Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations – Dev diary 5: Religion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are you going to nerf the sunnis?

Wtf. Yeah let's nerf that religion that caps at 4% missionary strength and is already getting a morale nerf X_X, not the one that gets crusades, 6-8% strength from decisions, or other powerful benefits. Can't have anything other than Christian be viable :D.

I'm more interested to see if they do anything at all to help out the two worst religions in the game: Buddhism and Confucianism. Either give them something better than heretic tolerance, or stop making heretic tolerance harmful FFS. I'd literally remove that "bonus" if I could, such that these religions are only worth +1 tolerance true faith. That would actually be better than the garbage they are right now.

Wtf. Yeah let's nerf that religion that caps at 4% missionary strength and is already getting a morale nerf X_X, not the one that gets crusades, 6-8% strength from decisions, or other powerful benefits. Can't have anything other than Christian be viable :D.

I'm more interested to see if they do anything at all to help out the two worst religions in the game: Buddhism and Confucianism. Either give them something better than heretic tolerance, or stop making heretic tolerance harmful FFS. I'd literally remove that "bonus" if I could, such that these religions are only worth +1 tolerance true faith. That would actually be better than the garbage they are right now.
+1 Religions don't need a nerf, they're not overpowered, they just need balanced. Obviously the EU4 team is making efforts in WoN to also make them more unique, but when I look at the options that will be available to Hindu, I think they'll at least be equivalent (but different) to Sunni.

Hopefully, even if they aren't doing a makeover of all the religions it's a sign that more will come (just like I hope that the Aztec and Inca will eventually get some love).