Faerûn - Forgotten Realms, Dungeons and Dragons mod - Open Beta [0.7.0 03/06/2023] on GitHub and Steam Workshop!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I love the mod, but based on my most recent playthrough, I have a few questions:
-Tribal buildings don't seem to upgrade to their castle/city equivalents when moving to a more advanced government type; is that working as intended, or a bug?
-On a related note, the "Adopt Religious Government" decision changes your government type to Feudal rather than Divine Mandate; that doesn't seem intentional, but is it?
-Being able to select Eilistraee as a patron for the Thorass faith is a welcome change, but is that meant to replace the addition of a dedicated Church of Eilistraee faith?
-Do you have any sort of publicly available development roadmap? I'd love to see what you have planned

Less of a question, but if you're accepting suggestions, being able to reform the Crown Wars-era elven kingdoms like Miyeritar, Ilythiir, and Aryvandaar after gaining their appropriate territory and while being the appropriately cultured elf would be really cool. I caught the duchy of High Moor localizing to Miyeritar if you have the drow culture, but I'd love to see it taken to the next step.

It is possible to become King of the Dalelands (I get a note that the title is inactive)? Maybe later updates could link some events or a bloodline creation to managing to follow in Aencar's footsteps or some such thing?

It is possible to become King of the Dalelands (I get a note that the title is inactive)? Maybe later updates could link some events or a bloodline creation to managing to follow in Aencar's footsteps or some such thing?
You should be able to create this title. I'll make sure it's marked as active in the next version.

nd

-On a related note, the "Adopt Religious Government" decision changes your government type to Feudal rather than Divine Mandate; that doesn't seem intentional, but is it?
That's a bug, and we'll fix it.
-Being able to select Eilistraee as a patron for the Thorass faith is a welcome change, but is that meant to replace the addition of a dedicated Church of Eilistraee faith?
Eilistraee was already a patron in the Drow Polytheist religion; we don't plan to add a separate monolatrous Eilistraeean faith. There will be more events for different patrons in later versions.
Less of a question, but if you're accepting suggestions, being able to reform the Crown Wars-era elven kingdoms like Miyeritar, Ilythiir, and Aryvandaar after gaining their appropriate territory and while being the appropriately cultured elf would be really cool. I caught the duchy of High Moor localizing to Miyeritar if you have the drow culture, but I'd love to see it taken to the next step.
Most of those titles already exist as localisations of de jure titles:
Miyeritar is used for the Kingdom of Najara as well as the Duchy of the High Moor.
Ilythiir is used for the Empire of the Shining South.
Aryvandaar is used for the Kingdom of the High Forest, except by Sun Elves, who call it Vyshaantar.

Other kingdom- and empire-tier elven titles are:
The titular empire of Eaerlann
The titular kingdom of Ardeep
The titular kingdom of Sarifal
Wyrmwood (de jure Amn)
Ilodhar (de jure Anauria)
Sarenestar (de jure Forest of Mir)
Syorpiir (de jure Empire of Chondath - this may be subject to revision)
Nikerymath (de jure Chondalwood)
Eiellûr (de jure Sespech)
Myth Ondath (de jure Tortured Lands)
Cormanthyr (de jure Cormanthor)
Caerthiilor (de jure Impiltur)
Riildath (de jure Great Dale)
Orishaar (de jure Shaar)
Irithar (de jure Kingdom of Daggerford)
Ilyanbruen (de jure Neverwinter, from the next public version)
Keltormir (de jure Empire of Tethyr)
Shantel Othreier (de jure Kingdom of Sunset)

There are lots of duchy-, county- and even barony-tier localisations too. Elves probably have the most cultural localisations of any group in the mod at present.

nd

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Decision to Recreate Shavinar doesn't seem to work. It says I don't completely control the duchy of the sword coast.
  • I am directly holding all Sword Coast Provinces.
  • I am the Duke of the Sword Coast.
  • I meet all the other conditions.
  • I am Feudal government type.

Last edited:
Decision to Recreate Shavinar doesn't seem to work. It says I don't completely control the duchy of the sword coast.
  • I am directly holding all Sword Coast Provinces.
  • I am the Duke of the Sword Coast.
  • I meet all the other conditions.
  • I am Feudal government type.
We'll look into this for you.

nd

Reactions:
I'm not entirely sure what happened here. It works now. After trying a couple of things and reloading a few times to when I took the area it just... became available. Only thing that changed was that I closed the game to do something else, turned it on and it works. Maybe I did something that I didn't notice or the game glitched out for a moment there.

Thank you for your time regardless.

Reactions:
You should be able to create this title. I'll make sure it's marked as active in the next version.

nd

Ah, cool.

That said it would be fun if you got some kind of "successor to the mantled king" notification or event or bloodline or something for pulling it off.

I suppose you would need to be Dalesman culture, Estelar and human or a half elf for that as well mind you.

Reactions:
I'm working (for fun) on a Lord's Alliance society submod. Highlights:

- can only join if independent ruler with capital in northwest_faerun_region, and belong to one of the "good aligned" religions.
- Rank 1: +2,5% tax modifier, alliance mediation decision (allows you to white peace out while under attack of other members of the lord's alliance, minor currency cost).
- Rank 2: +1 diplomacy, +5% tax modifier, alliance diplomacy decision (allows you to get a free alliance pact with a random member of the society, no currency cost, has a cooldown).
- Rank 3: +2 diplomacy, +7,5% tax modifier, raise ships decision (like the vanilla assassin society).
- Rank 4, +3 diplomacy, +10% tax modifier, raise troops decision (like the vanilla assassin society, BUT only usable if you're defending in a war).

• 4Like
Reactions:
Update:
The Lord's Alliance submod is almost done, I still need to do a lot of embellishment (localisation and such) but all the mechanics are there.

I'm using the society_bg_harpers.dds at the moment as a placeholder, because I don't quite know how to make a custom .dds. Can anyone help with that?
la img.png

• 2Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
New version out!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/faerun-f...ds/faerun-forgotten-realms-v035#downloadsform

Changelog:

Volo can now be found.
Some history updates for the Silver Marches region.
Improved history for Vaasa.
Monster provinces should be less prone to spawning non-monster mob characters.
Better submod compatibility.
Toteteohuan religion has some Sunset Invasion features.
Monster provinces shouldn't have humongous garrisons anymore.
Governments for scalies.
File size should be reduced.
Dark Seldarine courtiers will follow their employer's patron god most of the time.
Theodosian Walls renamed to Great Walls, can only be built on capitals.
Greatly improved racial assignment system.
Ladugueran religion added.
Tutorials for Mind Flayers, updated tutorials for wizards.
Small flavour events for giants.
Long-lived races should not die like humans.
"Recruit a Character" style decisions spawn more diverse characters.
*Partial* wizard mechanics.
Angel and Half-Celestial traits.
Endless depopulation bug is fixed.
New icons for Shadow and Monk classes.
Lizardfolk no longer crash Ruler Designer.
Misc bugfixes.

• 4Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
I think my Lord's Alliance submod is complete enough to share. Managed to make a custom society background .dds as well :)

LA.png

You can find the submod on Steam

UPDATE: The submod has been incorporated in the main mod in version 0.3.6! :) No need to download it if you're using that version or later versions of Faerun.

This is my first public mod, I hope you'll like it. Feedback (positive or negative) will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions:
I have a question regarding the Commonwealth government form and particularly the Popular Vote succession.

I can't find a way to vote for a member of my dynasty as all the possible candidates I can choose from are from different dynasties or lowborn, meaning that I have to get out of this succession law as fast as possible (at least before the death of my first character) to avoid game over.

Is it WAD or is thre a way to play under this succession law ?

I have a question regarding the Commonwealth government form and particularly the Popular Vote succession.

I can't find a way to vote for a member of my dynasty as all the possible candidates I can choose from are from different dynasties or lowborn, meaning that I have to get out of this succession law as fast as possible (at least before the death of my first character) to avoid game over.

Is it WAD or is thre a way to play under this succession law ?
It's intentionally a challenging form of government, and yes, trying to get rid of it is a valid response. To stay in contention, you will need to raise an heir who is very diplomatic and persuasive, and foster good relations between your heir and influential people in the commonwealth - especially mayors, who bring the most votes.

Popular Vote really is intended as a 'free for all' elective system, in which everyone is a potential contender - but landed characters' voting weights are driven by the population of their holdings, which is why mayors are valuable allies.

nd

Before I start to drop much hours in playing this mod, I wanted to ask:

How's the overall performance, speed, comparing to vanilla ?

Version 0.3.6
Version 0.3.6 out.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/faerun-forgotten-realms-for-ck2/downloads/faerun-forgotten-realms-v036 or on steam workshop

WARNING: not save game compatible! If you have ongoing games, finish them before downloading the new version. Also, this version incorporates the Lords' Alliance submod, so do not use the submod with 0.3.6 onward.

Changelog:

Wizard spellcasting finished
Druid buildings
Rogue buildings
New minor titles
Giant cultural modifier to troops nerfed
Three titular duchies added to Cormyr
A few siege flavour events added
New society: Lord's Alliance
New society: The Black Network
Hags now have non-static portraits to prevent some bugs
A few new custom retinues
History enhancements for Cormyr, Thesk, Old Reach and part of Sword Coast North
Crusader trait acquisition bug fixed
Recoloured portraits for Fomorians, Wood Elves, Green Elves, all four Genasi, as well as undead versions of elves and ogres
Congenital traits should not be as common
New special troop types
New race: Sea Elf - not present on the map yet
Slight changes to how tutorials work
Misc fixes

• 5Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
I have this strange bug, that strange brow-orange-red circle appears whenever i have any interaction with something fiendish. Am i the only one? Could this be because i'm playing @ 3840X2160?

20200823204710_1.jpg

Reactions: